American Premier League

Section30

BtUp5mx.png

Hello everyone, about a year ago I decided to make a fictional soccer league from my home state of Minnesota. I had a lot of fun doing that and have decided to make a league with 20 teams all across the USA. The American Premier League was founded in 1960 and has teams all across the country, there are 2 conferences, east and west with 10 teams in each. For this series I tried to give some cities that don't have MLS teams a team, some markets are too big to leave out however. each team will have a home, away and third kit, home and away are related to the team and its identity while the third kits are more like a city or state uniform. The league has a deal with Nike to be the leagues manufacturer for kits until 2021, so all the teams are Nike. I look forward to this series and I hope you guys do too, feel free to discuss about the teams and what you'd like to see, without further adieu, lets get started!

The American Premier Leagues logo is heavily based on the logo I used for the Northstar Soccer League last year, it is a soccer ball with a star at the center and APL below. The leagues colors are red white and blue to match other leagues like the MLB and NBA.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our first team is also the oldest team in the league, Buffalo City FC was founded before the American Premier League was around and the Bison have the second most League Championships. Their colors are blue and yellow to match the colors of the old city of Buffalo Flag, they are most commonly know by a few names mainly the Bison and the Herd, but their rowdy supporters have earned themselves the nickname the Thunder, legend has it when they won their first championship the crowd was so loud it sounded like thunder miles away. Much like the Bills Mafia the fans are known for their pre-game tailgates and marching to the games, "Lets Go Buffalo!" chants are common place at any APL event, even if City isn't playing. They have one of the most historic rivalries in the league with the "New York Derby" with Inter New York. History, a loyal fan base, and years of being a premier team have made Buffalo City FC one of the proudest programs in the American Premier League.

Their logo is based on the shield from the old flag of Buffalo with a bison ready to charge in it.

Their kits are fairly simple, their home is a classic blue kit with a yellow band around the front. Their away kit is yellow with darker yellow horizontal lines and sleeves. And their third kit is all white to represent the crazy amounts of snow they get in Buffalo, it also features the Niagara Falls sublimated on the front of the jersey.

7xb3mcW.pngkNcThmu.png

27 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

Amazing start! The presentation is very professional looking, and the logos and jerseys are great. Really nothing to complain about. Any hints as to what cities will be getting teams? Looking forward to the rest!

Thank you, and as for hints I'll keep it a surprise ;)

Ok, so I did a couple to get this thread started so I'm just going to get them out of the way.

Up next we have the second oldest club in the American Premier League, Inter New York. The winningest club in the league with a whopping 14 championships they are located in the Borough of Queens but represent all 5 Boroughs. Founded by Italian immigrants, their identity is heavily influenced by Italy. Hated by most teams in the league they are comparable to the Yankees in baseball, they always are at the top of the tables and if they are in a rough patch they are able to buy the best players to be the best again. Though they have many rivalries their biggest by far are the "New York Derby" with Buffalo, the "Inter-Rover Battle" with Boston, and their cross nation rivalry with LA. Inters fans are known for bringing flares to games at both home and away, at home games the stadium lights are turned off as the teams come onto the pitch while fans light the stands with flares.

Inter's logo is an oval like what is commonly found in Serie A in Italy. The green white and red stripes in the logo are made to look like the Italian flag and there is an outline of the Empire State Building in the white. The year the team was founded is above the team name. On the top of the oval there is a crown meant to symbolize Queens, where the team is located.

Their home kit is a green base with a red and white vertical stripe, red pants and green socks, Inter's crown logo is on the front of the socks as well, they wear this every chance they get. Their away kit is a simple white base with alternating colored sleeves and socks meant to look like the Italian flag. Inters third kit is in the colors of the City of New York's flag with orange and blue, the silhouette of the Empire State Building if sublimated on the front of the jersey, the stripes on the logos are also recolored to the New York City flag colors.

pJTawIP.pngtu8deOm.png

Alright here's the last pre-done team.

