Teams that won a championship with their best uniform set

Ark

18 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

I understand it's not a huge difference but the Steelers change in number font (98 I believe) downgraded them a bit. They looked the best here

6_4437286.jpg

Harris_Franco_Team_Action.jpg

The number font change (to Futura Bold Condensed to match the helmets) took place in 1997.

UBwef0L.png

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Ark said:

I prefer the other one because it has the horse logo

rasheed-wallace-and-ben-wallace-of-the-d

Fair enough. I can see how the horse logo gives it a bit more personality

Like the NBA finals patch here. Classy and visible but doesn't overpower any element of the uniform. I really dislike how in college football the bowl patches are starting to be an eyesore. Pistons had the NBA and Finals patch here and neither of them overwhelm things. But the below is too much. Not that it spoiled the matchup of beautiful uni's but it was so unnecessary 

Jonathan-Allen-Kevin-C.-Cox-Getty-Images

On 5/10/2018 at 10:11 AM, grahamkp said:

1970's Cincinnati Reds. Doesn't hurt that the Big Red Machine was one of the greatest teams of all time and won back to back World Series. A classic look that they should adapt to the modern button down jerseys and bring back.

Image result for 1975 cincinnati reds

Image result for 1970's cincinnati reds

What about the 1990 Reds road uni?

1990.jpg

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

Loved these. Hoping for a return.

M_Faulk_000130_1_jpg_gallery_600.jpg

Oh yes. Just make the helmet the same shade of blue used on the jerseys (or vice-versa), and (unpopular opinion time) make the home/dark look yellow-over-white.

On 5/6/2018 at 8:44 PM, Ark said:

2015-16 Cavaliers

lebron5.jpg

lebron-james-gambled-on-his-future-and-i

lebron-home-page.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

maxresdefault.jpg

On 5/26/2018 at 7:37 PM, colortv said:

I love this Cavs uni, which doesn't seem to get much notice:

LeBron-James.jpg

LeBron-James-Cleveland-Cavaliers-jersey-

I disagree with both of ya - I think their best look was 2003-10. Wish they had won a championship with those - or at least won a game in the Finals.

On 5/14/2018 at 8:48 PM, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Fair enough. I can see how the horse logo gives it a bit more personality

Like the NBA finals patch here. Classy and visible but doesn't overpower any element of the uniform. I really dislike how in college football the bowl patches are starting to be an eyesore. Pistons had the NBA and Finals patch here and neither of them overwhelm things. But the below is too much. Not that it spoiled the matchup of beautiful uni's but it was so unnecessary 

Jonathan-Allen-Kevin-C.-Cox-Getty-Images

This is actually a lot less garish than what teams used to wear for bowl games in the 80s and 90s.

GettyImages-1781690.0.jpg

On 5/17/2018 at 4:55 PM, slats7 said:

Dallas 1977. One of the few times the pants actually matched the metallic blue patina of the helmets.

vlcsnap-2017-01-18-13h09m12s983.png

s-l1600_62.jpg

It's strange, and l agree with you that this is a superior look, but this looks odd in a way? Have l just gotten so used to those aqua green pants?

On 5/6/2018 at 6:44 PM, Ark said:

2015-16 Cavaliers

lebron-james-gambled-on-his-future-and-i

lebron-home-page.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Why, oh why, couldn't they have lifted the trophy in either one of these fantastic uniforms.  If they had, they wouldn't have needed to ruin their identity with Black.  My preference goes to the wine version but that navy uniform looks great too.  And what the hell were they thinking with their new uniform set.  The bevelling on the word-marks is just awful.

I think the current primaries are the Sixers best uniforms, so I have to disagree with that one.  The red never looked good to me.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I think the current primaries are the Sixers best uniforms, so I have to disagree with that one.  The red never looked good to me.

I gotta agree. There’s the whole “redcoats” issue, what with red being the uniform color of the real “Seventy-Sixers’” enemies, the British Army. It’s the same problem the Patriots had for so long.

Archived