canzman

2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I never realized that I was in the minority with not liking those white helmets. IMO they look a bit too plain, and the logo was made to work on navy. I also would prefer they stick with navy primaries. Why? While I hope they never change their jerseys, if they do I want a navy uniform with a white-red stripe taking up the whole sleeve cap, and maybe put a star somewhere (although that may be too close to the Cowboys). If you’re going to call yourselves the Texans, go all-in with the Texas imagery.

 

“Well, if you really want to do the Texas theme, be the Oilers”

NO. It’s a bad and dated look that people only like because it’s nostalgia for them (same with the Expos). The logo is just a oil derrick that looks like it belongs on a clipart website, and floating stripes are obnoxious. However, I did like the idea of Houston getting a “luv ya blue” Color Rush, as it light blue/red is a good color scheme. If you absolutely have to bring back the Oilers, at least modernize them.

 

You think the logo is made to work on navy? Even all of the Texans' social media still uses a white background for the logo:

https://www.instagram.com/houstontexans/?hl=en

https://www.facebook.com/HoustonTexans/

https://twitter.com/HoustonTexans?lang=en

 

The navy helmets are slick, but I think a white helmet gives the overall look more pop and allows that bold logo to stand out even more. 

 

Image result for texans white helmet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

“Well, if you really want to do the Texas theme, be the Oilers”

NO. It’s a bad and dated look that people only like because it’s nostalgia for them (same with the Expos). The logo is just a oil derrick that looks like it belongs on a clipart website, and floating stripes are obnoxious. However, I did like the idea of Houston getting a “luv ya blue” Color Rush, as it light blue/red is a good color scheme. If you absolutely have to bring back the Oilers, at least modernize them.

Well it sounds like we need to have a fist fight about this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2018 at 3:06 PM, NFLfan10 said:

Really? So when is Philly wearing black? They never wait this long. I guess the Ravens will save the black for the Steelers game in Week 9.

 I don't know if Eagles announced when they are wearing black but I can tell you its not any super special game (IE Sunday night football)

 

I don't have the Ravens scheduled to wear black jerseys at all this year.  The only alt they have listed is the purple color rush

Although for the Steelers game you mentioned, on the grid the Ravens are listed as wearing an alternate white at home against the Steelers primary color (black).

The Ravens made a typo earlier this year when they said they were wearing an alternate white and it ended up just being their normal whites.  That was away vs. Browns in their color rush.   So take that for whatever its worth, but its probably just another typo.  I expect Ravens in white at home against Steelers in black in Week 9. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, goforbroke said:

 I don't know if Eagles announced when they are wearing black but I can tell you its not any super special game (IE Sunday night football)

 

I don't have the Ravens scheduled to wear black jerseys at all this year.  The only alt they have listed is the purple color rush

Although for the Steelers game you mentioned, on the grid the Ravens are listed as wearing an alternate white at home against the Steelers primary color (black).

The Ravens made a typo earlier this year when they said they were wearing an alternate white and it ended up just being their normal whites.  That was away vs. Browns in their color rush.   So take that for whatever its worth, but its probably just another typo.  I expect Ravens in white at home against Steelers in black in Week 9. 

So that eliminates Week 10 for the Eagles vs Dallas on SNF, which means maybe Week 12 vs NYG. I'm happy to hear this about both teams, as I much prefer their regular colors, but I'm just very surprised based on recent seasons. Not sure why the Ravens would elect to wear white vs their hated rivals in November.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, goforbroke said:

 I don't know if Eagles announced when they are wearing black but I can tell you its not any super special game (IE Sunday night football)

 

I don't have the Ravens scheduled to wear black jerseys at all this year.  The only alt they have listed is the purple color rush

Although for the Steelers game you mentioned, on the grid the Ravens are listed as wearing an alternate white at home against the Steelers primary color (black).

The Ravens made a typo earlier this year when they said they were wearing an alternate white and it ended up just being their normal whites.  That was away vs. Browns in their color rush.   So take that for whatever its worth, but its probably just another typo.  I expect Ravens in white at home against Steelers in black in Week 9. 

What is the deal this season for WAH for non-September home games (this prediction for the Ravens and the Redskins game coming up vs Dallas) and two home dates for the Saints (last week vs Washington and next month vs Philly) after they wore black for all of last season's home games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, msubulldog said:

What is the deal this season for WAH for non-September home games (this prediction for the Ravens and the Redskins game coming up vs Dallas) and two home dates for the Saints (last week vs Washington and next month vs Philly) after they wore black for all of last season's home games.

 

No clue. Maybe trying to sell more white jerseys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, msubulldog said:

What is the deal this season for WAH for non-September home games (this prediction for the Ravens and the Redskins game coming up vs Dallas) and two home dates for the Saints (last week vs Washington and next month vs Philly) after they wore black for all of last season's home games.

I'd throw the Browns and Jets in there too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2018 at 6:15 AM, canzman said:



Bills vs. Colts


kjv7ITJ.jpgocGBnAP.jpg
 

 

Nope . . Bills are wearing white on white in Indy, and INT-magnet Nathan Peterman has been relegated to the bench.  

