Sign in to follow this  
ECUFan25

LIU Brooklyn Redesign

Whilst I wait for comments on my soccer series, I took a shot at arguably the worst D-1 logo, the LIU-Brooklyn Blackbirds.LIU%2520Brooklyn%2520Blackbirds%2520N480

Yeah. Ew. The font is kinda meh, but the logo really sets it apart from all the others, and it looks like it was drawn by a 5-year-old in MS Paint. So what can we do to fix it?

I just razed the whole building and started over, at the removal of Brooklyn and making it just Long Island University, as a new era in the history of athletics (I realize Post Is there but does anyone really care about them?).

Second, The new logo is much different and draws some inspiration from the most recent upgrade of the UNC-Wilmington logo as well as the aptly-named Blackbird fighter jet. There is also a newer, cleaner font.

Third, I tried a new court, based on NYC herringbone subway tile in the apron. I tried sublimating the bridge in, but it wouldn't work that well.

I had uniforms, but just never liked the way they turned out, I may post later if something is figured out. I could also do other sports, a la baseball or hockey.

C&C appreciated!

UigHiXm.png

bQHMyoM.png

I like where it is going, the thing is I saw a mosquito head and now that's all I can see...

Yea, I definitely thought "insect" when I saw that logo.  I think making it less static might make it look more like a bird.

Turns out I accidentally exported it without saving it, may be a while before v2.

It's not a bad logo overall. It does NOT look like a bird though.