steve61

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, nas1787 said:

Forge FC's 2020 home jersey has leaked.

znynz8n0uaj41.jpg

I feel like the white stripe must be a nod to the Hamilton Steelers.

DSCN9980.jpg

So orange shorts right? Grey would look a little strange

I like it alot. Looking forward to all of today's reveals. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

2 hours ago, nas1787 said:

Likely orange, but we'll find out later today when all home kits are revealed.

So does this mean (save for Ottawa) that teams are holding over the away kits or are those being released later?

Of note.. all clubs home kits feature white shorts and socks. This was apparently at the request of Macron, who had issues with designing and supplying 14 custom kits last year. The hope was that this would simplify things a bit.

The latest rumour though is that all teams will have black away kits (which would provide the suitable clash with the white shorts/socks).

If so, I have a feeling fans will not be happy.

And Ottawa's kits will come at a later date. But expect red and white stripes paired with white shorts and socks.

4 minutes ago, nas1787 said:

Of note.. all clubs home kits feature white shorts and socks. This was apparently at the request of Macron, who had issues with designing and supplying 14 custom kits last year. The hope was that this would simplify things a bit.

The latest rumour though is that all teams will have black away kits (which would provide the suitable clash with the white shorts/socks).

And Ottawa's kits will come at a later date. But expect red and white stripes paired with white shorts and socks.

How long until they run to Nike or adidas?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 minutes ago, nas1787 said:

I mean, for Forge that just means use your 3rd from last year but I agree; I don't think that will go over well. 

If Macron can't meet the needs of the league maybe the league needs to move on. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

2 hours ago, nas1787 said:

Well, then maybe that's the reason to keep the same kit for more than a year.  I honestly still don't get how soccer teams get away with coming out with new kits every year.  

2 minutes ago, M4One said:

Well, then maybe that's the reason to keep the same kit for more than a year.  I honestly still don't get how soccer teams get away with coming out with new kits every year.  

I remember in the early 2000s and maybe farther than that, but most clubs usually kept one kit from the year before and it was then held over as a third kit. That would be most ideal I think. If not the CPL should adopt the MLS model and cycle kits every other year.

Archived