2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

4 hours ago, Pauly said:

The league was very generous in waiving previous rules regarding uniforms as with the Rams,Ravens,and Dolphins all getting waivers on uniform choices.

You're right and I hope this doesn't lead to the NFL following the NBA Bulls*&t.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, bowld said:

Ravens going black jersey with purple pants 

On Friday, their website and Facebook page both said they were wearing purple jerseys.

I guess this was a bit of a curveball, like the new purple pants and the gold pants.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I was actually a huge fan of the Browns Ravens match up. The Browns hadn't worn white/brown since Week 2 and I've wanted to see that Ravens combo since the purple pants were unveiled. I think it works nicely and is a lot more interesting than any of the other black combinations since it actually has some purple in it.

The Colts Titans game also looked pretty good. It's a shame that if the Titans won, they almost certainly would've worn white/columbia at Houston.

The Ravens have to be the best team at balancing out their uniform combos. They are so consistent and do not seem to favor any combo over another. I like how you never know what you're gonna get.

17 hours ago, shstpt1 said:

My problem with these are the socks, and the pants stripes don’t match the other two sets. 

Players NEVER wear striped socks the way they are supposed to, so it looks super sloppy and in professional to me. Either everyone wears the socks stripes like they are intended to look, or wear solid socks instead. 

id say thats the start of the uniforms problems. im all for a re-design here, top to bottom. but given the choices they have right now, i really like the yellow pants that complete a unique uniform color set.

agreed that uniform rules should be more strict or at least enforced. thats a whole other thing though; so many players are out here looking sloppy. i dont think the answer is “no stripes socks” but to just enforce the rules that are set with fines

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

So we all know the NFC representative this year is the designated home team, even though the Patriots chose to wear their white jerseys (road look) as the HOME team in last year’s SB. What does that possibly leave us with? If the Saints make the SB is all black monochrome combo inevitable? It would be likely unfortunately, even though their traditional home look would look beautiful on the big stage.

I’m really sorry if it’s been mentioned before, but what do y’all think the LA Rams will rock as their home look in the playoffs? Last year’s home game was in all white, but I wasn’t sure if the leniency the NFL has given them with the throwbacks would cross into the playoffs. That is, if LA would even wanna rock the throwbacks in the playoffs. Moving down, the Bears or Cowboys home-looks for a potential SB should be predictable (and pretty good looking). I do see @slats7 mention above about the Boys rocking all-white.

Then we got the Seahawks, who if they have a playoff run in them will be rocking monochrome home Unis, and then their away looks. Who knows if they’d want to ride superstition into the SB and wear their road look if they made it. For a whole lot of reasons (last Super Bowl win, the wins leading up to their appearance this year). The Eagles will likely be in white all playoffs but would probably wanna rock their traditional green home uniforms in the SB. 

With the AFC being the designated away team, they’ll have to flow with whatever the NFC team chooses. All I know is, bearable (above average niceness) road looks in the AFC could really hinge on the opponent. For example the Saints in all black would really dampen matchups against all teams, but especially the Chiefs, Pats, Texans & Ravens (black pants? dear god). Looks like LAC and Indy are rocking the monochrome whites throughout, which would be a nice representation of a super bowl in 2019 /s. 

I think Chiefs @ Bears in their traditional looks would be one of the best possibilities. What does everyone else think? 

On 12/30/2018 at 6:23 PM, Ashes of Astroworld said:

Last seen in 2010. I wish they bring them back next year with a navy stripe instead of the white, ditch our original navy pants and use the CR pants with red socks. 

Wish they pulled a Cowboys and used the color rush pants. Contrasting socks made the brown pants look good as they can though.

On 12/30/2018 at 1:45 PM, Froob said:

Eww this black over purple does not work at all. Maybe it’ll grow on me..

I would rather have this look instead, Even though Lamar played the game without sleeves or wristbands, I have a concept of him wearing them with the black over white look from last night's game instead of black over purple.

ypXksWi.jpg

The NFL softened the formally hardcore uniform rules this year, and it has largely resulted in ugly uniforms, loss of continuity, and generally bad decisions. At one time, each team could have just one alternate jersey, and it could only be worn twice, and only at home.  Then, the mostly nasty color rush nonsense was imposed on every team, but at least it was relegated to Thursday nights, when no one was watching anyway.  This year, the floodgates have opened, and it hasn't been good.  Teams have up to four jerseys, and are wearing alts three times. They are mixing multiple pants options, and breaking up color rush sets to mix in with other pieces. Ghastly. Here's what we've been "blessed" with;

• The Panthers have apparently not even worn their actual primary combination set this year.
  • At this point, haven't got a clue what the Jaguars and Titans primaries even are.
  • The Texans dragged out their truly bad color rush on consecutive weeks.
  • The Chargers and Saints have joined the ranks of the monochrome morons, founded in Seattle (thanks for that, a-holes).
  • The Browns, Ravens, and Titans have so many mix and match combination possibilities, the early 2000's version of the Oregon Ducks think they should really dial it back.

And some of you think it would be a good idea to abolish the (blessed and holy) One Helmet Rule?  Idiocy. The (majestic and saintly) One Helmet Rule is the only thing keeping the NFL from looking as chaotic and ridiculous as college football,or, even worse, Nike's NBA.

But, at least I can be proud of my Minnesota Vikings. (Oh, not on the field, where they ended the season in dismal fashion, of course.) But as far as uniform choices go, the Vikings have made me proud again this year by wearing ONE home uniform - P/P/W/P, and ONE road uniform - P/W/P/P, and that is it. No other NFL team has done this. Every other team... every other team in the League has indulged in at least one throwback, or color rush, or surprise pants, or monochrome mix in. All of them, including all the classic uniform snob teams like the Packers, Colts, and Raiders... they all gave in at least once. But not the Vikings.  And not just this year, but last year, too.  In 2018 and in 2017, they were the only NFL team to wear just two uniform combinations.  Waaaay way back in week 13 of 2016, more then two full years ago, on a (hopefully) poorly watched Thursday night game, they wore for the one and only time their nauseating color rush abominations (actually no more or less ugly than most other equally nauseating color rush uniforms) and, I'm assuming, burned them. At least that's what I'm hoping.

So, sure... we were a major disappointment on the field. Sure, we overpaid for a Quarterback. Yes, we can't kick extra points. OK, we've never, to my memory, won a challenge. BUT we are the last ones... the only ones left, who still know how to dress like an actual damn NFL team!  ONE helmet!  ONE home jersey! ONE road jersey! TWO pairs of pants, and ONLY TWO UNIFORM COMBINATIONS!! That's how it's done, Beeyotches!

(And this is after Stefon Diggs, God bless him, tweeted during the preseason that he wanted to see the team wear all purple this year. And I'm pretty sure he meant all the time. Not only didn't they acquiesce to a star player, they didn't even wear it once.  They didn't even pull out the color rush thing that was designed to be monochrome. I love Diggs, but this is exactly the way all teams need to treat players when they start to push their way into these decisions. Just ignore them.)  

3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The NFL softened the formally hardcore uniform rules this year, and it has largely resulted in ugly uniforms, loss of continuity, and generally bad decisions. At one time, each team could have just one alternate jersey, and it could only be worn twice, and only at home.  Then, the mostly nasty color rush nonsense was imposed on every team, but at least it was relegated to Thursday nights, when no one was watching anyway.  This year, the floodgates have opened, and it hasn't been good.  Teams have up to four jerseys, and are wearing alts three times. They are mixing multiple pants options, and breaking up color rush sets to mix in with other pieces. Ghastly. Here's what we've been "blessed" with;

• The Panthers have apparently not even worn their actual primary combination set this year.
  • At this point, haven't got a clue what the Jaguars and Titans primaries even are.
  • The Chargers and Saints have joined the ranks of the monochrome morons, founded in Seattle (thanks for that, a-holes).
  • The Browns, Ravens, and Titans have so many mix and match combination possibilities, the early 2000's version of the Oregon Ducks think they should really dial it back.

I think the Panthers are just done with the silver now. New uniforms are probably coming for them and this stuff is just them testing the waters with what works on the field before they fully commit.

Jaguars and Titans have monochrome primary uniforms and I believe the Saints all black has been their designated home for quite awhile now. I can't tell you what the Chargers are doing though but I assume it has something to do with the SoCal weather.

bSLCtu2.png

e838916cb742859eb61fcd36a34d08e4.jpgWhy can’t the Cowboys wear their Color Rush jerseys with their true silver pants and navy blue socks?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

15 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

And some of you think it would be a good idea to abolish the (blessed and holy) One Helmet Rule?  Idiocy. The (majestic and saintly) One Helmet Rule is the only thing keeping the NFL from looking as chaotic and ridiculous as college football,or, even worse, Nike's NBA.

But, at least I can be proud of my Minnesota Vikings. (Oh, not on the field, where they ended the season in dismal fashion, of course.) But as far as uniform choices go, the Vikings have made me proud again this year by wearing ONE home uniform - P/P/W/P, and ONE road uniform - P/W/P/P, and that is it. No other NFL team has done this. Every other team... every other team in the League has indulged in at least one throwback, or color rush, or surprise pants, or monochrome mix in. All of them, including all the classic uniform snob teams like the Packers, Colts, and Raiders... they all gave in at least once. But not the Vikings.  And not just this year, but last year, too.  In 2018 and in 2017, they were the only NFL team to wear just two uniform combinations.  Waaaay way back in week 13 of 2016, more then two full years ago, on a (hopefully) poorly watched Thursday night game, they wore for the one and only time their nauseating color rush abominations (actually no more or less ugly than most other equally nauseating color rush uniforms) and, I'm assuming, burned them. At least that's what I'm hoping.

So, sure... we were a major disappointment on the field. Sure, we overpaid for a Quarterback. Yes, we can't kick extra points. OK, we've never, to my memory, won a challenge. BUT we are the last ones... the only ones left, who still know how to dress like an actual damn NFL team!  ONE helmet!  ONE home jersey! ONE road jersey! TWO pairs of pants, and ONLY TWO UNIFORM COMBINATIONS!! That's how it's done, Beeyotches!

(And this is after Stefon Diggs, God bless him, tweeted during the preseason that he wanted to see the team wear all purple this year. And I'm pretty sure he meant all the time. Not only didn't they acquiesce to a star player, they didn't even wear it once.  They didn't even pull out the color rush thing that was designed to be monochrome. I love Diggs, but this is exactly the way all teams need to treat players when they start to push their way into these decisions. Just ignore them.)  

Am i the only one liking the softened unis rules ?? I really like how teams are pulling out new looks

11 hours ago, gothedistance said:

I wish the Seahawks wear the navy tops over gray pants combo. It's a crime they go away from it.

Seahawks have worn all navy both times they've played in Dallas with these uniforms and they haven't worn navy over grey since they lost to the Panthers in them in the playoffs 

Archived