 

Why he's still on the 53-man roster remains a great mystery  

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jags are back in what should be their regular home combo this week against the Texans, teal over white. Fourth instance of that specific combo going back to the preseason, whereas they’ve still only worn black jerseys twice since then and on the road. I expect black on black to make its debut in London next week, meaning we’d be halfway through the season and will have still not seen a thread of the black jerseys in Jacksonville. I also expect they’re probably gonna do all-teal against Pittsburgh on SNF to finish off their teal outings.

 

When it comes down to it, Im an optimist, and a bit of a delusional one at that. So, I’m just going to refuse to accept the harsh reality that the Jags teal jerseys are still only an alternate until they finally pull out the black jerseys for the fourth time come some time in December.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

So that eliminates Week 10 for the Eagles vs Dallas on SNF, which means maybe Week 12 vs NYG. I'm happy to hear this about both teams, as I much prefer their regular colors, but I'm just very surprised based on recent seasons. Not sure why the Ravens would elect to wear white vs their hated rivals in November.

 

It would really surprise me if the Ravens wore white at home against the Steelers.  I'm fairly certain they've never worn white at home after September and a game against their archrivals would seem to be an odd time to change the routine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, leopard88 said:

 

It would really surprise me if the Ravens wore white at home against the Steelers.  I'm fairly certain they've never worn white at home after September and a game against their archrivals would seem to be an odd time to change the routine.

The only time the Ravens donned WAH after September was week 5 of 2008 vs the Titans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2018 at 3:05 PM, daveindc said:

 

You think the logo is made to work on navy? Even all of the Texans' social media still uses a white background for the logo:

https://www.instagram.com/houstontexans/?hl=en

https://www.facebook.com/HoustonTexans/

https://twitter.com/HoustonTexans?lang=en

 

The navy helmets are slick, but I think a white helmet gives the overall look more pop and allows that bold logo to stand out even more. 

 

Image result for texans white helmet

I'm kinda split on the idea of the Texans in a white but wouldn't mind it if the facemask was red. That would be a minor callback to our original team. If they kept the navy helmets I would also like a red facemask as well. 

 

 As for the Ravens. I'm thinking they go all white for the game vs. the Steelers, though I wouldn't mind them in purple pants again. Glad they won last week in them. 

 

For the other matchups: Giants/Falcons and Wash/Cowboys looking clean, Rams/Niners will be one of the better looking mustard and mayo matchups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish the Jets chose a different color rush opponent. The regular dark green clashes a lot better with the Vikings purple. I'd love to see them don those against New England, but teams prefer to wear the same uniform against their division foes every season.

 

I always like when the Falcons wear throwback vs. teams that have red in their uniforms since we miss out on Falcon red in these cases. I wish they would wear them vs. Arizona Wk 15, a red-heavy matchup we've seen many times in recent seasons.

 

I think the Ravens might go with black pants, in which case the Saints should go with gold pants. If the Ravens wore white pants, the black pants would be okay (since I don't mind the yoga look that everyone dreads).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@canzman i've been meaning to ask you -- i work on sundays and never get a chance to watch all the team and i almost never go back and check if these uniform designations are correct.  Have you seen anything i've said this year turn out to be wrong?  The only one i know for sure was wrong was the Saints in week4/5 they switched color rush games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

It might be hoping too much, but if the Jags have effectively made the teal over white their primary home... they're really onto something. 

The way I see it, there are honestly only two dates down the stretch of the season where I can see them actually wearing their black jerseys in Jax at all. They’re probably going all-Black at their “home” game played in London, and I suppose they’re gonna come out against Washington and the Colts in December (as well as on the road against the Bills).

 

Other than that, assuming they’ll go all-teal against Pittsburgh, that’ll be five times that the city of Jacksonville will have seen the teal jerseys, including preseason (four times with white pants), compared to two instances of the black jerseys and two times in the whites for good measure. (Not counting the postseason of course, which we will not talk about at this time with regard to the Jaguars).

 

It makes you ask yourself “what is the *real* home uniform?” Thats not a conspiracy, no, but it really is boggling: the fans know what they want for the primary home uni, and it seems like the team even gets that. So, why the hell are they still running with this “all-black is the main home look; you’re welcome, teal-lovers?” charade?? They better admit and fix this mistake by next year because they’re squandering a very solid design in that teal over white uniform.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Gupti said:

The way I see it, there are honestly only two dates down the stretch of the season where I can see them actually wearing their black jerseys in Jax at all. They’re probably going all-Black at their “home” game played in London, and I suppose they’re gonna come out against Washington and the Colts in December (as well as on the road against the Bills).

 

Other than that, assuming they’ll go all-teal against Pittsburgh, that’ll be five times that the city of Jacksonville will have seen the teal jerseys, including preseason (four times with white pants), compared to two instances of the black jerseys and two times in the whites for good measure. (Not counting the postseason of course, which we will not talk about at this time with regard to the Jaguars).

 

It makes you ask yourself “what is the *real* home uniform?” Thats not a conspiracy, no, but it really is boggling: the fans know what they want for the primary home uni, and it seems like the team even gets that. So, why the hell are they still running with this “all-black is the main home look; you’re welcome, teal-lovers?” charade?? They better admit and fix this mistake by next year because they’re squandering a very solid design in that teal over white uniform.

That's what I pointed out earlier in the season on this board. With the 3 x times per season rule plus preseason, we won't even be able to tell the difference when the team also wears white at home early on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.