NFL Draft Picks

bowld

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there a slower looking qb number than 17? I can’t imagine 17 running around and making athletic plays. 17s have always been the Steve Debergs and David Kreigs of the world.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

49 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Is there a slower looking qb number than 17? I can’t imagine 17 running around and making athletic plays. 17s have always been the Steve Debergs and David Kreigs of the world.  

You may be on to something. Outside of maybe Quincy Carter, I cant think of another QB who wore #17 that one might consider "elusive"

Rivers, Osweiler, and Tannehill are all rather "statuesque" currently. 

56 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I think 18 is a fatter, snowman number.  19 is also close, but 18 takes it ever so slightly. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

4 hours ago, BrianLion said:

You may be on to something. Outside of maybe Quincy Carter, I cant think of another QB who wore #17 that one might consider "elusive"

Charlie Ward—if we're not limiting it to just NFL QBs.

Orf41ch.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

6 hours ago, BrianLion said:

Doug Williams, Brian Sipe come to mind ......yeah I'm old school 

I'm not sure Carter was ever really considered "elusive", at least not in the NFL.  From what I remember, he got sacked a lot and didn't make a ton of plays with his feet.  Was a while ago though.

3 hours ago, Survival79 said:

Charlie Ward—if we're not limiting it to just NFL QBs.

Orf41ch.png

Good call on that one, but he's literally the only "athletic" #17 I can think of, even going back to my high-school days.

For some reason, it seems to work for WRs, but QBs just seem like they're made of concrete when they wear it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 hours ago, BrianLion said:

Is "Bill-ieve" an actual thing up in Buffalo? Or was this just made up because 'Choke Slam Through a Flaming Table" wouldnt fit on a hat? 

It's a thing. I expect those hats will actually sell pretty well around here.

I HATE the buds uniforms and number font, they had a great look and went and changed it just for changes sake when Nike took over, definitely a down grade. I think if the had kept the previous uniform and just added the updated logos along with the numbering font from their old practice units that would be a great improvement!

sms.gif

23 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Funny that the practice jersey has "traditional" shadowing rather than the stupid up-shadow that their gamers use.

Also, that pic just reinforces my belief that the brown facemask ruins the helmet.  Gray all the way.

On 5/4/2018 at 11:56 AM, BrianLion said:

Billy Kilmer was a pretty big run/pass threat in the first few years of his career with the 49ers. He had 987 yards rushing in his first two seasons, but just 523 over the remaining 15 seasons of his career. Some say it was due to injuries, but I think wearing #17 took its toll.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived