4 hours ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

I can't unsee the word MIKE on the bucks alt though

3 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

I keep reading it as "Mickey"

Any suggested fix? I considered adding some punctuation to clear it up, like the Lakers' baby blues, but I'm not sure what else to do.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BradyIvie said:

Any suggested fix? I considered adding some punctuation to clear it up, like the Lakers' baby blues, but I'm not sure what else to do.

Is MKE a known thing? Score bugs always have it as MIL. 

So trying to clear up the "Mike" and "Mickey" problem, I added punctuation to the "MKE." If that doesn't fix it (like it does for the Lakers' MPLS. jerseys), I've added another wordmark, "The Mil".

qBfsNyv.pngUq49ErP.png

Also, with the Heat on the brink of elimination, I've completed their uniforms (although they're more tweaks than concepts). The wordmarks and numbers now have an extra yellow outline to make them stand out a little more and help bring a little extra color. I also hated how the "Heat" wordmark had the flame coming off it and "Miami" didn't, so I added the flame to the latter. The Statement uniform now has a black wordmark and numbers to match the late-'90s alternate. Finally, the City Edition no longer features black and the striping down the side is replaced with deco-style triangles.

NiDhl3B.png1OSLDSx.pngxW7kveI.png7Thhsly.png

C&C are, as always, welcome.

10 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Mil? Just put the bucks logo back on their, would look much better

I've made one last version of the Statement jersey and, despite not wanting to shrink the front number, did so in order to put the logo on.

AaPZDOW.png

I've also completed the Timberwolves. The sleeve and neck striping gets reworked, green is made more prevalent, the blue jersey is now the lighter shade of blue, and the Statement uniform now features "Wolves". The City Edition is still gray, but it's now a fauxback modeled after the Minneapolis Lakers' uniforms and logo.

8UtUILI.pngoIuePwP.pngvemvC1l.png4ufz5IN.png

C&C greatly appreciated.

11 hours ago, qckgnc said:

So two purple and teal teams in the league? I guess the copper is a nice way to make their scheme unique from Charlotte or, do you plan on changing Charlotte up? Im feeling that 6ers look.

My plan is to keep the Hornets' colors, as the dark purple I gave the Jazz is MUCH different and the league was just fine with the Jazz, Grizzlies, Hornets, and (unfortunately) Pistons all wearing it simultaneously. Besides, how many teams wear blue and red and nobody bats an eye?

14 hours ago, walkerws said:

I'd put the Twolf on the shorts of the city uni.  I see where its coming from though. 

I want to keep the logo I've got on the shorts right now, but I went ahead and added the wolf to the other side (although without the roundel).

j44lqC6.png

I've now finished up my concept for the Thunder. Not only did I create new uniforms for them, but I gave them a modified logo as well. The ball is now centered on the shield, the "OKC" and "Thunder" are in new fonts more evocative of the West, and the lines underneath the shield are gone. For the jerseys, the middle of the side piping is now a gradient and a new distressed font is used for the numbers. The Statement jersey resurrects the Sunset orange look and puts the new logo on the chest with the front number inside of it. For the City Edition, the sides feature a Native American pattern and "Oklahoma" across the chest.

h6vLvr0.pngSS5Oyth.pngd4OPJu8.pngMH5myu2.pngf2K244M.png

As always, C&C welcome and encouraged.

First get rid of those smudges on the numbers and also shrink them on the Association Jersey. I really like the set especially the City edition. That font looks fantastic. Although, that orange logo on an orange jersey. It’s not working for me.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Thunder: I would ditch the distressing on the numbers first and foremost. Beyond that, the white, blue and NativeOK jerseys are perfect, but I would stick to just the OKC and number. The number gets lost in the logo and I think it would be a mistake. Overall, this is one of the better redesigns for the Thunder that this Okie has seen.

On 4/26/2018 at 5:27 AM, BellaSpurs said:

First get rid of those smudges on the numbers and also shrink them on the Association Jersey. I really like the set especially the City edition. That font looks fantastic. Although, that orange logo on an orange jersey. It’s not working for me.

23 hours ago, HoopsCoach55 said:

Thunder: I would ditch the distressing on the numbers first and foremost. Beyond that, the white, blue and NativeOK jerseys are perfect, but I would stick to just the OKC and number. The number gets lost in the logo and I think it would be a mistake. Overall, this is one of the better redesigns for the Thunder that this Okie has seen.

Thanks for the feedback. I've gone ahead and removed the distressed numbers/wordmarks and placed the "OKC" from the logo on the Statement jersey instead of the full logo.

J2q1jCX.pngw0fHWEL.png

5iGKy5k.png7gjwfDx.png

Next team on the court are the Washington Wizards. I brought the horizontal stripe to the back of the uniform, this time lining up with the front stripe. The wordmarks on the chest have stars replacing basketballs dotting the "i"s. I've also placed it on the Statement uniform. The striping from the shorts also now carries all the way up the side, rather than carrying just the thin stripe past the shorts. The star on either side of the shorts is now silver to make it stand out better. For the City Edition, I took the "Of Columbia" off the wordmark, as I felt "The District" gave them an even more distinct identity. The City Edition also has a much different side panel for a more modern look and features a star on either side of the numbers on the front and back of the jersey.

LbsleMG.pngl3gj5sV.pngdp6IEgw.pngQtGKcAt.png

Thank you all so far for the feedback!

With the Pacers facing elimination tonight, I've completed Indiana next. The stripes are now under the sleeves and at the base of the shorts as part of a side panel. The font from last season also returns. The pattern on the back of the Statement jersey is removed, as gold is busy enough on its own. For the City Edition, the uniform is navy blue and features nine rows of gold bricks wrapping around the torso representing the finish line of Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The wordmark on the chest also features a stripe across it as a callback to the team's uniforms from the mid-'80s.

6dT2cFA.pngXseh1YE.pngbw4owFD.png718rhln.png

Any feedback is welcome.

As I'm going to have less time to work on my concept starting tomorrow, I figured I'd hurry and get the next team ready. As such, here are the Boston Celtics. The only real difference for the Icon and Association jerseys come from extending the stripes from the shorts to under the sleeves and adding a shamrock on either side of the pants. The team also revives the green-and-gold St. Patrick's Day look as the Statement uniform. As for the City Edition, I change the base color of the uniform from gray to black while maintaining the parquet pattern.

c8GyE9o.png8mcgYhd.png2Aly5jW.png24Q8TYO.png

C&C welcome.

• 1 month later...

Great concepts! Sorry for being a little late to this, but can you do the Timberwolves Uni without the stripe above the wordmark? That has bothered me immensely and would be a big fix to make the uniform great. In doing so, I would recommend making the top part Green instead of Navy on the Home/Road (I mean Icon/Association) and making the top of the Startement Uni the lighter Blue rather than Navy.

da0Lbhs.png

Archived