Jaguars Owner Makes Offer on Wembley

Mac the Knife

17 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Maybe it’s just a back up in case they stop making the playoffs for awhile, or just a property investment. (Just dreaming)

I'd say it's more related to this. The English national team is actually playing games away from Wembley and would want to make up the difference on the money they still owe on the stadium. It could also be possible that if Fulham decides to upgrade Craven Cottage he'd be able to slot them straight into Wembley for a year without dealing with a bunch of red tape on the way there. Somehow if the NFL let a team move to London they'd probably want them to play at Tottenham since they have the field ready to go throughout the year due to the sliding turf being installed there. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

30 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'd say it's more related to this. The English national team is actually playing games away from Wembley and would want to make up the difference on the money they still owe on the stadium. It could also be possible that if Fulham decides to upgrade Craven Cottage he'd be able to slot them straight into Wembley for a year without dealing with a bunch of red tape on the way there. Somehow if the NFL let a team move to London they'd probably want them to play at Tottenham since they have the field ready to go throughout the year due to the sliding turf being installed there. 

The FA is set to pay off the Wembley debt by 2024, or just 17 years after opening. That's pretty good even after converting 5,000 Club Seats into general seating w/o access due to a drop in demand last year.

2 minutes ago, Mac the Knife said:

You moderators are absolutely no fun whatsoever anymore...

Maybe put the original title in the first post? 

(I'm curious)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Mac the Knife changed the title to Jaguars Owner Makes Offer on Wembley
21 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

Maybe put the original title in the first post? 

(I'm curious)

Seconded.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

7 hours ago, OaklandIsBack said:

If any sport was going to have an overseas team football would make the most sense. Any other sport would be a scheduling nightmare 

The Jags would have to hit on every draft pick, no free agent is signing up to live in Europe

Travel be damned, if I'm a free agent, I'd choose to live in London over Jacksonville any day.

Then again, I probably have next-to-nothing in common with most NFL players, so you're likely right.

On 4/27/2018 at 7:49 AM, kroywen said:

Travel be damned, if I'm a free agent, I'd choose to live in London over Jacksonville any day.

I'd rather live in Florence than Buffalo, but that shouldn't be a decision for me to make regarding a sport that's only popular in one country.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 4/27/2018 at 1:45 AM, OaklandIsBack said:

If any sport was going to have an overseas team football would make the most sense. Any other sport would be a scheduling nightmare 

The Jags would have to hit on every draft pick, no free agent is signing up to live in Europe

Yeah, why would anyone want to live in London when they could live in Nashville, Charlotte, Green Bay, etc.

they can spend their off seasons in whatever podunk American towns they’re from, so it shouldn’t matter. To most people, a high paying jorb in a city like London would be a dream come true. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived