Uniform/jersey misunderstandings

smzimbabwe

11 minutes ago, whitedawg22 said:

I have this Williams College warmup shirt, and about 95% of the time people think I'm supporting the University of Washington. I usually don't want to explain that the font for the "W" is different (Washington's W is on the right).

l_m53181purple.jpg9695e87d-5a2e-42e2-baac-02ac05899c0d_667

I feel your pain. I would wonder how much explanation I could give before the other person called me a nerd and broke my...well, I've never worn glasses, but I'm sure they could find something else to break.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^

How into the NHL can he be if he thinks that's the Dallas Stars?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

14 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

^^

How into the NHL can he be if he thinks that's the Dallas Stars?

This is a fair point.  "Not much" would be accurate, and that amount > amount into collegiate derivatives of MLB hat styles.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

5 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

Every time I wear this hat - in LOS ANGELES no less - people think it’s a Red Sox fashion cap.ff_2372409_full.jpg&w=600

2 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Man I have to say I'd make the same mistake. What are the chances a Brooklyn Dodgers cap would be made into an incorrectly colored fashion cap in the present day? 

This, my friend, is a UCLA Bruins hat

10 hours ago, Bradbury said:

About 4 years ago, I wore a navy Predators t-shirt on a trip to Arkansas. The logo was mistaken for LSU, Mizzou & the Jacksonville Jaguars all in the same day.

Weird. Only responses I’ve gotten were a co-worker asking, “what is that?” and a waitress who was disappointed that I wasn’t actually from Nashville. 

It makes me wonder what people that don't follow sports think about some of the stuff I wear.  I have a BiG hat an an early 1990s Orioles standing bird hat.  Some people must just think those are weird.  I also have a zip up sweatshirt that says "WILD" and has the scenery bear just below the "D."  Honestly, I doubt there are too many people in Minnesota who would not get that, but if I ever wear it out of town, some people would probably think it's pretty weird.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

Was at the playground with my girlfriend and kids when a little boy around 8-10 struck up a conversation about the Flash, seemingly out of nowhere. Made more sense when we got to the pool and I took off my Lightning cap. Had a good 'aha' moment. 

3 hours ago, whitedawg22 said:

I have this Williams College warmup shirt, and about 95% of the time people think I'm supporting the University of Washington. I usually don't want to explain that the font for the "W" is different (Washington's W is on the right).

l_m53181purple.jpg9695e87d-5a2e-42e2-baac-02ac05899c0d_667

I often have the same problem with Cornell and Colgate. I'll only by a stand-alone "C" Colgate item if it's super dark maroon or a retro-styled C. Thankfully, Colgate usually does the C-'gate thing and it works out. 

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

21 minutes ago, twi said:

Was at the playground with my girlfriend and kids when a little boy around 8-10 struck up a conversation about the Flash, seemingly out of nowhere. Made more sense when we got to the pool and I took off my Lightning cap. Had a good 'aha' moment. 

Hell, that happens to me when they get it right.  I could be walking downtown and someone will say "go Badgers" and I'll be confused for a second and then remember that I'm wearing a hat.

POTD (Shared)

in 2007 me and some buddies went to Philly and Shea Stadium to see Mike Bacsik and the rest of the mighty Nats.

In NYC a dude either asking for money or plugging a comedy club (i can't remember which) asked if the curly-w was for Wisconsin.  His next guess was West Virginia.  We then explained it was the Nats and I don't think he knew who they were.

90758391980.gif

5 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Common uniform misunderstanding... that the Miami Marlins logo is a rainbow. It's missing over 50% of the colors of the rainbow. It's colorful yes... it's not a rainbow. 

It would be much better if it did have orange and green.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I've had numerous people in Tennessee mistake my block C Indians hat for a Chicago Cubs hat. The worst part is many of them were Cubs fans and it was right after the World Series. I have the same issue when I wear Chief Wahoo sometimes with people thinking it is the Braves. 

When I lived in Ohio one of my favorite hats was the South Carolina Gamecocks hat with the interlocking SC logo and it said "USC" on the back. Got mistaken for a Southern Cal fan numerous times. 

T1oYViW.png

8 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Common uniform misunderstanding... that the Miami Marlins logo is a rainbow. It's missing over 50% of the colors of the rainbow. It's colorful yes... it's not a rainbow. 

But it has white, which is a combination of all the colors.. So that counts, right?

2 hours ago, selby56 said:

I've had numerous people in Tennessee mistake my block C Indians hat for a Chicago Cubs hat. The worst part is many of them were Cubs fans and it was right after the World Series. I have the same issue when I wear Chief Wahoo sometimes with people thinking it is the Braves. 

When I lived in Ohio one of my favorite hats was the South Carolina Gamecocks hat with the interlocking SC logo and it said "USC" on the back. Got mistaken for a Southern Cal fan numerous times. 

During that Cubs/Indians World Series I was wearing a Blackhawks hat one day and someone got mad at me thinking it was a Cleveland hat.

I lived for a few years just outside of Clemson, SC. Clemson isn't far from the Georgia border, and on more than a few occasions, I had people either compliment me or make a snide remark about my UGA hat.

This is the hat I would've been wearing:

33445__82996.1402428039.jpg?c=2&imbypass=on

Uhh... do you know letters?

I also nearly got into an altercation at a Cook Out in Clemson because I made the mistake of wearing a 49ers hat and Winthrop jacket on the day Clemson was hosting Florida State. I turned around, showed them the Winthrop logo, and they felt silly. I won.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

my friend's GF dressed their little baby daughter in a pink Mets winter hat, thinking it was a Yankees cap.  When I pointed out the difference, she didn't get it because to her, the interlocking NY was for Yankees regardless of variations.  That's actually what a lot of non-US-baseball fans think.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived