steve61

Canadian Premier League

Recommended Posts

For a Canadian capital, the logo looks quite American from a distance 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2020 at 3:38 PM, Corvus said:

Alternate mark for AO, and here's the page with the logo explanation spiel. 

 

spacer.png


Am I the only one who would prefer this as the primary?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forge FC's 2020 home jersey has leaked.

 

znynz8n0uaj41.jpg

 

I feel like the white stripe must be a nod to the Hamilton Steelers.

 

DSCN9980.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, nas1787 said:

Forge FC's 2020 home jersey has leaked.

 

znynz8n0uaj41.jpg

 

I feel like the white stripe must be a nod to the Hamilton Steelers.

 

DSCN9980.jpg

So orange shorts right? Grey would look a little strange

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Likely orange, but we'll find out later today when all home kits are revealed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like it alot. Looking forward to all of today's reveals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nas1787 said:

Likely orange, but we'll find out later today when all home kits are revealed.

So does this mean (save for Ottawa) that teams are holding over the away kits or are those being released later?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

York 9 is a big improvement with the Phila Union center stripe. All the rest are good, Calvarys is giving me Trailblazer vibes with the sash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of note.. all clubs home kits feature white shorts and socks. This was apparently at the request of Macron, who had issues with designing and supplying 14 custom kits last year. The hope was that this would simplify things a bit.

 

The latest rumour though is that all teams will have black away kits (which would provide the suitable clash with the white shorts/socks).

 

If so, I have a feeling fans will not be happy.

 

And Ottawa's kits will come at a later date. But expect red and white stripes paired with white shorts and socks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nas1787 said:

Of note.. all clubs home kits feature white shorts and socks. This was apparently at the request of Macron, who had issues with designing and supplying 14 custom kits last year. The hope was that this would simplify things a bit.

 

The latest rumour though is that all teams will have black away kits (which would provide the suitable clash with the white shorts/socks).

 

If so, I have a feeling fans will not be happy.

 

And Ottawa's kits will come at a later date. But expect red and white stripes paired with white shorts and socks.

How long until they run to Nike or adidas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nas1787 said:

The latest rumour though is that all teams will have black away kits (which would provide the suitable clash with the white shorts/socks).

I mean, for Forge that just means use your 3rd from last year but I agree; I don't think that will go over well. 

 

If Macron can't meet the needs of the league maybe the league needs to move on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nas1787 said:

Of note.. all clubs home kits feature white shorts and socks. This was apparently at the request of Macron, who had issues with designing and supplying 14 custom kits last year. The hope was that this would simplify things a bit.

 

The latest rumour though is that all teams will have black away kits (which would provide the suitable clash with the white shorts/socks).

 

If so, I have a feeling fans will not be happy.

 

And Ottawa's kits will come at a later date. But expect red and white stripes paired with white shorts and socks.

 

Well, then maybe that's the reason to keep the same kit for more than a year.  I honestly still don't get how soccer teams get away with coming out with new kits every year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, M4One said:

 

Well, then maybe that's the reason to keep the same kit for more than a year.  I honestly still don't get how soccer teams get away with coming out with new kits every year.  

I remember in the early 2000s and maybe farther than that, but most clubs usually kept one kit from the year before and it was then held over as a third kit. That would be most ideal I think. If not the CPL should adopt the MLS model and cycle kits every other year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.