Teams that won a championship with their best uniform set

Ark

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every NCAAF title claimed by Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas, Penn State, Notre Dame, USC, Michigan or Alabama. 

?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

10 hours ago, NicDB said:

Every tweak the Packers have made since their Super Bowl I look has been a downgrade.

344156_5_.jpg

I’ll add to that - every tweak they’ve made to their Super Bowl II look has been a downgrade as well. 

football-super-bowl-ii-green-bay-packers

They got it so right at the beginning and have been chipping away at perfection ever since. 

I’d have to go with the Florida Marlins teal and black set. The pinstripes are classy and the Marlin ‘F’ looks amazing. Please Jeter go back to these full time and do away with the hideous neon orange and blue colors

alex.jpg

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I’ll add to that - every tweak they’ve made to their Super Bowl II look has been a downgrade as well. 

They got it so right at the beginning and have been chipping away at perfection ever since. 

Aren’t they basically the same?

12 hours ago, Ark said:

2015-16 Cavaliers

Nah, the Cavs' best set was their first one:

PattersonCle.jpg

If the 2010-18 Cavs set would've had side panels on the shorts like the 1970-74 jerseys they were loosely based off of did, it would've been the best in franchise history -- but the plain shorts really irked me.

6fQjS3M.png

18 hours ago, Bill81361 said:

I know this may not be popular, but they did win 3 Super Bowls in this uniform, and at least for sentimental reasons, it's my favorite.
51GZJF7rJML._SX463_.jpg

I think this basic design was much improved by darkening both the burgundy and gold. The color balance is much better.

Mark_Brunell_1.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

1 hour ago, Spiderman92 said:

Aren’t they basically the same?

Basically.   But lots of details were changed, and small details can still make a significant downgrade.

Basic rule of design - you don't put white stripes next to gold stripes.  It's a muddy mess.

28 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Basically.   But lots of details were changed, and small details can still make a significant downgrade.

Basic rule of design - you don't put white stripes next to gold stripes.  It's a muddy mess.

But the sleeves and socks on these did just that. The pattern is yellow-thin green-white-thin green-yellow repeat. Their current uniforms have a green stripe in between the yellow and white 

you can’t just slap these jerseys on a modern Nike template it wouldn’t work most players wear short sleeves so the quad-stripes would be cut off for 90 percent of players even more so if you move the numbers back to the side. It’s meant to mimick their helmet stripe. Their current set also keeps the consistency

2 minutes ago, Spiderman92 said:

But the sleeves and socks on these did just that. The pattern is yellow-thin green-white-thin green-yellow repeat. Their current uniforms have a green stripe in between the yellow and white 

you can’t just slap these jerseys on a modern Nike template it wouldn’t work most players wear short sleeves so the quad-stripes would be cut off for 90 percent of players even more so if you move the numbers back to the side. It’s meant to mimick their helmet stripe. Their current set also keeps the consistency

Maybe you could get that striping to work if you put it on the base layer.  Such as with this BC throwback.

usa-today-8943064.0.jpg

Meant to mimic this ...

11_23.1_1984.jpg

Though more players went without the base layer stripes, than with.

chin112115NotreDame-BC_spt20.jpg

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Saints did not win a championship in their "best ever" uniform set, which was their inaugural / early one:

b950cc6cf53fec433d71e01266474d58.jpg

But at least they won the Super Bowl with this:

5b6d9a6580f94228841a30c8dccaa367.jpg?ito

and not this or this:

no-01-11-whiteblack-toddkirkland-vert-622e3x2qx.jpg

It is what it is.

2 minutes ago, VandyDelphia Mike said:

Maybe you could get that striping to work if you put it on the base layer.  Such as with this BC throwback.

usa-today-8943064.0.jpg

Meant to mimic this ...

11_23.1_1984.jpg

Though more players went without the base layer stripes, than with.

chin112115NotreDame-BC_spt20.jpg

Yeah I’m not sure about that. Not everyone wears the long sleeve under shirts plus it’ll look kind of silly on players with long sleeves (Aaron Rodgers) having the sleeve number overlap the stripping imo. Plus the nfl probably has rules against undershirt patterns for uniforms  

3 minutes ago, B-Rich said:

Saints did not win a championship in their "best ever" uniform set, which was their inaugural / early one:

b950cc6cf53fec433d71e01266474d58.jpg

But at least they won the Super Bowl with this:

5b6d9a6580f94228841a30c8dccaa367.jpg?ito

and not this or this:

no-01-11-whiteblack-toddkirkland-vert-622e3x2qx.jpg

What’s wrong with the bottom ones?

40 minutes ago, Spiderman92 said:

072915_fsf_nfl_Cameron-Wake-in-Dolphins-

pounceyagain.jpg?w=640&h=360

Case rested.

28 minutes ago, Spiderman92 said:

What’s wrong with the bottom ones?

Can't speak for others, but I hate stripeless pants. They almost never work IMO. And black stripeless pants are among the worst. Saints in an all-black monochrome look is just plain ugly, whereas white on black removes any sort of identity from a distance and create a very generic looking team.

Meanwhile, their gold pants are awesome and underused.

7 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

072915_fsf_nfl_Cameron-Wake-in-Dolphins-

pounceyagain.jpg?w=640&h=360

Case rested.

Yeah because they moved the numbers up and made the stripes smaller. Try fitting the numbers and stripes on the side. The Redskins uniforms almost never feature their sleeve stripes because most players sleeves are too short. Regardless the packers haven’t changed at all besides making the facemask green and slightly altering the white to be more consistent so I don’t get the concern

4 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

usatsi_8327589.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

fcbc941773e743703fff10b1734a3640_crop_ex

So close, but I think we look slightly better with white TV numbers, like Archie and Eddie wore. Was very glad to have won with those sleeve stripes though, and a lot of our modern adjustments (striping size, the Buckeye leaves) have been good.

college-football-ohio-state-archie-griff

We looked perfect beating Bama in the Sugar Bowl that year. 

217a57740f2d52c8536cf0c5f024c783_crop_no

Even small details, like the Block O on the chest rather than the full primary logo, and wearing 7 buckeye leaves on the back neck for our championships, rather than the word "Buckeyes." So good.

Archived