2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

On 11/26/2018 at 12:37 PM, Bluefalcon said:

Yes, the Rams wore their white jerseys 47 straight times, from 1967 through the end of the 1970 season. They also wore white jerseys for every game in 1982 and 1993.

Cowboys wore white for every game in 1972.

Dolphins wore white for every game in 1977.

Browns wore white for every game in 1972, 1973, 1977, 1986, 1995, and 2011.

Saints wore white for every game in 1974.

Chargers wore white for every game in 1978, 1982 (except the one playoff loss in Miami), 1983, and 1991.

49ers wore white for every game in 1976.

Buccaneers wore white for every game in 1976.

Oilers wore white for every game in 1998.

Interestingly, the Redskins wore their burgundy jerseys for 13 straight games in 1967, being forced to wear them on the road for six of their seven road games.

In the USFL, the Arizona Wranglers wore their white jerseys for all 21 games in 1984.

My work for today is complete...

. . . . and yet the Browns wore brown jerseys in the preseason in several of those years.  Also, in 1972, they wound up wearing brown against the Dolphins in the playoffs after wearing white in every regular season game.

Gridiron Uniform Database says the Cowboys wore blue in Week 12 in 1972, but it could be wrong because it shows a color-on-color matchup.

http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=single-weekly&game_id=1972_DAL-SLC^12

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

Well . . . That would really depend on which Riddler you're talkin' here

The original Frank Gorshin to me was far and away the best.  Gomez Addams should have been sent back home to Morticia. The other actors I won't even mention. The original portrayed by FG to me was by far the best portrayal and brought out the most in the characters personality, just as I find the current Vikings uniforms their finest since their 1961 inception, but . . . GET SOME WHITE striped socks to wear the the purple pants FGS!!

ridldlers.jpg

Is there any other than Frank Gorshin? 

Also the Brooklyn Nets before the Brooklyn Nets.

Let_That_Be_Your_Last_Battlefield_070.jp

2 hours ago, leopard88 said:

. . . . and yet the Browns wore brown jerseys in the preseason in several of those years.  Also, in 1972, they wound up wearing brown against the Dolphins in the playoffs after wearing white in every regular season game.

Gridiron Uniform Database says the Cowboys wore blue in Week 12 in 1972, but it could be wrong because it shows a color-on-color matchup.

http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=single-weekly&game_id=1972_DAL-SLC^12

According to this video, the Cowboys wore white in this game in St. Louis.

47 minutes ago, cheo25 said:

According to this video, the Cowboys wore white in this game in St. Louis.

Thanks.  I'm not surprised.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

10 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:
Why do they insist on this look but no light blue pants with the white jersey?

They wore the light blue pants with the white jerseys Week 5 at Buffalo, so it’s not like they haven’t worn the white over light blue combo at all yet. 

719d51c9-cedd-4c99-a634-c39ebffa05b5-USA

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

They wore the light blue pants with the white jerseys Week 5 at Buffalo, so it’s not like they haven’t worn the white over light blue combo at all yet. 

719d51c9-cedd-4c99-a634-c39ebffa05b5-USA

We know they wore it once, but they clearly prefer the other 2 combos over this one with the white jersey.

First time the Jags have worn their black jerseys at all in Jacksonville (fifth time overall incl. preseason), although the “standard home combo” has yet to be seen on home soil (which might as well be a good thing). I kinda like this combo in a vacuum, though the teal real issue is clear.

On a lamer note, it was mentioned on their uniform reveal program that the color rush wasn’t seen this season as a “change of plans,” though they hope to “work it in next season.” Not looking forward to it.

2 hours ago, Gupti said:

On a lamer note, it was mentioned on their uniform reveal program that the color rush wasn’t seen this season as a “change of plans,” though they hope to “work it in next season.” Not looking forward to it.

Just for clarification, do you mean “color rush wasn’t seen” as in teal jerseys-pants-socks was never worn or do you mean that a 4th jersey will be unveiled later?

4 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

Going by this tweet, I presume Bucs are going color rush against Carolina this weekend.   You can see snippets of red shoulders and pewter numbers on the bottom left 

Other than the crappy mono, these work better than their normal reds because they don't have the big pewter brown-sometimes-gray-depending on the lighting yokes on them. They still suck cause of the alarm clock numbers but are a slight upgrade.

7 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Why do they insist on this look but no light blue pants with the white jersey?

In their last home game vs the Pats on 11/11, they wore this combo and pulled off a huge upset. I guess they believe they can get their second-straight home W in this kit.

Archived