Jump to content

2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII


canzman
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 8/7/2018 at 9:19 AM, gothedistance said:

Dolphins jersey/uniform schedule for 2018. http://miamidolphinsuniform.com/

 

The throwback games are the same as last year. Miami always wears them against Buffalo.

 

Will we get to see them a third time? I hope we get to see them for one of the preseason games or the week two game at New York.

 

Man, the only thing missing from these updated Dolphins unis is an aqua facemask. They would look SO GOOD.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No kidding, if professional athletes need to be motivated by three strips of tape down the center of their helmet to play harder, then it really says a lot about why this team has gone January 31st over the last 2 seasons.

 

On the other hand...if I wanted to get off the Browns squad I wouldn't bother to try earning those stupid stripes in the first place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/6/2018 at 12:58 AM, Old School Fool said:

I just realized the Raiders are going to be wearing their home uniforms in the Coliseum against the Rams. That doesn't seem like a smart idea by the Rams to wear white. It's like double home field advantage as it is, can't have the illusion that the Rams aren't playing in their own building.

It IS their home building. It’s the only stadium in the city of Los Angeles the Rams have ever played in. They also wore white for many years there.

 

I wish people will understand the Raiders are OAKLAND’S team, not Los Angeles’ (at least for now). 50+ years in LA trumps 10+ years, no matter how much success the Raiders had.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Htown1141 said:

the browns didn't have a helmet stripe, y'all. Am I missing something?

 

Hue Jackson wants them to "earn their stripes." I guess this is supposed to motivate the team?

 

I'm shocked and even worried about how many people online liked the look. Why on earth people would like a 100% plain orange helmet is beyond me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

 

Hue Jackson wants them to "earn their stripes." I guess this is supposed to motivate the team?

 

I'm shocked and even worried about how many people online liked the look. Why on earth people would like a 100% plain orange helmet is beyond me.

 

The plain orange helmets look like bowling balls, especially with their weird satin sheen.

udw7voph866qqsmau0k2.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, whitedawg22 said:

The plain orange helmets look like bowling balls, especially with their weird satin sheen.

 

It's weird that the finish is so inconsistent. Some helmets look glossy, some matte and others satin. 

 

I wish they would just go with a high gloss/metallic look like Oregon State or at least try to make them all the same.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the orange only helmet is a fine look for preseason and I think the "earn your stripes" mantra is a fun and cool thing to do. I'd honestly at this point be in favor of making it a tradition. People seem to be missing the symbolism in favor of just being cynical.

 

But sorry to those that seem to have a problem with a struggling team trying to establish an identity... ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/7/2018 at 3:19 PM, gothedistance said:

Dolphins jersey/uniform schedule for 2018. http://miamidolphinsuniform.com/

 

The throwback games are the same as last year. Miami always wears them against Buffalo.

 

Will we get to see them a third time? I hope we get to see them for one of the preseason games or the week two game at New York.

 

Throwback Dolphins vs Bills might be the best uniform matchup in the league

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

 

It's weird that the finish is so inconsistent. Some helmets look glossy, some matte and others satin. 

 

I wish they would just go with a high gloss/metallic look like Oregon State or at least try to make them all the same.

 

It's not the finish, it's moisture.  Get a little sweat on a matte/satin helmet and it looks glossy.  When it's try and the light isn't strong, it can appear matte.  When there's hard light on it, they'll look shinier.

 

It's not like the helmet reconditioner is mixing up different paint ingredients every time Cleveland gets their helmets done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, insert name said:

Could be the lighting but the Jets green is really popping out in this game. 

 

Noticed that - maybe it was the lighting but the greens really seemed to match between the stripes / jerseys / helmets and didn't have that olive military green look to the jerseys. 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Vikings broncos looked really good actually. Broncos went blue-orange-white, vikes in purple-white-purple. I would’ve guessed purple v orange would feel very minor league ish but it actually worked very well together. I don’t have a good pic, can someone help me out?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.