canzman

2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

Recommended Posts

If the bucs do anything, they should at least change the number font. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Pengin. said:

If the bucs do anything, they should at least change the number font. 

Really, that (and making them choose between one of the two sleeve logos) is all I would do to their look. I think it’s far more salvageable than many say (although I also think that their previous uniforms are in the running for the most overrated uniforms in history, so most of all I just don’t want to see those come back).

 

In fact, IMO most bad uniforms in the NFL are really only a few steps away from being good. The only set that I would say should be completely scrapped, with no elements from the current staying, is the Titans. But not to go back to the Oilers look and/or name - a new look that embraces a codominance of navy and light blue, with red accents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Walter Sobchak said:

Three months into the season and the Panthers have yet to wear their best look: black jerseys and silver pants. This sucks.

They should only do the all black like twice a season. Keep it fresh, just use it in primetime or big games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Froob said:

They should only do the all black like twice a season. Keep it fresh, just use it in primetime or big games.

 

Or never. I can't stand that look. Black pants with blue jersey is fine, but the standard blue jersey combo should be used the maximum times it can. Black over silver or white the rest of the time at home, except when they wear white of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Michael Bolton said:

 

Or never. I can't stand that look. Black pants with blue jersey is fine, but the standard blue jersey combo should be used the maximum times it can. Black over silver or white the rest of the time at home, except when they wear white of course.

Cmon you really don’t like it? To each their own I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think Panthers have worn silver pants any this season. I hate the black pants w any jersey combo. All whites today vs TB. A very clean & sharp look (blk on silver still my fav). 

 

Not a a fan of the last 3-4 weeks of PJ color rushes. Give me traditional look NFL unis. 

 

... and Cory Michael Smith has crafted a nice Riddler in the Gotham series. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2018 at 8:07 AM, goforbroke said:

Week 13:

Great double throwback Bills vs Dolphins matchup this week
Bucs, Texans, and belated Cowboys in color rush
and Cowboys were the only team wearing white at home (color rush) this week

 

If the NFL do away with this ridiculous one-helmet shell rule I'd like to see more Bills at Dolphins type matchups like we got in 2009 for AFL-50 Legacy.  It's so much better when BOTH teams are in throwbacks like we got it  that 2009 season, along with the Cowboys at Chiefs game (Dallas Cowboys at Dallas Texans)

 

Brandon+Flowers+football+player+San+Dieg

 

 

 

Pierre+Woods+Tennesee+Titans+v+New+Engla

 

september-14-2009-oakland-raiders-runnin

 

Matt+Cassel+Dallas+Cowboys+v+Kansas+City

 

27-september-2009-tennessee-titans-runni

 

 

 

090809_ChrisHenryMarcusBuggs_h.jpg

 

 

broncos-chargers.jpg

 

 

20091019_095506_Broncos_500.jpg

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2018 at 8:43 AM, bowld said:

Believe Ravens will be in white over purple in ATL

Ravens in white over black today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ARTnSocal said:

 

If the NFL do away with this ridiculous one-helmet shell rule I'd like to see more Bills at Dolphins type matchups like we got in 2009 for AFL-50 Legacy.  It's so much better when BOTH teams are in throwbacks like we got it  that 2009 season, along with the Cowboys at Chiefs game (Dallas Cowboys at Dallas Texans)

 

Brandon+Flowers+football+player+San+Dieg

 

 

 

Pierre+Woods+Tennesee+Titans+v+New+Engla

 

september-14-2009-oakland-raiders-runnin

 

Matt+Cassel+Dallas+Cowboys+v+Kansas+City

 

27-september-2009-tennessee-titans-runni

 

 

 

090809_ChrisHenryMarcusBuggs_h.jpg

 

 

broncos-chargers.jpg

 

 

20091019_095506_Broncos_500.jpg

 

 

 

 

It really is sad when 40+ year old uniforms look better than their current day counterparts. I think of all the professional leagues, the NFL is the worst offender of this. 

 

Sans those broncos monstrosities 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Texans in color rush today with a memorial patch over the left. It's odd how the CR has grown on me. It must be the codominance red and navy. Or having only one loss them.

 

EDIT: not undefeated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That AFL Anniversary season was such a fun time. THEY EVEN HAD THE REFS DRESS IN RED! So much effort was put into that and I fear we’ll never get something like it again. I wanna see this again for the NFL 100th because we can get so many unique throwback matchups. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ashes of Astroworld said:

Texans in color rush today with a memorial patch over the left. It's odd how the CR has grown on me. It must be the codominance red and navy. Or being undefeated them.

They aren’t undefeated in them, they lost to the brissett lead patriots in their first game in them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jets are in white over green with green socks. They’ve been always good about sock color, but it’s a lame duck uniform anyway. I’m starting to think, this is the nfl’s way of letting teams go crazy with uniforms without going crazy over a 16 game season. They let you do pretty much everything but change the helmet shell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did the Chargers and Oilers wear the same shade of light blue in 2009?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dont care said:

They aren’t undefeated in them, they lost to the brissett lead patriots in their first game in them

 

I stand corrected.

 

Undefeated with Deshawn Watson wearing them.

 

Though they can use some contrast.

 

colorush-contrast.png

croverwhite.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Ashes of Astroworld said:

 

I stand corrected.

 

Undefeated with Deshawn Watson wearing them.

 

Though they can use some contrast.

 

colorush-contrast.png

croverwhite.png

Texans wore white vs the Patriots, Pats were in color rush.

 

Texans color rush looks sick with the red pants btw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.