Jacksonville Jaguars Unveil Stripped-Down Uniforms

JagAaron33

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So that's the jersey I purchased. I am really impressed the design even more so after seeing it in person and this being the middle tier jersey it's honestly perfect for a replica with stitched numbers and logo along with the logo being in the proper place and it's a much better fitting style. 

Now I just need my custom jersey. 

#DTWD #GoJaguars

59 minutes ago, Claystation360 said:

So that's the jersey I purchased. I am really impressed the design even more so after seeing it in person and this being the middle tier jersey it's honestly perfect for a replica with stitched numbers and logo along with the logo being in the proper place and it's a much better fitting style. 

Which jersey model is this? Haven’t wore a jersey in 10 years but I’m probably going to purchase a custom black one. 

4 hours ago, TSHARE18 said:

Which jersey model is this? Haven’t wore a jersey in 10 years but I’m probably going to purchase a custom black one. 

Limited

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I’ve held off on any long-winded opinion up til now, but I think I’ve seen the jersey enough to decide that I really like it. Sure, it’s simple, but that doesn’t mean plain, at least to me.  The font is great and the small touches at the neck and sleeves are nice. And the single layer numbers I like more and more every time I see them. I definitely would prefer the teal as the primary, but even the black is a good look. The only change I would make to any of the jerseys is to flip the cuff and collar details on the white jersey from black to teal.

ff_2941232_full.jpg&w=600

ff_2941233_full.jpg&w=600

The helmet is also a winner… it’s gone from possible the worst in all of football to an easy top ten.

Jacksonville-Jaguars-New-Helmet-2018-Unv

From the waist down, however, the problems begin.  A lot of you have dropped the “practice jersey” blast on the jerseys, which I disagree with, but the pants are definitely in that category. I have zero use for those blank black pants, with any jersey combination.  I’ve seen the black stripeless pants look in Baltimore and New Orleans… it sucks balls, and I don’t need to see it again. Burn them. I’d keep the white pants for home, and the teal pants for the road, but both need a simple stripe added… something to break up the emptiness.

DbKK_b5VMAAWnkp.jpg:large

My preferred combos would be B/T/W as the primary home combination, B/W/T and B/W/W splitting time on the road.  B/B/W as the alt.  Every once in a blue moon, go Black over Teal, but very sparingly.  All teal never. Ever.

As always, just my 2 cents.

All the jerseys look clean. It’s a really nice look. Even the white looks nice. Problem is they don’t look like the Jags in the white. Goodness those could’ve used the teal numbers and “stripes.”

Hope they wear the teal pants with the white often.

One glaring issue I have with this set:

-The black jerseys have white numbers and teal stripes

-The teal jerseys have white numbers and black stripes

So far so good, but:

-The white jerseys have black numbers and black stripes

It's an unnecessary lack of continuity. 

This is just unacceptable:

It's essentially devoid of all color. 2/3 of their color scheme doesn't even appear outside of minor details (the team logo, the Swoosh) that the average fan probably won't even notice. Take away those details and most people would assume that this is a generic Nike salesman's sample jersey as opposed to what Jacksonville is actually going to wear this season.

How Nike and the Jaguars decided this was good enough after all the hype about teal and returning to tradition is beyond me.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

2 hours ago, Lights Out said:

This is just unacceptable:

It's essentially devoid of all color. 2/3 of their color scheme doesn't even appear outside of minor details (the team logo, the Swoosh) that the average fan probably won't even notice. Take away those details and most people would assume that this is a generic Nike salesman's sample jersey as opposed to what Jacksonville is actually going to wear this season.

How Nike and the Jaguars decided this was good enough after all the hype about teal and returning to tradition is beyond me.

Take away “ight” from your name and it’s essentially “Lout.”

You can simultaneously argue that the jersey hasn’t no color except for some elements and then argue that people won’t notice those elements and therefore they basically don’t exist

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

21 hours ago, Claystation360 said:

Very, very nice.

Jaguars

5 hours ago, Esco said:

Best number font in league?

Been meaning to rant on the numbers cause you may be right.

The single layer numbers grew on me real quick and they’ve made me realize how extraneous number outlines can be. These digits are crisp, bold, and classic as they are. All of the concepts that I’ve seen attempt to add outlines to this look just look kinda messy and compromise the uni’s purpose.

The font? I’m blown away, honestly. I was a little disappointed at first to see a font as unique as the last one go, but I couldn’t stay mad at a font like this. It’s like the classic athletic block font, but (dare I say??) better. Several times have teams tried to riff on athletic block but didn’t do much short of taking notches out of the corners, adding very little to the look (*cough* BROWNS *cough*).

The Jags new font, however, has taken the spirit of athletic block and given it a modern sleekness and a hint of meanness. It looks badass while still being perfectly legible with no distracting spikes, notched, bells, whistles, etc. It’s generic, but in a good way like athletic block is. The way I feel about this font is basically that the league could standardize it to every team like they do in the MLS and I wouldn’t have a problem. It looks that nice.

The fact that these numbers are printed twill is fine, except that they're printed on white twill, so on the black jersey, the white numbers have a printed black outline, then the cut-line is actually white, so you can see a thin white "border" where the numbers are sewn onto the jersey, even though it's essentially black-on-black, due to the fact that the black border is printed on a white material with a bit of thickness..

Edit: particularly noticeable on the picture of #90 with the jersey in the sun 

3 hours ago, DeFrank said:

Take away “ight” from your name and it’s essentially “Lout.”

You can simultaneously argue that the jersey hasn’t no color except for some elements and then argue that people won’t notice those elements and therefore they basically don’t exist

I said it was essentially devoid of all color, not that it was literally devoid of all color. What little gold and teal there is on that jersey is so miniscule as to not make a significant difference.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

I said it was essentially devoid of all color, not that it was literally devoid of all color. What little gold and teal there is on that jersey is so miniscule as to not make a significant difference.

I agree.. It's hard to view the chest logo patch as an actual design element, and given the design of the sleeve, the Nike swoosh is an unnecessary addition that the jersey could theoretically do without.. If, for example the cuff and large lower section of sleeve were black (larger section than what they currently are), and then perhaps a medium thickness stripe of gold rested on top of the black, leaving only a moderate amount of white, then the teal swoosh would tie the colors together more and stand out on its own more, I think.. If they had put forth some effort to incorporate more than just an oversized cuff of team color, it would tie things together more.. But given the fact that they didn't, either the numbers should've been teal, or swooshes AND cuff/sleeve details should've been teal (my preference would've been numbers)

Archived