Canadian Premier League

steve61

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Changing their identity a little bit isn't going to fix what their real problems are. (Apparently there's a lot of fighting behind the scenes...very reminiscent of early TFC days). 

My reaction to this was "meh".

I think using the word "united" instead of the number 9 to convey that this club is supposed to represent the 9 towns/cities makes more sense but "whatever". 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/18/2020 at 9:06 AM, steve61 said:

Halifax Canadian Premier League team to be called the HFX Wanderers -  Sportsnet.ca

Oops. Apologies to Halifax. In my defense, abbreviating it HFX is dumb and so my brain erased it from memory ;);)

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

• 1 year later...
21 hours ago, steve61 said:

20220121-DJC04046-1-1024x1024.jpg

That pink touch is surprising but I like it! Thanks to @officeglenn's writeup for explaining it's wild rose-themed; I think that's a nice inspiration even if it's not obvious. I just don't like the random addition of gold in the collar; it muddies it up.

21 hours ago, steve61 said:

20220121-DJC03939-Edit-1-1024x1024.jpg

Gorgeous!

21 hours ago, officeglenn said:

Block font inspired by the Canadian men's national team that qualified for the World Cup in 1986; horizontal line cutting through represents the 49th parallel.

The new font is quite nice, and I like the fact that there can be different colored number trim with that drop shadow. Probably more of a lateral move than an upgrade, but the last font was so good that that's not such a bad thing.

Archived