2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, goforbroke said:

@canzman i've been meaning to ask you -- i work on sundays and never get a chance to watch all the team and i almost never go back and check if these uniform designations are correct.  Have you seen anything i've said this year turn out to be wrong?  The only one i know for sure was wrong was the Saints in week4/5 they switched color rush games. 

Not really other than the Ravens thing with the "alternate white" which we both agreed was likely a type-o.

16 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Hooo boy, Broncos/Cardinals is some kind of ugly tonight...

tenor.gif?itemid=5099596

giphy.gif

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHpJRZRWZHcm2snqI86G8

Broncos? Not so much, as I consider their look a modern classic. But the Cardinals? Hoo boy, both with their uniforms and their performance. Those jerseys are bad enough to make the entire matchup look worse.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

21 hours ago, canzman said:

Not really other than the Ravens thing with the "alternate white" which we both agreed was likely a type-o.

Yeah that was weird because it was in several places and it’s coming up again week 9.  Maybe it was something they planned but scrapped last minute. 

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

3 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I’m about to say something really stickler-y, but here goes: If an original franchise has to change thier traditional helmet color to make an alternate uniform look better, then maybe that alternate shouldn’t be a thing at all.

Yeah they clearly weren't designed with the look of the helmet in mind. Just looks dumb. Compare them to the regular black alts:

Denver Broncos v Arizona Cardinals : News Photo

Tampa Bay Buccaneers v Arizona Cardinals : News Photo

15 hours ago, goforbroke said:

Yeah that was weird because it was in several places and it’s coming up again week 9.  Maybe it was something they planned but scrapped last minute. 

The scrapped idea thing makes sense since you mentioned that the Ravens aren't scheduled to wear their black alternates at all this year. So maybe there is/was a white alternate in the pipeline.

18 minutes ago, tjs11 said:

is the NFL done with the Breast Cancer Awareness thing? saw the crucial catch stickers on the helmet

It’s just the catch and the rainbow represents all cancers. Few players still wear pink accessories or shoes 

the panthers finally went yoga pants. Black pants and socks. Really liked the mix match cause they were using opposite socks.

KISSwall09.jpg

40 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Carolina wearing black socks with the black pants this week. 

why

Because they lost wearing the blue socks last week lol

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Purple pants were a great way for the Ravens to spruce up an identity that was starting to feel stale (especially when they constantly wear black pants on the road). All-purple uniforms with a black helmet and black socks make for a perfect balance — and dare I say, this specific combination might be the best the Ravens have ever looked. 

Archived