2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/8/2019 at 3:29 PM, DouglasQuaid said:

I agree it was a great look last year. They need to incorporate red more.

9754945-lamar-miller-nfl-jacksonville-ja

Red over Navy I didn't like it much as I though I would. Now the inverse I would mind seeing. 

2 hours ago, WBeltz said:

I think the Texans should switch to R/W for home, and W/R on the road. The AFC South is so heavy on blue/dark colors that red would be a much better and give more diversity to that division.

Damn straight. 

1 hour ago, Htown1141 said:

OR....

Texans in columbia and red, with the titans (yes lowercase) in navy and like bronze or something

1 hour ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

Sadly the Texans will never wear luv ya blue. Their identity is based on the state flag so dropping navy just won't happen

58 minutes ago, Htown1141 said:

let a man dream!

Columbia wouldn't be bad, not mention would link the two Houston teams together.

11 hours ago, WBeltz said:

The AFC South is so heavy on blue/dark colors that red would be a much better and give more diversity to that division.

As I have said before, this can be solved with the Jaguars in teal as their home primary and the Titans in Columbia as their home primary.

What if the Texans wore red jerseys/white pants/navy blue socks? I think that would be a perfect yet distinctive home uniform. Can someone post a mock up image of that combo? 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

30 minutes ago, burgundy said:

NFL teams: Dark colors are cool and proffessional looking.

Also NFL teams: Dark colors make us too hot so let's wear all white for half our home games.

Most accurate thing I've ever read 10/10

Jaguars, Titans, Panthers come to mind

Forgive me if this is already been reported, but all videos I've seen of Rams practice this week has them in the navy helmets and gold decals, which likely mens theyre going with the throwbacks. Thank you NFL for not being bums about it.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

22 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

Forgive me if this is already been reported, but all videos I've seen of Rams practice this week has them in the navy helmets and gold decals, which likely mens theyre going with the throwbacks. Thank you NFL for not being bums about it.

It's already been discussed. That is their official home uniform.

1 hour ago, flyersfan said:

I feel this has been stated atleast 4 times just since the playoffs started, and has been reported as such ever since the preseason. The rams throwbacks are now their home uniforms, the old navy homes are now not worn by the team and never will be again. 

15 hours ago, WBeltz said:

I think the Texans should switch to R/W for home, and W/R on the road. The AFC South is so heavy on blue/dark colors that red would be a much better and give more diversity to that division.

Also to top it off, theyd counter the Cowboys being blue-primary and the Texans could be red-primary

4 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Philly's offense seems to be practicing in green jerseys for what it's worth. And the Saints' Instagram gives the option of all black or Color Rush with CR at 53%. Not sure who decided they can only wear mono...

Don’t look into Instagram accounts, they can’t wear color rush unless they got a waiver from the league, before the playoffs even started.

50 minutes ago, VikWings said:

The design decisions themselves come from the Owner/GM/President.

Which make me wonder what plan Brian Gaines and Cal McNair have if any. 

11 hours ago, Chawls said:

What if the Texans wore red jerseys/white pants/navy blue socks? I think that would be a perfect yet distinctive home uniform. Can someone post a mock up image of that combo? 

Clowney actually modeled this look in a photoshoot. (Thank you web archive.org)

T3Rej3k.png

6 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

Also to top it off, theyd counter the Cowboys being blue-primary and the Texans could be red-primary

Red vs blue game. Used the 96 silver pants which matched the helmets.

V3rKUnV.jpg

7 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Philly's offense seems to be practicing in green jerseys for what it's worth. And the Saints' Instagram gives the option of all black or Color Rush with CR at 53%. Not sure who decided they can only wear mono...

The Super Bowl CHampion Philadelphia Eagles' offense always practices in green.  Their defense in white.  Means nothing.

1 hour ago, VikWings said:

Coaches have say in what combinations are worn on the field but that's about it. 

The design decisions themselves come from the Owner/GM/President.

Coaches do have some say in college though.

COaches don't even really have say in what's worn on field.  Those decisions are made before the season and submitted to the league.  Only if the home team requests and the visitors approve can they be changed.  Sean Payton lost a bet to Doug Pederson and the payment was to allow the SBCPE to wear green in NO.  That all happened in the offseason and was submitted well before any deadline.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived