Goodbye Dallas Burn, Hello...

txhockeyfan

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does every Texas team have to play into the stereotypes of Bulls and/or lone star flags?

No. The Astros, Rockets, Spurs, Mavericks, and Cowboys have no bulls or lone star flags (and yes, I know the Cowboys have a star logo).

As a Dallas resident, first of all, I really like the new FC Dallas name and logo. I don't know what all the bitching is about. It is well done, and FAR superior to the Burn name and logo, which were both bland. You guys make it sound like the birth of the Dallas Ice Patrol.

I'm not crazy about the stereotypes of cowboys, horses, ranches etc. either. They give a false impression of what the big Texas cities are like. But, that being said, Texas has a unique identity that can be played up in logos and names. The Texans, and now FC Dallas, have done that perfectly.

I hope the uniforms end up looking good.

dallas burn (fc dallas) website said that the steer is symbol of the cattle drives in north texas in the 1800s and is there because just like bulls that migrated on those cattle drives dallas mls team is migrating to a new home stadium next season.

Ughh... I'm so over essoterric justifications on design elements. Can't they just say "Steers are commonly associated with Texas, and our team is in Texas... so yeah."

It's like the Memphis Grizzlies explanation on their new color set. Did you really have to bring pharoes into it? <_<

Ughh... I'm so over essoterric justifications on design elements. Can't they just say "Steers are commonly associated with Texas, and our team is in Texas... so yeah."

It's like the Memphis Grizzlies explanation on their new color set. Did you really have to bring pharoes into it?

well said. and ditto btw.

All aboard the Off-Topic train,

Like the Milwaukee Bucks site reads in part: "The Buck itself gazes steadily ahead, as if to accept any challenge that may lay in its path. ...........The unique combination of colors -- hunter green, purple and silver -- display a regal spirit of character......................Purple was introduced as a contrasting color and one that, while currently in vogue, will stand the test of time."

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Or if the truth filters were turned on......everyone here hunts deer! They're everywhere! Plus purple is selling like crazy now (1993) and we want a piece of it.

Funny but true story. I know Miltown hates the characterization that we here aren't at all urban and to that I agree with him. But a few years ago, I was having lunch with some colleagues at a nice restaurant downtown on Water Street...and looked out the window to see 2 deer running down the sidewalk, slipping on the pavement and quite terrified. Seconds later three squad cars zipped by in an effort to "resolve" the situtation. We got a lot of deer.

Now back to the business at hand. The FC Dallas logo, my .02, this logo is darned pretty sharp. While it may not be revolutionary, it's crisp, coherent, well executed and simple. I'd be proud to have done it.

-the new kinder, gentler Sterling84

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I'm a little ignorant when it comes to soccer. I understand FC denotes "Football Club", but what is the significance behind "United"? What exactly is being united?

I think you'd have to look on a team-by-team basis, but I think you'd find that most teams named "United" are the product of the merger of two or more historic clubs. In the early days, these were literally clubs, not the professional teams we see today. Over time, they consolidated -- or existing clubs rose to prominence and then adopted United in an effort to win support from a broader fanbase.

Moving on...I kinda like FC Dallas.

Actually, I've taken to giving my fantasy baseball teams names like Phoenix Coronas AC (for athletic club). If you don't like it, you can sit and spin. :P

"The new team name is a mere two letters and an exclamation point away from being a dream come true for Roger Clemente."

And EVERY rival of the Cowboys in the NFC East!

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

"The new team name is a mere two letters and an exclamation point away from being a dream come true for Roger Clemente."

And EVERY rival of the Cowboys in the NFC East!

One of these things is not like the other....

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

What have we deteriated into, "Sesame Street" or a Subway ad?

We've deteriated into a place where you continually make absolutely no sense. What does the NFC East has to do with Roger Clemente? I obviously didn't get it.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

We've deteriated into a place where you continually make absolutely no sense. What does the NFC East has to do with Roger Clemente? I obviously didn't get it.

I get it! I get it!

Two letters and an exclamation point. If you add two letters, (U and K) and an exclamation point you get something that foes of the Cowboys like to shout.

I, however, wanted to delete two letters, (the F and C) and add an exclamation point. My vagueness in an attempt to perpetuate a longstanding, albeit somewhat inside, joke is at the heart of this.

Nonetheless, good show James. Very clever.

I get it! I get it!

Two letters and an exclamation point. If you add two letters, (U and K) and an exclamation point you get something that foes of the Cowboys like to shout.

I, however, wanted to delete two letters, (the F and C) and add an exclamation point. My vagueness in an attempt to perpetuate a longstanding, albeit somewhat inside, joke is at the heart of this.

Nonetheless, good show James. Very clever.

But what does this have to do with the Expos and the rumors about them leaving Montreal, Yale?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Has someone been smoking the funny cigarettes? Am I missing something here?

I like the New Moniker. I like the logo (following in the footsteps of D.C. United and the new Metrostars shield (i like how the Metrostars dropped the "NY/NJ" from their name too)

Good Job F.C. Dallas!

Has someone been smoking the funny cigarettes?  Am I missing something here?

And Craven, you're from Philly... you miss alot....

alot....

(btw, Eagles suck balls...)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

fc dallas has an okay ring to it. part of the ring seeths of sounding like something they're not, but eh. the crest is top notch. as long as the Columbus Crew are still the Columbus Crew, i'm good...Columbus SC wouldn't have quite the same feeling to it.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

"And Craven, you're from Philly... you miss a lot.

"A lot."

(btw, Eagles suck ****s...)

Q: Does Philadelphia have a soccer team in MLS?

A: No, but they send some DC United games here on Comcast Sports Net. Something about corporate stuff if I remember.

And no, the Eagles do not suck...well, you know.

well, latest news i've heard from burn fans around dallas is that they're planning to use an "unofficial nickname" like the gunners, the red devils, the magpies, etc... so while FC Dallas will not officially have an official mascot name, the team is going to be refered to as "los/the toros" :)

i can live with that as well.

viva los toros? :)

Archived