Jacksonville Jaguars Unveil Stripped-Down Uniforms

JagAaron33

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, VikWings said:

I still don’t understand why if they were gonna take the time to outline the numbers anyway, why they didn’t use teal. It would be a Dolphins-like improvement.

I think you meant gold.

or even better would be gold AND teal.

but gold before teal.

On 26/04/2018 at 1:25 AM, NikeRuinsEverything said:

It looks terrible. The whole point of a number outline is to add more color to a uniform. Adding more of the same color doesn't make the number stand out anymore, nor does it add any value to the overall look of the uniform. It just looks out of place and a design flaw. 

Why do you get to decide what a number outline is for? Clearly in this case the uniform designer has decided to use a number outline in a different way.

Uniforms aren't just flat colours on a screen, nor are they only viewed from a long distance. Texture is incredibly important, and this is designed as a detail that works close up but doesn't muddy the extremely clean overall look they've opted for.

I'm neither here nor there on the set, they're very plain, but the outline is a perfectly good feature.

I was at the Draft Party/Uniform Reveal last night. And every time I saw the uniforms, saw a retail version, whatever, it grew on me tremendously. I liked them the more I saw them. The mannequins looked good. They're not perfect, but they're really nice. The Vapor Untouchable template should never be replaced. The helmet - oh my the helmet - is beautiful. 

The sleeve and pants trim is much more prevalent than the promo images led me to believe

They had a really cool "uniforms through the years" locker set up. Easily could've been more thorough, but I enjoyed it.

The "documentary" of the uniform design process was pretty insightful. Not a lot of Nike Speak, but some slipped in at the end. 

I think the black and teal combo is a good look. It'll look really good for a noon Sunday game under the Florida sun. Calais Campbell said he wants all teal for the Sunday Night Football game against the Steelers. That was probably an easy prediction for that game, too. 

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

19 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

I was at the Draft Party/Uniform Reveal last night. And every time I saw the uniforms, saw a retail version, whatever, it grew on me tremendously. I liked them the more I saw them. The mannequins looked good. They're not perfect, but they're really nice. The Vapor Untouchable template should never be replaced. The helmet - oh my the helmet - is beautiful. 

The sleeve and pants trim is much more prevalent than the promo images led me to believe

They had a really cool "uniforms through the years" locker set up. Easily could've been more thorough, but I enjoyed it.

The "documentary" of the uniform design process was pretty insightful. Not a lot of Nike Speak, but some slipped in at the end. 

I think the black and teal combo is a good look. It'll look really good for a noon Sunday game under the Florida sun. Calais Campbell said he wants all teal for the Sunday Night Football game against the Steelers. That was probably an easy prediction for that game, too. 

What did the documentary talk about? Was hoping they put it up online, but haven’t seen anything yet. 

http://shop.jaguars.com/Jalen_Ramsey_Jersey/Mens_Nike_Jalen_Ramsey_Black_Jacksonville_Jaguars_New_2018_Vapor_Untouchable_Limited_Jersey

I purchased this last night while at the event they are really beautiful in person and In my personal opinion they have a much better fit than their predecessors.

I also feel this is a jersey I can wear out on a random day and not feel outta place because of it being so flamboyant.  So I am quite happy with them. 

#DTWD #GoJaguars

40 minutes ago, TSHARE18 said:

What did the documentary talk about? Was hoping they put it up online, but haven’t seen anything yet. 

I'm surprised they didn't show it outside the event. Want to watch it again. Big speakers make it hard to hear everything.

They had footage of the first meeting with Nike and the NFL. Think there was a date given, but don't recall. They spoke a lot about the brand of the team and the NFL. Nike Speak of "prioritize unique colors" and "teal is the heart of the brand" is really as bad as it got. They interviewed the equipment manager. Shad Khan admitted that the two-toned helmet was a competitive disadvantage in way of giving opponents physical clues (I compared it to teams adding helmet stripes for practice - keep tab on where the player is looking). 

The coolest part, to me, was the design papers. They drew the numbers and uniforms by hand on a lighted table. All the details on the uniform were drawn on a separate sheet of paper and placed on top, which made for some cool TV shots. They showed the drawing of the number font, gave a few glimpses of the entire font but not enough to create the full thing for our uses, I don't think.

Hopefully they upload it online soon. It's worth the watch.

ojNNazQ.jpg

8 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

I'm surprised they didn't show it outside the event. Want to watch it again. Big speakers make it hard to hear everything.

They had footage of the first meeting with Nike and the NFL. Think there was a date given, but don't recall. They spoke a lot about the brand of the team and the NFL. Nike Speak of "prioritize unique colors" and "teal is the heart of the brand" is really as bad as it got. They interviewed the equipment manager. Shad Khan admitted that the two-toned helmet was a competitive disadvantage in way of giving opponents physical clues (I compared it to teams adding helmet stripes for practice - keep tab on where the player is looking). 

The coolest part, to me, was the design papers. They drew the numbers and uniforms by hand on a lighted table. All the details on the uniform were drawn on a separate sheet of paper and placed on top, which made for some cool TV shots. They showed the drawing of the number font, gave a few glimpses of the entire font but not enough to create the full thing for our uses, I don't think.

Hopefully they upload it online soon. It's worth the watch.

I'm pretty sure it said April of 2017

#DTWD #GoJaguars

9 hours ago, Gupti said:

And the silly pants stripe is covered. And you can't much make out the dumb shoulder plastic.

Regardless, it's a horrible uniform any way you slice it.

No it’s really not. That’s just your opinion, man.

4 minutes ago, Claystation360 said:

I'm pretty sure it said April of 2017

The Jaguars are putting Nike and the NFL to shame with their "two year process" every single time this redesign is discussed.

ojNNazQ.jpg

Teal pants should be worn exclusively  with both primary jerseys - black and white.  They look particularly sharp with the white jerseys.

I'm kind of indifferent about the teal jerseys - just that mono teal should never be a thing.  White is probably best, but black isn't terrible.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived