2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

5 minutes ago, Mitch B said:

The Rams' navy helmets stick out like sore thumbs against their royal blue with today's HD TVs.

I'll take their color rush uniforms to these any day.

As does those Cowboys pants

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, s3ahawkz said:

How would you guys feel about color v color games becoming a thing other than color rush? I personally would've loved to see the Chiefs vs Colts with both teams in their home uniforms and tomorrow Patriots in their home uniforms and chargers in powder blue (if the league would allow it)

They should at least do it for primetime games with regard for color blindness.

3 hours ago, Mitch B said:

The Rams' navy helmets stick out like sore thumbs against their royal blue with today's HD TVs.

I'll take their color rush uniforms to these any day.

I know the navy Rams helmet is the traditional color but I wonder how it would look slightly lighter - like the Giants blue.

The Giants used to have the same issue of the helmet navy blue not matching the blue jerseys until they brought back the NY helmet with a lighter metallic blue color in 2000.

3 hours ago, primonito said:

I know the navy Rams helmet is the traditional color but I wonder how it would look slightly lighter - like the Giants blue.

The Giants used to have the same issue of the helmet navy blue not matching the blue jerseys until they brought back the NY helmet with a lighter metallic blue color in 2000.

Yeah, it has been discussed here plenty of times. Some people feel the current royal blue would look too bright on the helmet, and the Rams should find a median. Some, including myself, feel the current blue is perfect and will look great under that Cali sun. I would assume the Rams will correct this with the new uniforms regardless. Angelo State is a good example:

Related image

Image result for angelo state football

Related image

Divisional Round - Dallas Cowboys v Los Angeles Rams : News Photo

I don't mind the Rams helmet issue as a throwback because that's what it was. Although looking at older photos you can see that  the royal blue on the jersey was definitely not as bright as it is now so it makes the helmet stick out more than it normally did.

Here's a game worn jersey from the early 90's and you can see what I mean. This is the blue they should go for and not what the current throwback is using.

59446a_lg.jpeg

bSLCtu2.png

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

I don't mind the Rams helmet issue as a throwback because that's what it was. Although looking at older photos you can see that  the royal blue on the jersey was definitely not as bright as it is now so it makes the helmet stick out more than it normally did.

Here's a game worn jersey from the early 90's and you can see what I mean. This is the blue they should go for and not what the current throwback is using.

59446a_lg.jpeg

That pic may be a bit off:

Related image

Football Collectibles:Uniforms, 1983 Eric Dickerson Game Worn & Signed Los Angeles Rams RookieJersey--Photo Matched!...Football Collectibles:Uniforms, 1983 Eric Dickerson Game Worn & Signed Los Angeles Rams RookieJersey--Photo Matched!...1980's Eric Dickerson Game-Worn Rams Jersey (w/Multiple Repairs), Hall of Famer

Image result for jim everett game worn jersey

The socks are out of hand. Was there a charger wearing the same sock? I know players do their own thing with wearing really high white or really low color, but one chief was wearing the away socks, some chargers have no socks (just white spandex). It’s a mess out there.

KISSwall09.jpg

A thought I had watching the Saints play. If they are to win the NFCCG next week and advance to the Super Bowl will the Super Bowl LIII patch fit on the jersey underneath the Tom Benson patch? From the naked eye there doesn’t look to be a lot of room under the Tom Benson patch and the top of the numbers.

Archived