Tampa Bay Lightning Ban Bruins Gear In Some Sections

Tampa Bay Lightning Ban Bruins Gear In Some Sections

May 1, 2018 - 21:34 PM

Ah, sporting events. Where fans from both sides can sit together, perhaps a little gentle ribbing along the way, enjoy a game, and part with newfound respect for the otherside. Except not in Tampa. Nope. That would be bad. We […]

Read More...

Lame.  They have enough fans to not be concerned with this.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Yeah, pretty dumb honestly. Obviously ownership just doing it to inflate their own egos. 

I feel bad for the Bruins fans going who don't know about this.

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

As much as I hate the Bruins, a situation like this makes me wish they win this thing... The Lightning organization are acting like absolute douchebags once again. This is an absolute no-no for pro sports teams considering the ridiculous amounts people are investing in their businesses these days whether they're fans of the home team or not...

19 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

As much as I hate the Bruins, a situation like this makes me wish they win this thing... The Lightning organization are acting like absolute douchebags once again. This is an absolute no-no for pro sports teams considering the ridiculous amounts people are investing in their businesses these days whether they're fans of the home team or not...

Agreed. And it makes me wish Toronto had managed to sneak past Boston even more than I already did.

"Don't wear Maple Leafs jerseys in these sections." Ok. How are you gonna know? :D

18 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Agreed. And it makes me wish Toronto had managed to sneak past Boston even more than I already did.

"Don't wear Maple Leafs jerseys in these sections." Ok. How are you gonna know? :D

Hell yeah! I'd make sure they knew though and I'd throw a heck of a tantrum if they really tried to apply their joke of a policy. It's not like Boston fans got free tickets anyway, this is a second round matchup that most people can't even afford to attend, they totally deserve to root for their team if they wish and I'm sure that their "fans" owning season tickets are pretty happy to cash in on Stubhub and such. We're not talking about someone talking :censored: about the government in a totalitarian country, we're talking about people rooting for their favorite team at a sporting event in the US. This is a :censored:ing joke.

"Excuse me, sir."

'Can I help ya?'

"Umm... I hate to tell you this but, you're sitting in the Chase Lounge, brought to you by Chase Bank, and, well the rules explicitly state that no merchandise representing the visiting team may be worn in this area, so I'm sorry but I'm going to have to take your hat and jersey. You may pick them up after the game at the Del Taco Confiscation Zone."

'You gotta be kiddin' me, why?'

"Well, to improve the atmosphere of the game for our Lightning and our fans, only Tampa Bay hockey merchandise are permitted here. I'm going to need those items."

'Umm, okay... I guess, heah and heah. Can I, please, get back to the game now?'

"Ohp, Is that a Boston Bruins undershirt? I'm sorry I... I kinda need to take that too."

'Yah really stahtin' to piss me off buddy, but whatevah, *takes off shirt*, heah. Now go. I wanna watch.'

"Of course sir thank you so much for your coope...ration. Umm, okay this is awkward, but I just noticed those pants you're wearing, are those Bruins pajama pants?"

'Ya, of course. Wait, naw, come on, listen man, the AC's freakin' crankin' in heah, I'm already shirtless, just let me watch the game now!'

"Sir..."

'Fine!!! Heah, take em'! You want my freakin' first bawn son too?! Geez! Now leave me alone!'

"Sir. Your... your boxers please tell me those... tell me those aren't Bruins boxers. Please."

'Mmhm. Hold on. *takes off boxers* Heah. This never happened. Go.'

"Yep."

And that's the story of how Tommy got to watch a hockey game without any inhibition. Tommy beat the system. Tommy also got a coupon for a free upgrade to deluxe nachos for his inconvenience. Tommy wins.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

Hold on this is discrimination to a point, seriously it’s saying cause your a different color you can’t sit here....did we just like go back to segregation? If I had the money I’d buy up all the tickets and then not show up or just have all bruins fans, and I doubt they be able to do much, to make a point. Let me be clear too that I’d be saying this if any team did this, not just the fact I’m a bruins fan. 

1 hour ago, lilben777 said:

Hold on this is discrimination to a point, seriously it’s saying cause your a different color you can’t sit here....did we just like go back to segregation? If I had the money I’d buy up all the tickets and then not show up or just have all bruins fans, and I doubt they be able to do much, to make a point. Let me be clear too that I’d be saying this if any team did this, not just the fact I’m a bruins fan. 

Just because you can go to 11 doesn't mean you should.

Seriously the areas this restriction is focusing on is no more than maybe 5% of the available seats in the arena, and are the highest of high end areas in the arena.  

I personally don't care who you cheer for at a game (as long as you dont make a jackass out of yourself) and I dont really agree with it, but this is clearly blown a little out or proportion.

Usually I'm pretty respectful as an away team fan at a game. You gotta know your place. But if the team made me remove my jersey, Id probably go out of my way to be obnoxious when my team scores lol

I hope this leads to many many conflicts between the Bruins fans and whoever tells them to move their seats. This is going to needlessly incite anger amongst the Bruins fans and the only way to show the Lightning how wrong this is is to have the police called in for multiple angry Bruins fans. I'm a peaceful person and hate confrontation but they're asking for conflict so they need to be given conflict so they can feel stupid for trying this. 

1 hour ago, ChicagoOakland said:

Comparing racial injustice to goddamn hockey might be a biiiiiiit of a reach.

(Also, it's kind of insulting...I can't exactly take off my black skin when asked.)

Yea your right was not trying to offend anybody, just a person that believes in equality so  I hate seeing stuff like this. 

Archived