The Renewal: Charleston Harbor State University

MR. 3G

I was inspired initially by the NCFA and later “The History of a Fictional Football League” by @Veras. I really wanted to bring this back and do more regarding it. I started this concept on here in 2013 and never completed it. I’ve came up with numerous ideas, past and present, and this by far is my favorite.

The original logo was a dingbat, and was outlined and shaded by a member on this site back when you could make request (Can’t remember the person’s username). I’ll only be doing identities for the 3 main sports; Basketball, Football, and Baseball.

"History"

Charleston Harbor State University was co-founded by Charles Hallandale and former Governor Barnabas Kelet Hanagan. Hallandale assumed role as advisor Lieutenant Governor to Barnabas Kelet Hanagan when Hanagan became Governor due to the death of Patrick Noble on April 7, 1840. Hallandale, a Yale graduate, was a prominent lawyer in the area prior being appointed to the Lieutenant Governor position. Hanagan's term as governor lasted less than a year. The following year, Hallandale, with the help of Hanagan laid the groundwork on what would become Charleston Harbor State University.  Hanagan would return to public service in 1844 when he was reelected to the state Senate he’d serve as Secretary of State from 1846 to 1850. Hallandale would remain Chancellor.

Located off the Charleston Harbor, the name "Stevedores" was adopted in homage to the hardworking individuals working the harbor docks.

Campus_for_SL_CC.png

Founded 1841

retry_stevedores_wm.png

School_Colors.png

Colonial Blue and Red are reflective of the Revolutionary War (Red and Blue Coats). Ocean Blue is connected to the Charleston Harbor, and the rarely used "Hunley Rust" was adopted in 1996, a year after the Civil War submarine was found in the harbor.

IFC_HARDBALL_ABC_full_SL_CC.png

IFC_HARDBALLnums_for_SL_CC.png

1st posted sport will be basketball...

There's something slightly off about the mouth too. The way it meets the nose and the beard, it looks like he's doing duck lips.

XcryMwi.png

1 minute ago, HRC4 said:

There's something slightly off about the mouth too. The way it meets the nose and the beard, it looks like he's doing duck lips.

Yea, the logo was a font dingbat that I colored and someone (can't remember who) on here shaded for shadowed for me. Unfortunately, I'm not great with that stuff. I doubt the main logo will ever change due to that. The wordmark, and jerseys that'll be posted I'll definitely work to fix.

retry_stevedores_wm.png

Ok, replaced the old anchor with a new one and changed the spacing. Does it look better?

Trying to work on a primary, which will not likely happen. Here's what I have though...

Original

A_STEVEDORE_AT_THE_TEL_AVIV_PORT_D403_03

A_STEVEDORE_AT.png

Basketball...

Arena: The Henagan Assembly Center or "The HAC" as it's known to many, is the home of Stevedores Basketball! You can hear the chants of "Go Stevies" resonate throughout the venue.

HAC_arena.png

stevies_court_2.png

Stevedores_b_ball.png

Stevedores_b_ball_Away.png

Stadium: “C.C Pinckney Stadium”...  Named after the Charleston, SC born Revolutionary War veteran, and delegate to the Constitutional Convention. A portion of the Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge can be seen just over the south end-zone. There's nothing like Saturday's at the "Pinc"!

stadium_SL_CC.png

Stevies_Football_Field_1.png

CHSU_jersey_template_fb_1.png

CHSU_jersey_fb_away.png

Night Game All Blue...

CHSU_jersey_template_fb_1_ALL_BLue.png

Archived