Tampa Bay Lightning Ban Bruins Gear In Some Sections

6 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

Seriously the areas this restriction is focusing on is no more than maybe 5% of the available seats in the arena, and are the highest of high end areas in the arena.  

I personally don't care who you cheer for at a game (as long as you dont make a jackass out of yourself) and I dont really agree with it, but this is clearly blown a little out or proportion.

Correct and yes this is getting way overblown.

17 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

May the TB Maple Wings NEVER win another Stanley Cup. 

Enjoy reminiscing about 2004.

Lol we will, at least we have something to reminisce about. Sorry but YOU went there.

13 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

Seriously the areas this restriction is focusing on is no more than maybe 5% of the available seats in the arena, and are the highest of high end areas in the arena.  

I personally don't care who you cheer for at a game (as long as you dont make a jackass out of yourself) and I dont really agree with it, but this is clearly blown a little out or proportion.

5% is already too much. They're not telling people not to wear t-shirts with "suck my :censored:ing dick Tampa" written on, they're telling customers (opposing team fans are customers too) not to wear totally acceptable stuff at an event where they'll spend nearly as much as a month of mortgage/rent. If my favorite team did something like this, I'd certainly find a way to let them know they're :censored:ing clowns...

If someone pays for two tickets, me and my friend will show up in bruins gear- I mean all of it. Jersey and goalie pads and helmet for myself. Make it against the glass behind the net and I’ll even mimic the Goalie. 

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

I don't like the policy Tampa Bay is using, and I also despise the policies of teams such as Nashville that restrict ticket purchases to limited geographical areas. However, people need to remember the words "revocable license" which apply to tickets to sporting events, and I as a consumer can choose not to give the owners of franchises who choose to go this route my money.

I took a marketing class in college where my professor tried to explain that when you watch a sport on TV, you are really watching a TV show about a sport... most of the class didn't get it. The game itself is surrounded by constant ads, merchandise, branding, etc... the NHL literally changed major rules 10 years ago to increase ratings.

In my opinion, a super rowdy & partisan home crowd is one of the best parts of the NHL playoff hockey "TV show." A team quarantining certain sections of the stands to manufacture a stronger experience makes total sense to me, especially in this era of season ticket holders selling tickets to away team fans online.

Archived