2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only saw parts of a few games, but SF/MIN looked good.  CAR/DAL was OK, but just too much blue.  PIT/CLE sucked because the Browns (even though they were in their least-offensive combo), NYG/JAX sucked because Jax didn't wear their actual team color anywhere.  I didn't think the Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles/ATL was that bad - in fact, I thought it was an above-average matchup - but I know that both - especially the Falcons - don't get much love here.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

46 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I only saw parts of a few games, but SF/MIN looked good.  CAR/DAL was OK, but just too much blue.  PIT/CLE sucked because the Browns (even though they were in their least-offensive combo), NYG/JAX sucked because Jax didn't wear their actual team color anywhere.  I didn't think the Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles/ATL was that bad - in fact, I thought it was an above-average matchup - but I know that both - especially the Falcons - don't get much love here.

The Eagles, Falcons, and Cardinals have the worst and most-dated looks in the entire league.  All 3 teams' traditional/throwback looks are 100x better than what they have been wearing for the last 15+ seasons.  

5 minutes ago, Volt said:

The Eagles, Falcons, and Cardinals have the worst and most-dated looks in the entire league.  All 3 teams' traditional/throwback looks are 100x better than what they have been wearing for the last 15+ seasons.  

Don't group the Eagles with those two. Cardinals have piping and bad color patches under the armpits, and then theres the white jersey.

Falcons, not as bad as the cardinals, but again has piping which dates any jersey to the 2000s, with bad sleeves.

Eagles, really is just the clunky number font with the drop shadow, there is no piping, so I don't think its that bad.

And while I am a fan of their old kelly green, I also really like the midnight green.

1 hour ago, Volt said:

I just don't think that the SBCPE's look is "dated".  It's a modern take on a classic template, with the only non-traditional elements being the asymmetrical pants stripes (which I think look very sharp), the style of the helmet wings (I don't care for but many seem to like), and the actual color itself.

I totally get that many people don't care for the number font, and I do think that for some of the numbers it looks dumb (1 and 7 mostly, but 6, 8, and 9 can sometimes be indistinguishable too), but it's still a traditional jersey and not "dated".  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

but I know that both - especially the Falcons - don't get much love here.

Count me in as one of the few that actually loves the Falcons look, cardinals (sans grey face mask) and doesn't mind the eagles current look

Just now, Olmec said:

Count me in as one of the few that actually loves the Falcons look, cardinals (sans grey face mask) and doesn't mind the eagles current look

I definitely don't "love" the Falcons look, but I don't think it deserves the level of hate it gets.  Yeah it has some piping, but I don't think it's egregiously misused.  Yeah they use the Nascar numbers with shadow, but other than the 1s needing some tweaking (Julio Jones looks like a pause button), it's really not that bad.  I definitely understand why people would refer to it as "dated", and I agree to some extent, but I definitely don't think it needs to be changed any time soon.

Can’t read the titans numbers on they light blue jerseys. Total disgrace. 

5 hours ago, DiePerske said:

I know there was health issues last season, but hopefully all is better and @infrared41 will be able/willing to bring back his lists this season.

Thanks! I'm in good health and yes, the lists will be back this season. I was working on week one earlier this evening. I should have them ready for Tuesday. 

BB52Big.jpg

Archived