NCAA Custom Courts

GoldenEagleCountry

16 minutes ago, Coderedalert5 said:

can anyone help give feedback

Β 

Make sure you're spelling city names right, for one. "SAN FRANSICO"?

Β 

And maybe just stick with the Golden Gate Bridge on the court rather than the whole city skyline. The rest of SF's skyline isn't that recognizable.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, GoldenEagleCountry said:

St. Johns

St. Johns

Still trying to figure out how to take white out of logo's and get special font's from colleges onto my courts. See you all tomorrow!

What program are you using? If it's photoshop, you should use the background eraser. It will delete everything within a certain range that's equal to (or close to depending on the strength) whichever color you click on to delete. Or you could use the magic wand and delete, though that method probably won't give you as good of results.

XcryMwi.png

7 hours ago, HRC4 said:

What program are you using? If it's photoshop, you should use the background eraser. It will delete everything within a certain range that's equal to (or close to depending on the strength) whichever color you click on to delete. Or you could use the magic wand and delete, though that method probably won't give you as good of results.

I use photopea. Idk if it has a backround eraser but I will try it out! Thank you!

I've been watching this thread for a while now. Have some suggestions for you

Β 

• As has been mentioned before, use the official logos, wordmarks, and fonts when possible. There are plenty of resources for this. The mothership here is the best place to start. I know you can't save images directly from the site, but Google is a good friend as well. For fonts, try this thread. Not sure how well updated it is, but it's the best I've seen.
  • Design wise, most of your courts look awfully similar. Large midcourt logo, some color here and there, a freaking massive conference or secondary logo, and maybe a random sublimated feature. Pick something more unique for each school. Do some research and find what makes the schools special. Trees for Maine is certainly not that. And hard to be "deep" in the woods with just three trees.
  • Not every school puts their website and Twitter handle on the court. It's not necessary in real life and neither here. Plus, and more importantly, you'll never see a team, business, or entity that takes itself seriously put "www." on something like this. That's understood. And never needed when actually typing in the URL. And again, the font choice here really hurts.
  • You go so fast uploading these that you don't seem to want any feedback. There's 4 or 5 courts back-to-back here. That screams "I'm trying to finish all these by next Tuesday!" Seriously, think about what you want each of these to look like. And, if need be, explain your ideas. A design doesn't really mean much until there is thought put in to it.
  • You're also using an NBA court template.

You've gotten better, I will say that. I hope you'll take this to heart and continue to get better.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

Β 

ojNNazQ.jpg

7 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Β 

• As has been mentioned before, use the official logos, wordmarks, and fonts when possible. There are plenty of resources for this. The mothership here is the best place to start. I know you can't save images directly from the site, but Google is a good friend as well. For fonts, try this thread. Not sure how well updated it is, but it's the best I've seen.
  • Design wise, most of your courts look awfully similar. Large midcourt logo, some color here and there, a freaking massive conference or secondary logo, and maybe a random sublimated feature. Pick something more unique for each school. Do some research and find what makes the schools special. Trees for Maine is certainly not that. And hard to be "deep" in the woods with just three trees.
  • Not every school puts their website and Twitter handle on the court. It's not necessary in real life and neither here. Plus, and more importantly, you'll never see a team, business, or entity that takes itself seriously put "www." on something like this. That's understood. And never needed when actually typing in the URL. And again, the font choice here really hurts.
  • You go so fast uploading these that you don't seem to want any feedback. There's 4 or 5 courts back-to-back here. That screams "I'm trying to finish all these by next Tuesday!" Seriously, think about what you want each of these to look like. And, if need be, explain your ideas. A design doesn't really mean much until there is thought put in to it.

You've gotten better, I will say that. I hope you'll take this to heart and continue to get better.

This is good advice. There are some people that arrive on here and seem to not care. You aren't one of them, as it is clear you want to do good work. But you need to slow down and listen to what you are being advised to do.

You are showing promise and you have good ideas, but listen to Clint and others. I know Kodrinsky was very direct with his critique, but he knows courts better than anyone. If there is any knowledge to be gained, he has it.

TL,DR: Slow down. Read advice.

18 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Β 

Yeah, I have not been doing as good as I thought, in fact I feel as though my courts have been bland. Stony Brook going up soon, tried to incorporate these thoughts.

10 hours ago, dakotapalm said:

This is good advice. There are some people that arrive on here and seem to not care. You aren't one of them, as it is clear you want to do good work. But you need to slow down and listen to what you are being advised to do.

You are showing promise and you have good ideas, but listen to Clint and others. I know Kodrinsky was very direct with his critique, but he knows courts better than anyone. If there is any knowledge to be gained, he has it.

TL,DR: Slow down. Read advice.

Thank you. (Btw I do read the advice, I am just struggling with the template I use and type of computer

Archived