2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

Schedule is out, draft is in the books and the uniform changes are out so might as well get this post up on the board.

Remember any combos posted during the course of this thread prior to the game taking place or posted prior to any announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed. Please give me around 24 hours from the completion of the game to make any corrections as I am normally not at a computer to make changes during the game itself.

2018 Hall Of Fame Game
Bears @ Ravens
nNcELro.jpgzZpjZhi.jpg

Preseason Week 1

Preseason Week 2

Preseason Week 3

Preseason Week 4

Regular Season Week 1

Regular Season Week 2
Regular Season Week 3
Regular Season Week 4

Regular Season Week 5

Regular Season Week 6

Regular Season Week 7

Regular Season Week 8

Regular Season Week 9

Regular Season Week 10

Regular Season Week 11

Regular Season Week 12

Regular Season Week 13

Regular Season Week 14

Regular Season Week 15

Regular Season Week 16

Regular Season Week 17

Post Season Wild Card Round

Post Season Divisional Round

Post Season Championship Round

Pro Bowl and Super Bowl LIII

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Though the Hall of Fame game between the Bears and the Ravens is still a month and a half away, I thought I'd take the initiative to fire up the uniform match-up combos thread for the upcoming 2018 season.

For starters, we have two confirmations:

BRONCOS: Orange color rush vs. the Steelers in Week 12, alternate navy blue vs. the Chiefs & Browns in Weeks 4 & 15, respectively. It is unknown as to whether the Broncos will wear the navy or the white pants with the navy jerseys (for the KC & CLE games). https://www.9news.com/article/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/broncos-color-rush-uniforms-coming-home-vs-steelers/73-561375123

STEELERS: Black color rush vs. the Panthers in Week 10. https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2018/04/20/steelers-to-wear-color-rush-uniforms-november-8-versus-panthers/

15 hours ago, dherrera_96 said:

Though the Hall of Fame game between the Bears and the Ravens is still a month and a half away, I thought I'd take the initiative to fire up the uniform match-up combos thread for the upcoming 2018 season.

For starters, we have two confirmations:

BRONCOS: Orange color rush vs. the Steelers in Week 12, alternate navy blue vs. the Chiefs & Browns in Weeks 4 & 15, respectively. It is unknown as to whether the Broncos will wear the navy or the white pants with the navy jerseys (for the KC & CLE games). https://www.9news.com/article/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/broncos-color-rush-uniforms-coming-home-vs-steelers/73-561375123

STEELERS: Black color rush vs. the Panthers in Week 10. https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2018/04/20/steelers-to-wear-color-rush-uniforms-november-8-versus-panthers/

On the Broncos wearing their navy alts, I would guess that they would wear white pants in week 4 and navy ones in week 15.  If the Steelers are doing the Color Rush thing, I wonder if the Panthers will counter with their Carolina Blue set, or just go with their regular white-over-white combo.

On 6/18/2018 at 1:43 PM, dherrera_96 said:

Since they are wearing them in Miami, are they mimicking teams like the Titans and Panthers who wear lighter-colored alternates instead of their primary ones in stadia where the home team is wearing white to cope with the heat.

Looks like one of the Broncos navy games come in their first December game. Ever since Denver started wearing them two times since 2015.

Do teams not have to wear a monochrome combination for Thursday night games now? Is it back to being whatever that team wants to wear?

On the subject of cleats, are teams not restricted to one shoe color anymore? 

7 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Looks like one of the Broncos navy games come in their first December game. Ever since Denver started wearing them two times since 2015.

Do teams not have to wear a monochrome combination for Thursday night games now? Is it back to being whatever that team wants to wear?

On the subject of cleats, are teams not restricted to one shoe color anymore? 

Yes color rush is no longer required for Thursday Night Football, instead teams can wear them for 1 game when ever they choose

I find it rather awkward for a team to debut their alternate jerseys (that have not been worn since 2011) on the road and make their fans wait until mid November. Is orange really gonna make that much of a difference over navy? I'm glad they chose the Vikings as an opponent, but it would've been cool to see them wear them at home vs. NE Week 7 or the following week vs. NYJ. Either way, these jerseys are better than those lackluster throwbacks.

I'm curious to see how teams approach the color rush situation. I'm glad this new rule basically eliminates teams from having to wear pointless all white uniforms on Thursday nights, but I'm worried teams are gonna start ruining good looking matchups on Sundays by randomly breaking out their color rush unis.

Archived