2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

If you go to the Browns twitter post of the uniforms for tonight, you'll see that pretty much every reply is a complaint that the team keeps wearing all white, so hopefully that does something for us. I never got why everyone hates these uniforms. Is it simply because of the orange numbers? I'd rather they wear brown jerseys since it's their color and it's unique. As many of my posts indicate, I absolutely can't stand white at home, especially in non-divisional games.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

If you go to the Browns twitter post of the uniforms for tonight, you'll see that pretty much every reply is a complaint that the team keeps wearing all white, so hopefully that does something for us. I never got why everyone hates these uniforms. Is it simply because of the orange numbers? I'd rather they wear brown jerseys since it's their color and it's unique. As many of my posts indicate, I absolutely can't stand white at home, especially in non-divisional games.

The brown jersey is a nightmare.  There were complaints from the first about how illegible the numbers are.  The team's total abandonment of them seems to be a pretty clear admission that they know they completely crapped the bed with this set.

51 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The brown jersey is a nightmare.  There were complaints from the first about how illegible the numbers are.  The team's total abandonment of them seems to be a pretty clear admission that they know they completely crapped the bed with this set.

Which is why I don't understand why the team approved of them if they hate them so much. Doesn't make sense. But turns out they are actually wearing brown pants tonight

1 hour ago, NFLfan10 said:

Which is why I don't understand why the team approved of them if they hate them so much. Doesn't make sense. But turns out they are actually wearing brown pants tonight

Wearing brown socks with those brown pants is ridiculous 

2 hours ago, S316 said:

By the way the Saints are wearing black jerseys at home tonight

They started doing that full-time (regular and preseason and postseason) last year. I'm just wondering what white jersey they will wear when the host the Eagles in November--the regular one or the color rush?

6 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Not even that, they just stopped wearing different uniform combos altogether last season.

Here's a look at what they wore in 2016 which was the last time they supposedly believed in the uniforms.

2016_Cleveland.png

Compare that with 2017.

2017_Cleveland.png

bSLCtu2.png

16 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

Wearing brown socks with those brown pants is ridiculous 

The orange socks always look horrible, so I'm fine with them wearing brown regardless of the pants color. Why they don't have striped socks though is behind me. 

1st time the Panthers have gone white pants w blue jerseys. Normally it’s silver pants w the blue jersey. They have worn black, and blue pants (color rush) w the 3rd previously. 

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

42 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:
Why does the NFL automatically have to like every team's uniform? There is literally nothing about that uniform to be excited about aside from the helmet.

Ive defended the unis like no one else, though even I agree that they’re not supposed to be Instragrammed with fire emojis next to them like every other new uniform that gets unveiled is. That’s not the point of the uniform.

1 hour ago, Scrumptious Ham said:

Did you really just ask why won't the NFL talk trash about it's own product?

Did it ever cross your mind that the league also has the option of simply not commenting on them at all? That is also very possible and perhaps a better option than some transparent, cheesy tweet that will clearly result in backlash and people disagreeing.

38 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

Did it ever cross your mind that the league also has the option of simply not commenting on them at all? That is also very possible and perhaps a better option than some transparent, cheesy tweet that will clearly result in backlash and people disagreeing.

That’s not how business works, 

3 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Why does the NFL automatically have to like every team's uniform? There is literally nothing about that uniform to be excited about aside from the helmet.

More important than the NFL's motivations or the overuse of the fire emoji is the fact that this combo sucks balls.

The teal jersey can work, even if it's overall a boring design. But this blank white nonsense is lame.

25 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

More important than the NFL's motivations or the overuse of the fire emoji is the fact that this combo sucks balls.

The teal jersey can work, even if it's overall a boring design. But this blank white nonsense is lame.

Exactly my point, but internet folk will try to create an argument out of anything these days

4 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

I agree that presenting them in the modern fire emoji-style is a bit out of place, though I've also considered that maybe they don't hate them like some folks here expect that everyone should, and that maybe they aren't just choking out hollow praises through gritted teeth for cryptic marketing hoo-hah. The people like white; "stormtrooper" looks in college football have always gotten support for reasons beyond me. It's also not like they posted anything about the more interesting combo last week either.

Archived