2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

1 hour ago, DeFrank said:

Must have missed this. When was this announced?

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Article/Cowboys-navy-jersey-schedule-released-for-2018-120358792/

Todd Archer of ESPN reporting the team plans to wear navy blue jerseys on at least three separate occasions in 2018:

Week 1 at Carolina Panthers

Week 7 at Washington Redskins

Week 9 vs. Tennessee Titans*

The asterisk indicates when they'll don the blue top/white bottom combo.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, DeFrank said:

Must have missed this. (Cowboys 2018 jersey schedule) When was this announced?

That was announced on Friday 03-August-2018 at 2:22 pm EDT . . ?

I'd like to see 'dem Cowboys wear those white pants that they wore for a game last season with the navy jersey, but this time with their white jerseys . . 

I’m kinda late on this, but I wish that the Saints would’ve busted out their gold jerseys for Our Lord and Savior Breesus’ record-breaking night. Considering it was treated as a white jersey the one time they wore them against the Vikings, it could’ve totally worked out fine. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

3 hours ago, Chawls said:

NFLfan10 said:

So still no one knows why the Saints randomly wore white for the game last night? I can't think of any logical reason. It seems to me more common in recent seasons for teams to wear white at home after already having worn color at home for a day game. We've seen it with the Jets, Browns, Saints, Jags, Bills, Dolphins, Bucs, and maybe some others I can't think of.

I couldn't agree more, and I was thinking the exact same thing last nite.  Their all-white color rush uniform looked totally dope the previous week in NJ against the NY Giants, only the socks were off. 

The Browns wore their ugly chocolate-n-orange color rush for two straight home games, so I don't know why New Orleans didn't wear the white color rush for consecutive games.  Sure beats those ugly black leotards that NO, BAL, and JAX could almost share between them. 

The Saints actually had a black helmet that they wore in 1969, but in preseason only .. I've never seen a color photo of them before, only this black-n-white Polaroid from a summer scrimmage against the SD Chargers, final preseason before the 1970 AFL-NFL merger.

sps-library14021817000-0002jpg-d23a3eff2

1 hour ago, ARTnSocal said:

I couldn't agree more, and I was thinking the exact same thing last nite.  Their all-white color rush uniform looked totally dope the previous week in NJ against the NY Giants, only the socks were off. 

The Browns wore their ugly chocolate-n-orange color rush for two straight home games, so I don't know why New Orleans didn't wear the white color rush for consecutive games.  Sure beats those ugly black leotards that NO, BAL, and JAX could almost share between them. 

The Saints actually had a black helmet that they wore in 1969, but in preseason only .. I've never seen a color photo of them before, only this black-n-white Polaroid from a summer scrimmage against the SD Chargers, final preseason before the 1970 AFL-NFL merger.

IMG_3737.JPG.e51479c99c1228337b0bbd46c89ec005.JPGI think he was talking about these monstrosities 

5 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

So still no one knows why the Saints randomly wore white for the game last night? I can't think of any logical reason. It seems to me more common in recent seasons for teams to wear white at home after already having worn color at home for a day game. We've seen it with the Jets, Browns, Saints, Jags, Bills, Dolphins, Bucs, and maybe some others I can't think of.

And they had to wear their black "leotards" with the white jerseys. I am not a fan of WAH where the pants are an extremely dark color (Bills, Pats, Jaguars in black pants, Titans in navy pants, Chargers in navy pants, Redskins in burgundy pants, Eagles in green pants, Saints in black pants, Ravens in black pants, Browns in brown pants).

4 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

That was announced on Friday 03-August-2018 at 2:22 pm EDT . . ?

I'd like to see 'dem Cowboys wear those white pants that they wore for a game last season with the navy jersey, but this time with their white jerseys . . 

Praying for all-white.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

18 hours ago, dont care said:

IMG_3737.JPG.e51479c99c1228337b0bbd46c89ec005.JPGI think he was talking about these monstrosities 

Correct!

I just edited it, thx.  I was replying to what 'NFLfan10" wrote, but in error I responded from Chawls' post.

I remember the Saints in those 'monstroities', which they wore against Minnesota, those were just awful. 

My guess is the Jags wear the teal or white pants at Dallas this week. The equipment manager stated they like to wear the all black in London, I think they wait until next week to go all black. It’s weird how we are going into the 10th game with the new set (4 preseason, 6 regular season) and they haven’t worn their team determined primary look of all black yet. 

1 hour ago, ARTnSocal said:

I remember the Saints in those 'monstroities', which they wore in Minnesota, those were just awful AWESOME!!!

2 hours ago, dont care said:

IMG_3737.JPG.e51479c99c1228337b0bbd46c89ec005.JPGI think he was talking about these monstrosities BEAUTIES!!! ?

I took the liberty of correcting your misspellings. ?⚜️

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

2 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

Correct!

I just edited it, thx.  I was replying to what 'NFLfan10" wrote, but in error I responded from Chawls' post.

I remember the Saints in those 'monstroities', which they wore in Minnesota, those were just awful. 

Actually that game was in New Orleans.

16 hours ago, Chawls said:

I took the liberty of correcting your misspellings. ?⚜️

Haha!  ?

Well Mr Chawls, I hate to burst your bubble but there wasn't any misspellings there, I didn't like those.

So upon further review .. I still say they're AWFUL . . 

I do however like their color rush (if they had the correct socks).

Perhaps it was those black pants with the gold jerseys, all I know is that set needs to stay locked away in the attic.  

So sorry ??‍♂️ 

9 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

Were they playing pre season games in peoples front yards back then? Where was this??

Probably a scrimmage somewhere. But interesting to see the ref in shorts. 

16 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

This pic is in color.

s-l300.jpg

9 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Were they playing pre season games in peoples front yards back then? Where was this??

Probably a scrimmage somewhere. But interesting to see the ref in shorts. 

Joey Jets fan . . If you'll go back and reread the 3rd paragraph that'll answer your questions, unless your the type

that only likes to look at the pictures . . ?  

Kidding aside, when I first looked at that Poloroid I thought the Saints and Chargers were out on a farm somewhere. 

Apparently Pete Rozelle forced the Saints to toss the black helmets before the 1969 NFL 50th season began, as even back then teams were only allowed to have one helmet design/color.

IMG_1225_zpssorgq0bb.gif~original

The Saints color rush uniforms . . Nicely designed yet incomplete.

Why are they wearing solid white socks?  Yikes!! ?

All they need are black or gold striped socks and they'd have one of the finest looking color rush uniforms in the NFL.  The Panthers look also ruined by having Carolina blue socks. These teams should just wear Dockers since they keep using socks whose color matches the pants.

I'm amazed as to why so many NFL teams are missing the boat when it comes to having the correct socks designed to compliment both the pants and the overall unform ..

GRRRRRRrrrrr  ?

IMG_1226_zpsmqx1scur.jpg~original

I'm wondering how the Titans would look if they had silver or gray pants to go w/ those navy jerseys and helmets w/ the gray facemasks.

I think that might look really good . . a heck of a lot better than wearing both navy pants and navy socks. ??‍♂️

Wouldn't mind seeing Baltimore in those purple pants again, but not with Tennessee going mono with the navy pants.

Archived