Next up we have Boston Rovers FC. Founded the same year as the Premier League, they are one of the "original 4". Much like Inter New York, they were founded by a group of immigrants, this time by the large Irish population in the city. Despite being around for such a long time they have only won 5 league championships, the least of the original 4. Although they have a very Irish themed identity they have had very bad luck, often suffering heartbreaking losses in the playoffs or suffering injuries at inopportune times. Despite this, their fans are some of, if not the, most dedicated in the APL. Their supporters refer to themselves as the "Bean Town Bullies" which is fitting with their history of being... not very nice to visiting fans. Encounters with law enforcement are common place at Rovers matches, they are especially common when another original 4 team is in town. The Rovers have incredible support at away matches as well, almost always selling out the visitors section, their fans are rowdy and known for chanting "Rooooooooovers, Rooooooooovers" over the home teams chants and songs.

The Rovers logo is a roundel with Boston Rovers on top and the year they were founded on the bottom along with 2 old school soccer balls. In the middle there is a four leaf clover with a Celtic knot in it.

Their kits are fairly simple and haven't changed much at all in their history. Their home kit has a green jersey with white pants and green socks, the sleeves of the jersey and the socks have 5 white stripes to signify their 5 league titles, on the jock tag there is a little Irish flag with a small silver clover in the white. The away kit is all white with a green sash, it also has the jock tag. The Rovers third kit is an ode to the city of Boston's role in the revolutionary war, the jersey is a white base with red hoops and blue sleeves, the pants are blue, and the socks are white with red on the top.

zSICN86.pngR1IgkW8.png

Buffalo: home run, I really can't think of anything better.

New York: I see where you are going with this team, but I feel like the background of the oval is a tad plain with just the italian flag. I absolutely love the clash and alternate kits. Home is just pretty unusual and reminds me of a rugby club, but I'm not sure that is a bad thing ?.

Boston: in true Boston fashion they rock the shamrock! Really like it, simple yet effettive. And the alternate is what the New England Revolution should wear...

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

Here you have a fan! Fantastic ideas so far, I really liked that Buffalo high class team thing, kind of remind me to clubs in European industrial areas like North of England, Ruhr Valley or the North of Italy with a bunch of well known clubs in those regions.

Apart from that, imo Inter New York colours doesn't match very well with their italian heritage to be honest. They'd fit better in blue as the national team of Italy does in every sport they play, of course you can add the italian flag or even keep it in the logo but I just cannot see the colours at the uniform.

Carry on with the project because it does look amazing!! Looking forward to see what you have in mind for LA.

So for the people saying the New York kit isn't really something an Italian team would wear I realize that, I didn't want to just make them the Italian national team but I wanted them to be the colors of the flag itself. I'd be willing to redo New York's home kit if anyone has some ideas they'd like to see that aren't just making them like the national team by adding blue.

Philadelphia FC is the last of the "original four" American Premier League teams. Also founded in 1950 they have spent their entire existence in the league. Their colors are Claret and light blue and are known by that along with the nickname "the Bells" for the Liberty Bell in Philly. The Bells have some of the most unique and historic traditions in the league, from their entrance to their after goal tradition. When the teams are exiting the tunnel to get on the pitch the loud speakers blast Metallica's "For Whom the Bell Tolls" while the crowd jumps to the beat, it is one of the greatest sights in the league and it is referred to as "The Bell Bounce". Another great tradition Philadelphia FC has is after the Bells score, there is a life size replica of the Liberty Bell at the North-East Corner of the stadium that is rung however many times the Bells have scored in that game as the supporters yell the number each time it is rung (similar to the St. Louis Blues of the NHL). Philadelphia FC has some intense rivalries with the other original 4 teams as well as an intense rivalry with DCSC, but none are as heated as the "Pennsylvania Derby" between them and Pittsburgh.

Philadelphia's logo is a shield from the city flag, with the Liberty Bell inside. the crest also features the iconic hoops from the Bells home kit. The team name is also in the logo with FC being contained by the keystone symbol.

Their home kit is historic and has hardly changed as the years have progressed, a claret jersey with 3 blue hoops, blue pants, and striped claret socks it also has the keystone logo on the jock tag. Their away kit is a simple white jersey with blue and claret vertical stripes down the center, blue pants and white socks and it has the bell logo on the jock tag. Their third kit is all black and white, the black top has a sublimated snake skin pattern, this kit is meant to represent Benjamin Franklin's original "Join or Die" cartoon with the cut up snake during the American Revolution, this kit is rarely worn and is almost only worn on patriotic holidays or after disasters the logos on it are just the bell from the shield.

Ibzt1zk.pngByS3lad.png

I also updated to New York, I basically just simplified the home kit. Let me know what you think!

Archived