canzman

2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

Recommended Posts

1) I won't be surprised if Dallas wears Color Rush on Thursday night, like they have the past 2 seasons for their first post-Thanksgiving game. 2) The Bills are supposed to wear their throwbacks again in Miami.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

 

Why does everyone always default to bashing millenials these days? I think people mean to bash those who were born in the late 90's/early 2000's. I'm basically a millenial and I'm almost 30 and have zero connection with what people describe millenials to be.

I just meant the majority of young people today and their fads and trends. I'm one too and I don't fall into some of the categories. I was using the term as casually as possible, I promise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I'd love to see the Chargers return to white over navy, especially for SNF, I don't see any reason to believe it will happen this week. Their swapping of pant colors between home and away since relocating has got to be one of the cheesiest, most gimmicky uniform decisions in recent memory. The 2 pants are clearly meant to go with the other jersey based on the striping, but as I pointed out, people love monochrome these days for whatever reason, and the team will continue to post "All white today!" with 3 fire emojis and fans will respond positively.

 

Would be thrilled if somehow we see this Sunday night:

6833726.jpg&c=sc&w=850&h=560

 

I also think Arizona will bring back the red pants and Cincy will go all black, esepcially after both got blown out this week in the other combos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody else miss these jerseys? I’m not sure when they went away, but I felt like they had more personality. Their current ones are great too, but these were a lot of funAdrian-Peterson-wants-to-be-the-best-eve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NFLfan10 said:

As much as I'd love to see the Chargers return to white over navy, especially for SNF, I don't see any reason to believe it will happen this week. Their swapping of pant colors between home and away since relocating has got to be one of the cheesiest, most gimmicky uniform decisions in recent memory. The 2 pants are clearly meant to go with the other jersey based on the striping, but as I pointed out, people love monochrome these days for whatever reason, and the team will continue to post "All white today!" with 3 fire emojis and fans will respond positively.

 

Would be thrilled if somehow we see this Sunday night:

6833726.jpg&c=sc&w=850&h=560

 

I also think Arizona will bring back the red pants and Cincy will go all black, esepcially after both got blown out this week in the other combos.

Thank you! The white on white is nice once in a while because it really pops, but please go back to the standard combos. Chargers have the best uniform sets in the league when they do plus their alts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Froob said:

Does anybody else miss these jerseys? I’m not sure when they went away, but I felt like they had more personality. Their current ones are great too, but these were a lot of funAdrian-Peterson-wants-to-be-the-best-eve

 

Too much piping, the side panels that only worked when they matched up, and the awkward soft-angled numbers...nah, the current set is better.

 

This isn't a good look:

 

Sports-FarveBrett-crJimBiever-07162015.j

 

Maybe bring back the metallic helmet, but that's it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

guess this is as good of a place as any to post this. noticed today Andrew Luck was wearing the primary blue jersey while the rest of the team (i assume) were wearing the ColorRush jersey. it has an older number font from the Baltimore days. compare the number 2's

 

uNwhs6z.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2018 at 10:21 PM, FSUViking said:

Yes. There are dozens of photos of Bears players looking like they are wearing black from the 80's. Obviously it's lighting as some have pointed out. But yes...I'm completely :censored:ing serious that it looks like Walter is wearing a black uniform. Sorry, not sorry.\

I used to think this until my uncle bought a Chicago Bears Sandknit jersey, around 1985. It's midnight blue so in poor lighting it appeared black. But when we played football during the summer it looked navy blue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

guess this is as good of a place as any to post this. noticed today Andrew Luck was wearing the primary blue jersey while the rest of the team (i assume) were wearing the ColorRush jersey. it has an older number font from the Baltimore days. compare the number 2's

 

uNwhs6z.png

Good catch! I wonder if anyone else had that issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has a team ever worn the same uniform through an entire season both home and away? I was on the gridiron uniform database for the skins, fins, and cowboys and another team always forced them to wear their home jerseys once or twice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

Has a team ever worn the same uniform through an entire season both home and away? I was on the gridiron uniform database for the skins, fins, and cowboys and another team always forced them to wear their home jerseys once or twice.

I know 1973 Browns only wore all white that season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

Has a team ever worn the same uniform through an entire season both home and away? I was on the gridiron uniform database for the skins, fins, and cowboys and another team always forced them to wear their home jerseys once or twice.

The Browns wore all white for every game in 2011.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

Has a team ever worn the same uniform through an entire season both home and away? I was on the gridiron uniform database for the skins, fins, and cowboys and another team always forced them to wear their home jerseys once or twice.

 

Yes, the Rams wore their white jerseys 47 straight times, from 1967 through the end of the 1970 season. They also wore white jerseys for every game in 1982 and 1993.

Cowboys wore white for every game in 1972.

Dolphins wore white for every game in 1977.

Browns wore white for every game in 1972, 1973, 1977, 1986, 1995, and 2011.

Saints wore white for every game in 1974.

Chargers wore white for every game in 1978, 1982 (except the one playoff loss in Miami), 1983, and 1991.

49ers wore white for every game in 1976.

Buccaneers wore white for every game in 1976.

Oilers wore white for every game in 1998.

 

Interestingly, the Redskins wore their burgundy jerseys for 13 straight games in 1967, being forced to wear them on the road for six of their seven road games.

 

In the USFL, the Arizona Wranglers wore their white jerseys for all 21 games in 1984.

 

My work for today is complete...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was surprised to see the Broncos in that mono orange with their orange crush logo yesterday

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrandMooreArt said:

 

Guess this is as good of a place as any to post this. noticed today Andrew Luck was wearing the primary blue jersey while the rest of the team (i assume) were wearing the ColorRush jersey. it has an older number font from the Baltimore days. compare the number 2's

 

uNwhs6z.png

 

OMG!

 

My friends are always breakin' my cojones about being such a uniform geek and I constantly tell them that there's alot of people out there not only like me but even more extreme, and many that put me to shame, but they just don't seem to believe it.

 

This right here is the perfect example.  The fact that you noticed the different jerseys via the number font puts you up for the SportsLogos 'geek of the week' trophy  🏆   . . and I mean that in a positive and non-offensive way, as we're all uniform and logo geeks.

 

To of caught that by the jersey font is nothing short of utter brilliance! You could have been like one of those investigators as portrayed on one of my favorite now-canceled TV shows from TNT known as 'The Closer' (Major Crimes).  Brenda Leigh Johnson would have appreciated your gift. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Froob said:

Does anybody else miss these jerseys? I’m not sure when they went away, but I felt like they had more personality. Their current ones are great too, but these were a lot of funAdrian-Peterson-wants-to-be-the-best-eve

No, no, no a thousand times no. They make me cringe whenever I see them. They were the low point in Vikings uniforms and had every sin of the 2000’s NFL uniforms. The helmet was good though and I’m glad the updated horn has stuck around. I hated them so much that I remember the date the updated logo was revealed, which meant new uniforms. February 14, 2013. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MN Wilkings said:

No, no, no a thousand times no. They make me cringe whenever I see them. They were the low point in Vikings uniforms and had every sin of the 2000’s NFL uniforms. The helmet was good though and I’m glad the updated horn has stuck around. I hated them so much that I remember the date the updated logo was revealed, which meant new uniforms. February 14, 2013. 

 

Those uniforms had more personality in the sense that the Riddler has more personality than Batman...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the side panels of those Vikings uniforms, how they look like  horns but then wrap around.

 

la-sp-sn-brett-favre-nfl-play-20150630

 

But IMO these are the best uniforms the Vikings ever had:

 

6eK4ob4.jpg

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.