2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Gupti said:

Just tuned into the Titans game for the first time and, wow, I cannot read a single players number. Yikes.

My wife doesn't usually comment on uniforms, but she saw the Titans uniforms and immediately said, "Uggh, I hate those numbers."

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

18 minutes ago, Placebo said:

I think the navy blue helmet looks exceptionally bad with that colour as well.

The navy blue helmet/columbia blue jersey combo made them look a little bit like last year's Jags upon a really quick glance.

Yes, I know the colors aren't the same.

GettyImages-185578560_1508330618753_1142apdoyre9awowh2tpmctc.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 9/5/2018 at 12:00 PM, msubulldog said:

The Falcons are predictable in that they always go red over white at home. I just wonder when they are going to wear their throwbacks and/or Color Rush set.

I think red-over-white is their best combo, but I still wish they'd mix-and-match a little bit like they did in the Vick years.

gettyimages-71911363.jpg?w=1000&h=600&cr

quarterback-michael-vick-of-the-atlanta-

nfl_g_vick_400.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Did the Titans realize that they have to wear those for 5 whole years when they signed off on them? I thought they were a mess when they were unveiled, but they look even worse in action. They're like a Frankenstein's monster of design ideas, none of which were executed well.

spacer.png

10 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Thanks! I'm in good health and yes, the lists will be back this season. I was working on week one earlier this evening. I should have them ready for Tuesday. 

Do you read others' best and worst list? I think you do. That makes things more fun. We can all look at each others list and comment or judge them. It's all fair game.

I don't want to, but if I have to make one of my own, I'll start a separate thread. If I'm up to it. If someone else does it, that would be great.

On 9/10/2018 at 8:28 AM, burgundy said:

Did the Titans realize that they have to wear those for 5 whole years when they signed off on them? I thought they were a mess when they were unveiled, but they look even worse in action. They're like a Frankenstein's monster of design ideas, none of which were executed well.

Just as others stated, that while watching on television you cannot make out the Titans players jersey numbers.  Their numbers should have remained white with the Columbia blue jerseys, not black.

Bud Adams' daughter was the one who had designing power on these new duds ... grrreat job Amy!  ?

We'll all look forward to seeing the navy socks matched with the navy pants . . which should be coming soon ? 

Also their number font doesn't work, it's too condensed, traditional block style looks best.  Trying to get all fancy doesn't necessarily work in football. .

fox-camera-angle-dolphins-titans-832x447

4 hours ago, canzman said:

Chargers vs. Bills

LEFKwqf.jpgkjv7ITJ.jpg

Ahem ...

The current white set w/ the blue pants?

Unless there's been a sudden change of plans that I'm not aware of the Bills will be donning the faux '65 all-white throwbacks with the grazing Bison logo.

6c1aa09c6903687f6eafe1d60451526d-getty-8

3 minutes ago, ARTnSocal said:

Ahem ...

The current white set w/ the blue pants?

Unless there's been a sudden change of plans that I'm not aware of the Bills will be donning the faux '65 all-white throwbacks with the grazing Bison logo.

6c1aa09c6903687f6eafe1d60451526d-getty-8

That Bills' uniform (minus the logo) is great.

26 minutes ago, Placebo said:

That Bills' uniform (minus the logo) is great.

I spent my very early years watching the Bills play with that grazing Bison logo, and back-to-back AFL Championships over the San Diego Super-Chargers 

Me likey ----->. ???

2016-02-13_16-02-35.jpg

Daryle Lamonica (12) under center  

26-Oct-1963

11 minutes ago, ARTnSocal said:

I spent my very early years watching the Bills play with that grazing Bison logo, and back-to-back AFL Championships over the San Diego Super-Chargers 

Me likey ----->. ???

2016-02-13_16-02-35.jpg

Daryle Lamonica (12) under center  

26-Oct-1963

Fair enough (for nostalgia).

TBH I think both uniforms in that picture are ugly.

I don’t see any way the Saints wear gold pants again considering they haven’t worn  black over gold in back to back home games in YEARS and that they got embarrassed in them yesterday.

I also think the Jags will wear white unfortunately, or if they don’t, it would probably be the teal, which would make for an awesome matchup. The Pats have not worn white vs the Jags in teal in probably 2 decades.

3 hours ago, whitedawg22 said:

I think red-over-white is their best combo, but I still wish they'd mix-and-match a little bit like they did in the Vick years.

gettyimages-71911363.jpg?w=1000&h=600&cr

quarterback-michael-vick-of-the-atlanta-

nfl_g_vick_400.jpg

Couldn’t have said it better. The black pants really brought an edge to those unis. They look so much tougher like that and the black alternate to me is more exciting than those bland throwbacks of theirs that everyone seems to love for whatever reason. Black and red is such a good color scheme, and this is the only team that really has that look, which can and should be taken farther.

2 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

Not only that but while watching on television you cannot make out the players jersey numbers.  Their numbers should have remained white with the Columbia blue jerseys, not black.

Bud Adams' daughter was the one who had designing power on these new duds ... great job Amy!  ?

We will all look forward to seeing the navy socks matched with the navy pants . . coming soon ? 

Also their number font doesn't work, it's too condensed, traditional block style looks best.  Trying to get all fancy doesn't necessarily work in football. .

fox-camera-angle-dolphins-titans-832x447

I think it would be hard to read any jersey with that quality

Archived