Biggest lateral moves in sports history

MCM0313

That's a perfect example.  Both Lakers unis are equally great.  I kinda prefer the purple numbers with the shadow, so I'd like to see the "classic" version on the current template and see how it looks.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally thought the Detroit Lions made a lateral move going from their first black accent set to the second black accent set. I guess the new Lion logo was an improvement, but that's about it. Didn't care for either of those unis *shrugs*

Hotter Than July > Thriller

3 hours ago, NoE38 said:

Definitely disagree here. The new look is miles ahead of the old one, especially the logo.

I will give you that the new logo is slightly better than the old, but I wouldn't say the rest of the jersey is miles ahead of the old look considering how similar they are.

The Dolphins 2013 felt lateral to me.. I definitely preferred some of the cleaner, more streamlined features of the newer set, and the previous set had some issues (over-designed, cartoony logo, too dark aqua and navy), but it felt somewhat classic compared to the 2013 redesign - with the "cruise ship" logo, white mask, muted colors, and general lack of orange.. Obviously, the newest version is a massive upgrade, but I felt like the previous redesign was a pretty lateral move

So we're looking for most drastic redesign that doesn't result in an upgrade nor downgrade? I guess the Cavaliers recently went from bad to multiple flavors of bad. Now this :censored:'s getting quadratic or something.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Because their uniforms didn’t change other than the logo and wordmark. 

Pantherslogo.jpg

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

10 minutes ago, the admiral said:

So we're looking for most drastic redesign that doesn't result in an upgrade nor downgrade? I guess the Cavaliers recently went from bad to multiple flavors of bad. Now this :censored:'s getting quadratic or something.

10 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

I took it to mean "biggest change" that was lateral.. Maybe?

Most lateral. And if there's a tie, go by bigness of the change. 

Wait, "bigness"? Am I turning into that orange guy? You know, this one:

otto_2_zpsevg7qsin.jpg

Because he has a lot of bigness for an orange.

Jesus Christ. By definition, there isn’t a “most lateral”. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I literally LOL'd at this 

7 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Most lateral. And if there's a tie, go by bigness of the change. 

Wait, "bigness"? Am I turning into that orange guy? You know, this one:

otto_2_zpsevg7qsin.jpg

Because he has a lot of bigness for an orange.

After a hearty chuckle at this

7 hours ago, M4One said:

The Leafs

620-phaneuf-thumb-620xauto-343263.jpg

2bf6a896511a87fdf3af93a601020838

The Logo was a huge upgrade. But I can’t get over the mismatching stripes. 

Just pick one of the other. The pant stripe was a good touch tho.

14o81a1.jpg9qgwba.jpg

3 hours ago, DeFrank said:

Burgundy pants, white pants, burgundy jerseys, white jerseys, white socks. I feel like you knew that though?

What are you even talking about?! I dunno if I’d call this a striping pattern as much as I’d call it a double outline on the sleeves at this point.2173a_lg.jpeg

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I wear an extra medium T-shirt.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1 hour ago, Brown1 said:

What are you even talking about?! I dunno if I’d call this a striping pattern as much as I’d call it a double outline on the sleeves at this point.2173a_lg.jpeg

It's both. On some jerseys, the striping pattern is still clearly shown as intended. 

Image result for kirk cousins redskins 2017

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

10 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

For Pete's sake. Which major aesthetic change moved the needle the least in either "better" or "worse" direction, in your opinion?

15 hours ago, the admiral said:

How is one lateral move bigger than another?

It's more lateral. Duh.

The biggest possible lateral move would be the uniform equivalent of Frank Wycheck's throw to Kevin Dyson, where people could argue about it for 20 years.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

5 minutes ago, whitedawg22 said:

It's more lateral. Duh.

The biggest possible lateral move would be the uniform equivalent of Frank Wycheck's throw to Kevin Dyson, where people could argue about it for 20 years.

Finally someone gets it. One million "Whose Line" points to you, sir or madam. 

Archived