2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a good redesign, certainly an improvement over their previous set by a country mile, but I don’t know that it was the best redesign since Bucs ‘97, only because I think the Vikings absolutely hit it out of the park this last go around.

Now if the Jags had teal numbers on the white jersey instead of black? And for good measure, teal over white was the true, consistent primary home set? Then I’d be very tempted to agree. Teal numbers on the white especially is a small change that would have elevated the set to an even better level than it is now.

Side note: when the Jags redesign was first revealed, I kinda bashed it for being a bit too stripped down and simple, but I’ve actually come around to it after seeing it in action and also remembering how much I like uniforms like Stanford and Michigan, who employ a very similar uniform philosophy. Especially after college football kicked off again, I saw those teams in action, saw the Jaguars again and “got it”. Any quibbles I have with the set now are purely matters of combo choices and color distribution.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Jets look better with white facemasks.

Jets look better with grey facemasks.

Makes me wonder why they even chose the green facemasks in 1998. I'm amazed at how just swapping them out impacts the look. I mean it's not night and day but it makes a difference. We're a green team but green facemasks just don't work for us. However strange that may sound

2 minutes ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Bucs maybe?

Cardinals I hate. They need a more spartan traditional look. They look awful now. I would say they're worse than this

Forgot the Cardinals, yep I agree. I still think that as bad as the Bucs look at least they don’t wear teal yoga pants. 

29 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

It was a good redesign, certainly an improvement over their previous set by a country mile, but I don’t know that it was the best redesign since Bucs ‘97, only because I think the Vikings absolutely hit it out of the park this last go around.

Now if the Jags had teal numbers on the white jersey instead of black? And for good measure, teal over white was the true, consistent primary home set? Then I’d be very tempted to agree. Teal numbers on the white especially is a small change that would have elevated the set to an even better level than it is now.

Side note: when the Jags redesign was first revealed, I kinda bashed it for being a bit too stripped down and simple, but I’ve actually come around to it after seeing it action and also remembering how much I like uniforms like Stanford and Michigan, who employ a very similar uniform philosophy. Especially after college football kicked off again, I saw those teams in action, saw the Jaguars again and “got it”. Any quibbles I have with the set now are purely matters of combo choices and color distribution.

Took the words right out of my mouth. It’s pretty damn cool of them to go with such a crisp and hard-nosed look when other teams try too hard to add frills to limited success. Feels like a breath of fresh air. Just wish they’d stick with the look that they creamed Brady with; that’s what Jaguars football should look like.

4 minutes ago, Colonel Sanders said:

Forgot the Cardinals, yep I agree. I still think that as bad as the Bucs look at least they don’t wear teal yoga pants. 

“Yoga pants” is how we describe pants-sock combos with no contrast (not teal pants with black socks), so try again.

14 hours ago, Colonel Sanders said:

^^^ gee thanks mister!!! Thanks for the learning knowledge. 

Either way this look is terrible. They would benefit from some stripes on their “not” yoga pants. 

No reason for the sass, the "yoga pant/leotard look" has been covered ad nauseum on these boards. 

14 hours ago, Gupti said:

Took the words right out of my mouth. It’s pretty damn cool of them to go with such a crisp and hard-nosed look when other teams try too hard to add frills to limited success. Feels like a breath of fresh air. Just wish they’d stick with the look that they creamed Brady with; that’s what Jaguars football should look like.

“Yoga pants” is how we describe pants-sock combos with no contrast (not teal pants with black socks), so try again.

They do look like yoga pants in that picture.

The teal pants with no stripes isn't a great look to me, I'm not sure what the people singing it's praises see in it.

90758391980.gif

I'd be shocked if any of these predictions are wrong:

Ravens in black

Eagles in black

Bills in all white

Sure hope I'm wrong, but I fully expect the Ravens in black. They love wearing it against teams that don't contrast with it at all and NFC teams in general. They did this last time they hosted the Saints:

007101219-RavensSaints-091.jpg

Would be nice to see the Browns wear Color Rush, even if it would put them at the max usage for the year. Has a team ever ignored the NFL's alternate jersey rules? Could they just wear CR the rest of the year and pay a fine, or would the league not even let them on the field? 

After getting destroyed by the Chargers, they have only won one game wearing the white jerseys since they debuted in 2015.

1 hour ago, canzman said:

Regular Season Week 7 (Part1) (BYES:Packers, Raiders, Steelers, Seahawks)

Browns vs. Buccaneers
0O6vCAn.jpgolJFstP.jpg
Panthers vs. Eagles

Vikings vs. Jets

Lions vs. Dolphins

Why wouldn't the Browns take this opportunity to wear their orange jersey in the hot Florida sun?

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Archived