2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Eszcz21 said:

The panthers have released their uniform schedule. 

They’re wearing black at Detroit week 11 so that sadly means the lions are wearing their god awful color rush that game.

I knew the Panthers would force Dallas to wear blue on the road.

1 hour ago, gothedistance said:

Carolina wearing the blue jerseys twice in the preseason. Lame. Don't they want their fans to see the alternates more, when the games are meaningful?

At least they are not WAH in the preseason. I guess this was a decision of the new ownership. I am also wondering if they host a playoff game under new ownership, if they will wear black.

5 hours ago, arron said:

Does anyone else want to see the browns wear the orange alternates once this year? 

The browns best uniform combo in my opinion is 

orange/ white/ orange 

Jersey/ pants/ socks 

It does bring back memory of the late 70s-early 80s #CardiacKids era.

HoF game is tomorrow night and the match-up has been posted a while... might as well get week one up. Remember any combos posted during the course of this thread prior to game taking place or posted prior to any announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed. Please give me some 24 hours from the completion of the game to make any corrections as I am normally not at a computer to make changes during the game itself.

Preseason Week 1 (Part 1)
Chargers @ Cardinals
bMJZQKo.jpgGEj2aBv.jpg
Rams @ Ravens
CndgMFI.pngzZpjZhi.jpg
Panthers @ Bills
Ph6mabg.jpgwUXHPNl.jpg
Bears @ Bengals
aMl3xR9.jpgXtP1a7s.jpg
Vikings @ Broncos
SQ5T4hz.jpgbWyBsP1.jpg
Titans @ Packers
M4Z3fQV.jpgucasGyt.jpg
Saints @ Jaguars
HW1E9jy.png7F9Rgev.jpg
Browns @ Giants
jPKxLUF.jpgXlfarhb.jpg

The Chargers wear all white on the road now. They wore them at San Francisco last year.

Baltimore has worn white at home for the first game going back to 2014. Both home games the last two years. That's believable. The Rams are said to be ditching their navy jersey. It's likely they'll be in their "supposed" throwback.

The Jaguars and Jets have incongruity of wearing white at home in the preseason. Hard to say.

Chargers uniform/jersey schedule is out. https://www.chargers.com/news/chargers-announce-2018-uniform-schedule

I hope the Titans don't wear the columbia blue pants this time. Because that game between the teams back in 2016 was awful. 

I knew the Chargers would wear powder blue against the Raiders because that week will still be hot. I also thought they would wear the royal blue against the Cardinals based on where they wore the color rush last year.

The Bills must be wearing their white throwbacks if the Chargers are wearing navy at Buffalo. Sweet.

Navy over white is diminishing. I like that combo.

7 hours ago, canzman said:

Saints @ Jaguars
eG1it30.pngl4ThBfH.jpg

Denigrate the minimalism all you’d like, but the helmet and number font alone make that uni look really clean to me. Does it have mostly to do with me just feeling sweet relief after enduring five years of the maximalist mess that we used to wear? Probably, but whatever.

That Titans combo looks amazing on here. Hopefully that becomes their main road look like back in 2016.

That's very odd of the Chargers to choose powder blue 2/3 weeks and be done with them by Week 7, and for a London game against a team they just wore powder blue against. Very strange decision. Just like last year, they don't wear navy until Week 11. This seems to be a trend with them and Carolina. They generally go with darker colors as the season progresses. I wish the Niner game was later in the season. That would be a nice-looking matchup with the Chargers in white navy/navy and SF in white/gold, but as usual, the league chooses to let us down.

2 hours ago, Gupti said:

Denigrate the minimalism all you’d like, but the helmet and number font alone make that uni look really clean to me. Does it have mostly to do with me just feeling sweet relief after enduring five years of the maximalist mess that we used to wear? Probably, but whatever.

Outlines to the numbers couldn't have hurt though.

29 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

2 hours ago, Gupti said:

They look similar to the Bengals color rush. I prefer the Bengals version which has enough going for it to be visually interesting.

So the Browns are wearing their color rush multiple times and we can agree it will likely be in the Week 3 Thursday game vs the Jets. Carolina and LA are wearing color in Cleveland and they'll likely be in white Week 1 vs PIT and Week 5 vs BAL, so that leaves KC Week 9, ATL Week 10, and CIN Week 16. I hope it's the Atlanta game. I think they'd choose regular brown in Tampa Wk 7.

2 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I rather like the way that they look unoutlined; looks crispy and bold, and outlines can add clutter at times without really adding that savory pop of color that some suggest it would (i.e. adding, say, gold outlines to looks like the Packers and Steelers would bring them down pretty hard. I also don’t think that they were necessary on the 2009 set, either.).

As I’ve said before, the change that I would make would be teal numbers, which are one of my favorite pieces of continuity in the Jags uni timeline.

7 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Chargers uniform/jersey schedule is out. https://www.chargers.com/news/chargers-announce-2018-uniform-schedule

I hope the Titans don't wear the columbia blue pants this time. Because that game between the teams back in 2016 was awful. 

I knew the Chargers would wear powder blue against the Raiders because that week will still be hot. I also thought they would wear the royal blue against the Cardinals based on where they wore the color rush last year.

The Bills must be wearing their white throwbacks if the Chargers are wearing navy at Buffalo. Sweet.

Navy over white is diminishing. I like that combo.

This would fit with tradition. Bills have been using the white throwbacks, least according to my memory, for the home opener most years since they were first used.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

On 7/29/2018 at 4:15 AM, Old School Fool said:

Who would've thought?

CGP2fyk.png  g8dbpiP.png

Rams need to break out the white pants for that matchup. I’d even like to see the blue pants (although they have a white stripe).

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

On 8/1/2018 at 10:12 AM, canzman said:

l4ThBfH.jpg

Just FYI, the Nike check on the front facing shot on the left side is black instead of teal. Just letting you know in case you're a perfectionist like me. Great work on these!

Archived