canzman

2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

I was 7 for 8 for Week 11 so let's try again:

 

3 white at homes is tough: I think TB, DAL, BUF

2 Throwbacks: DET, maybe NO if Buffalo isn't in throwback? But if BUF is throwback then IDK who the other WAH would be

5 Color Rush: DEN, LAC, MIN?, IND?, BAL?

 

I'm torn on a few of these. We must be in for some big surprises.

 

 

you basically have it except for 1 of the color rush

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

I was 7 for 8 for Week 11 so let's try again:

 

3 white at homes is tough: I think TB, DAL, BUF

2 Throwbacks: DET, maybe NO if Buffalo isn't in throwback? But if BUF is throwback then IDK who the other WAH would be

5 Color Rush: DEN, LAC, MIN?, IND?, BAL?

 

I'm torn on a few of these. We must be in for some big surprises.

 

 

 

Lions are home to Chicago for Week 12 , the early T'Giving Day game. They are wearing their throwback set. They play Buffalo the following week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

Yeah, I realize that's not what anyone is asking for, but unfortunately, that isn't how these things work.  You can't just say, here, we'll give you the ability to have an alternate helmet, but you have to promise to be discrete and tasteful with it. Given the option, the teams that are already cautious and careful with their visual brand will most likely remain so, and the teams that aren't will do something stupid.  Plus, Nike's gonna Nike.

 

Safest play is just to take it out of everyone's hands. One helmet, no worries. Now if we could just go back to only one alt jersey, restricted to twice a year, I'd be even happier.  

 

It worked before. If the NFL says ALT color helmets for throwbacks only that that's what the teams have to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, goforbroke said:

you basically have it except for 1 of the color rush

 

God I really hope the one he's wrong about is the Vikings. Lets not ruin the Packers matchup with color rush. They didn't wear em last year so hopefully they won't agin this year.

 

If they had to go mono I'd rather they just wear the regular purple pants and jerseys than the color rush. Because at least there's some white in there (for instance sock bottoms) to break it up. But that's like choosing the bullet to the head over 1000 cuts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VikWings said:

 

It worked before. If the NFL says ALT color helmets for throwbacks only that that's what the teams have to do.

Exactly. It's not like opening up the helmet rule will suddenly usher in a new era of garish alternate helmets.

 

"Teams can have two helmets. One must be paired with the standard home/away/alternate uniforms, and any alternate helmet must be an exact replica of a historical helmet worn by that team, to only be paired with a replica historical uniform."

 

That solves the issue of not just a random black or chrome alternate helmet, but also gets around the one-off helmet logos teams like the Jets have done for Color Rush games. A helmet shouldn't be just defined as the color of the shell, but as the entire design of the piece of equipment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BrianLion said:

 

Lions are home to Chicago for Week 12 , the early T'Giving Day game. They are wearing their throwback set. They play Buffalo the following week

I know.I didn't say they were playing each other. I just meant depending on what the Bills do in their game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Maybe since Tennessee is wearing white/navy this week, they'll end up in white/light blue in Houston for MNF next week. That would actually be better anyway and the team seems to rotate its combos on a fairly consistent basis, so that could be next on the queue. We've already seen a navy-heavy matchup of them on MNF against the other Texas team, so hopefully this happens, especially since it's a big divisional game now. 

I wonder if they will wear Color Rush and or Navy over White for any of their upcoming home games?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

 

Looks like an all-black color rash. 

They would wear all black when the lions were all grey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, VikWings said:

 

God I really hope the one he's wrong about is the Vikings. Lets not ruin the Packers matchup with color rush. They didn't wear em last year so hopefully they won't agin this year.

 

If they had to go mono I'd rather they just wear the regular purple pants and jerseys than the color rush. Because at least there's some white in there (for instance sock bottoms) to break it up. But that's like choosing the bullet to the head over 1000 cuts.

Yeah, it would look bad, but the Normal Monochrome look would be better than the CR. The lesser of two evils.

2013_Week8_Starks.jpg

More Pics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really surprised the Packers have decided to wear Color Rush on their own. It isn't mandatory so this is definitely a team choice. Not even wearing green socks to keep it looking traditional too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Packers all white look is nice. I wouldn't hate them wearing it twice a season (maybe one early in the year and one late). Packers standard uniforms are nice, but the all white is a fresh change of pace. Wish Patriots would bring back their all white look as well. 

 

Shame Seahawks didn't wear their color rush, would have been a fun uni matchup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Packers having a thin white stripe separating the green from the gold on their white jersey sleeves, but not on their white pants drives me nuts. Either option works, but pick one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, CitizenTino said:

The Packers having a thin white stripe separating the green from the gold on their white jersey sleeves, but not on their white pants drives me nuts. Either option works, but pick one.

 

 

The white spaces muddle up the road uniform, and should be removed.

 

18f470hzpmko9jpg.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2018 at 7:49 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

Didn't the Lions already force us to look at that ugly gray mess once this year? Thanks for nothing.

 

Aye!  They certainly did.

 

It was Week 4 game at Dallas, and the Lions couldn't have picked a more wrong opponent wear them against since Dallas still wore their white jerseys with the silver/green-blue pants.

 

Surprised the NFL allowed that. Too close to a color-clash.

 

 

oat02cm4ihahiijkyuqa.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.