Goodbye Dallas Burn, Hello...

txhockeyfan

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lol, well it could have been worse right?

it definately could have been worse.. think of it like a phoenix coyotes type change... they went from TERRIBLE to decent.

i'm not in love with the FC Dallas crest, but it's definately an upgrade, as is the team name.

lol, well it could have been worse right?

it definately could have been worse.. think of it like a phoenix coyotes type change... they went from TERRIBLE to decent.

i'm not in love with the FC Dallas crest, but it's definately an upgrade, as is the team name.

I agree. Just compare the Dallas Burn logo with the FC Dallas logo:

DallasBurnCrest1.gifkzK4YYgn.gif

I'd take FC Dallas over the Dallas Burn without question.

0I3kSAc.png

We are wolves • Under the moon

all the dallas teams seem to do red white and blue, next the cowboys will add red, the mavericks will rework themselves into red white and blue and the stars will do the red white and blue star jersey lol

Cowboys in red, white in blue as in "America's Team"? That slogan has Bitten, Blown, Stunk and Sucked (the unholy superfecta of all time) outside Dallas for eons!

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

deadhors.gif

:blink:

"That horse is SUCH a ripoff of the Dallas Mavericks!"

:D

That response had me ROTFLMMFAO, mate!!!

all the dallas teams seem to do red white and blue, next the cowboys will add red, the mavericks will rework themselves into red white and blue and the stars will do the red white and blue star jersey lol

Dallas Teams:

Dallas Cowboys - Silver and Navy

Mavericks - Silver, Navy, Royal

Stars - Green, Gold, Black

FC Dallas - Red, White, and Blue....

then if you include Arlington, you've got:

Texas Rangers - Red, White, and Blue....

so....... all dallas teams wear red, white, and blue? if you don't count the dallas americans, who won't finish their first season, the only real DALLAS team that wears red, white, and blue is FC Dallas... and out of the big 4 sports league (NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB) , only 1 team wears red, white, and blue, and they play all the way in arlington, and try to distance themselves from the "dallas" name.

Let me see if I got the joke, there.

<_<

Nope, neither did I.

In his defense...in the last 5 years or so, minus the mavericks, any major uniform change or new team in Texas has been Red White and Blue.

Texans, FC Dallas, Dallas Americans

And minus the Stars...they are all Blue and White. Not a problem, I mean look at pittsburg.

I declare you both right!

peace,

pc

I like it. I would have prefered Dallas Tornado, but this works for me. I do get tired of teams going with the old west theme here. Not all of us ride horses to work or milk our own cows. I swear every time the Cowboys have a home game, FOX cuts to a commercial by showing a cow or someone riding a horse. Don't they know we live in a big city!!!! Yeah, there are ranches, but there is more to Dallas and Texas than cows and horses. Sorry, had to vent.

rangersCBSig.gif

Plus, the whole incongruity of a team being called "FC" for "Football Club", when it is located in AMERICA, where the game is called soccer.  Hell, even the league name is "Major League Soccer", not "Major League Football".

The idea of this as a "Club"? Please. Like most professional sports team in America, this is a FRANCHISE, owned by a wealthy individual.

As an FYI, the Miami Fusion were officially Miami Fusion F.C. on their kits.

Also, the franchises in MLS are not owned by any particular individual. MLS owns the teams and all the players contracts. There are investor/operators, including Lamar Hunt, Robert Kraft and Phil Anschutz who run the teams, but not owners.

patriotssignature.png

The new team name is a mere two letters and an exclamation point away from being a dream come true for Roger Clemente.

Insightful. :)

Does every Texas team have to play into the stereotypes of Bulls and/or lone star flags?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Does every Texas team have to play into the stereotypes of Bulls and/or lone star flags?

Becuase they should pull from some other region instead...?

I like the logo the more I look at it. It's a good design. And you can take your smiley throwing things and...

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived