Seahawks old logo vs new logo

Dboi2001

16 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That's good point.  Its weird that sometimes teams use transparent vinyl for color and sometimes print the color.  I'm not sure how or why that decision is made.  The strangest case to me is the broncos printing navy for a navy helmet;

20588e_lg.jpeg

Hang on beat! Their decals aren't transparent?!?!?

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Oh I meant this color that was posted earlier:

plentyofcolour_emeraldpantone.jpg

30XdZit.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I don't know why people dislike the Hasselbeck-era 2-tone blue Seahawks.  For me that was the perfect uniform.  It had the hints of bright green, but the two blues worked so well together and just felt like Seattle (rainy, overcast day on the Sound).  The only problem I had was that they almost always went unitard instead of wearing the blue pants with the white jersey and the white pants with the blue jersey.  Had they done that I would rank that uniform as a Top 5 all time NFL uniform.  I really do not like the newer Seattle Nikehawks design with the oversized numbers, offset name on the bizarre shoulder/sleeve stripes, the overuse of the native feather pattern (pants is fine, but pants, plus numbers, plus helmet sticker, really???)    I did like the original silver, blue & green, so that with the newer logo would be fine, but for me the 2-blue uniform is still the best. 

rHXvw4G.jpg

I think every era of Seahawks uniforms has been good. 

I may think the 80's-90's version is the best (and one of my favorites of all time) but I also think that both designs which followed were really good. I think the mono-gunmetal blue was an underrated look because it avoided the leotard look by using navy socks. With the current design, I think what the Seahawks did with the connecting shoulder designs is the future of football design in that helps to counteract the effect of the sleeves basically disappearing. 

For example this look is one of the better ones in football today (they just don't wear it). 

pan6.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&w=594

On 5/2/2018 at 6:34 AM, BrandMooreArt said:

as much as i like the current colors, i think i'd actually like to split the difference— current blue + kelly green

lbHUIJG.jpg

There are two really good points to made here about how this relates to northwest art. One, the main formlines are always created with a dark color (usually black), so I think dark blue fits the bill better than royal blue here. Two, the art is never created as a dark on dark or light on light composition. It’s always built around perfect contrast of positive against negative. The blue hawk on blue helmet with white outline loses that, which is why I’ve always preferred the silver helmet. Going with a dark blue also allows you to lose the unnecessary white outline on a silver helmet.

I really like the potential of dark blue, emerald green, and a tiny, tiny amount of red. To me, that’s an ideal color scheme for any team whose identity is tied to northwest art.

20 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

The Blue Jays did more than handle the recoloring better. There's a strong argument to be made that the modernization of the lines was also better handled by the Blue Jays. 

jays-compare1.png

I find the line work on the Seahawks mark to be much more confident and engaging. An update was needed, but the new blue jay looks to me like it was streamlined and sharpened just because that was the thing to do. It kinda went the opposite direction of the seahawk; less stylized and more realistic. I actually prefer the old jay. I like the  stronger, more exaggerated forms and I wish they would have kept a little more of those in the update.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

36 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

There are two really good points to made here about how this relates to northwest art. One, the main formlines are always created with a dark color (usually black), so I think dark blue fits the bill better than royal blue here. Two, the art is never created as a dark on dark or light on light composition. It’s always built around perfect contrast of positive against negative. The blue hawk on blue helmet with white outline loses that, which is why I’ve always preferred the silver helmet. Going with a dark blue also allows you to lose the unnecessary white outline on a silver helmet.

Metallic silver:

2S0m9wL.png

Flat silver:

D9Bfls7.png

gJIMSmN.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

4 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Hang on beat! Their decals aren't transparent?!?!?

The more I look at the Broncos helmet, the more frustrating it is that the decals aren't transparent and don't show the metallic blue shell through the gaps in the Bronco. The helmet would look so much more fluid if only the orange and white parts were opaque.

5545880.jpg&c=sc&w=850&h=560

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

2 minutes ago, whitedawg22 said:

The more I look at the Broncos helmet, the more frustrating it is that the decals aren't transparent and don't show the metallic blue shell through the gaps in the Bronco. The helmet would look so much more fluid if only the orange and white parts were opaque.

5545880.jpg&c=sc&w=850&h=560

The best option would be die-cut like Clemson's paws

Archived