2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

16 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The NFL softened the formally hardcore uniform rules this year, and it has largely resulted in ugly uniforms, loss of continuity, and generally bad decisions. At one time, each team could have just one alternate jersey, and it could only be worn twice, and only at home.  Then, the mostly nasty color rush nonsense was imposed on every team, but at least it was relegated to Thursday nights, when no one was watching anyway.  This year, the floodgates have opened, and it hasn't been good.  Teams have up to four jerseys, and are wearing alts three times. They are mixing multiple pants options, and breaking up color rush sets to mix in with other pieces. Ghastly. Here's what we've been "blessed" with;

• The Panthers have apparently not even worn their actual primary combination set this year.
  • At this point, haven't got a clue what the Jaguars and Titans primaries even are.
  • The Texans dragged out their truly bad color rush on consecutive weeks.
  • The Chargers and Saints have joined the ranks of the monochrome morons, founded in Seattle (thanks for that, a-holes).
  • The Browns, Ravens, and Titans have so many mix and match combination possibilities, the early 2000's version of the Oregon Ducks think they should really dial it back.

And some of you think it would be a good idea to abolish the (blessed and holy) One Helmet Rule?  Idiocy. The (majestic and saintly) One Helmet Rule is the only thing keeping the NFL from looking as chaotic and ridiculous as college football,or, even worse, Nike's NBA.

But, at least I can be proud of my Minnesota Vikings. (Oh, not on the field, where they ended the season in dismal fashion, of course.) But as far as uniform choices go, the Vikings have made me proud again this year by wearing ONE home uniform - P/P/W/P, and ONE road uniform - P/W/P/P, and that is it. No other NFL team has done this. Every other team... every other team in the League has indulged in at least one throwback, or color rush, or surprise pants, or monochrome mix in. All of them, including all the classic uniform snob teams like the Packers, Colts, and Raiders... they all gave in at least once. But not the Vikings.  And not just this year, but last year, too.  In 2018 and in 2017, they were the only NFL team to wear just two uniform combinations.  Waaaay way back in week 13 of 2016, more then two full years ago, on a (hopefully) poorly watched Thursday night game, they wore for the one and only time their nauseating color rush abominations (actually no more or less ugly than most other equally nauseating color rush uniforms) and, I'm assuming, burned them. At least that's what I'm hoping.

So, sure... we were a major disappointment on the field. Sure, we overpaid for a Quarterback. Yes, we can't kick extra points. OK, we've never, to my memory, won a challenge. BUT we are the last ones... the only ones left, who still know how to dress like an actual damn NFL team!  ONE helmet!  ONE home jersey! ONE road jersey! TWO pairs of pants, and ONLY TWO UNIFORM COMBINATIONS!! That's how it's done, Beeyotches!

(And this is after Stefon Diggs, God bless him, tweeted during the preseason that he wanted to see the team wear all purple this year. And I'm pretty sure he meant all the time. Not only didn't they acquiesce to a star player, they didn't even wear it once.  They didn't even pull out the color rush thing that was designed to be monochrome. I love Diggs, but this is exactly the way all teams need to treat players when they start to push their way into these decisions. Just ignore them.)  

The Texans actually wore their color-rush for non-consecutive games--vs the Dolphins in October and vs the Browns in December. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The NFL softened the formally hardcore uniform rules this year, and it has largely resulted in ugly uniforms, loss of continuity, and generally bad decisions. At one time, each team could have just one alternate jersey, and it could only be worn twice, and only at home.  Then, the mostly nasty color rush nonsense was imposed on every team, but at least it was relegated to Thursday nights, when no one was watching anyway.  This year, the floodgates have opened, and it hasn't been good.  Teams have up to four jerseys, and are wearing alts three times. They are mixing multiple pants options, and breaking up color rush sets to mix in with other pieces. Ghastly. Here's what we've been "blessed" with;

• The Panthers have apparently not even worn their actual primary combination set this year.
  • At this point, haven't got a clue what the Jaguars and Titans primaries even are.
  • The Texans dragged out their truly bad color rush on consecutive weeks.
  • The Chargers and Saints have joined the ranks of the monochrome morons, founded in Seattle (thanks for that, a-holes).
  • The Browns, Ravens, and Titans have so many mix and match combination possibilities, the early 2000's version of the Oregon Ducks think they should really dial it back.

And some of you think it would be a good idea to abolish the (blessed and holy) One Helmet Rule?  Idiocy. The (majestic and saintly) One Helmet Rule is the only thing keeping the NFL from looking as chaotic and ridiculous as college football,or, even worse, Nike's NBA.

But, at least I can be proud of my Minnesota Vikings. (Oh, not on the field, where they ended the season in dismal fashion, of course.) But as far as uniform choices go, the Vikings have made me proud again this year by wearing ONE home uniform - P/P/W/P, and ONE road uniform - P/W/P/P, and that is it. No other NFL team has done this. Every other team... every other team in the League has indulged in at least one throwback, or color rush, or surprise pants, or monochrome mix in. All of them, including all the classic uniform snob teams like the Packers, Colts, and Raiders... they all gave in at least once. But not the Vikings.  And not just this year, but last year, too.  In 2018 and in 2017, they were the only NFL team to wear just two uniform combinations.  Waaaay way back in week 13 of 2016, more then two full years ago, on a (hopefully) poorly watched Thursday night game, they wore for the one and only time their nauseating color rush abominations (actually no more or less ugly than most other equally nauseating color rush uniforms) and, I'm assuming, burned them. At least that's what I'm hoping.

So, sure... we were a major disappointment on the field. Sure, we overpaid for a Quarterback. Yes, we can't kick extra points. OK, we've never, to my memory, won a challenge. BUT we are the last ones... the only ones left, who still know how to dress like an actual damn NFL team!  ONE helmet!  ONE home jersey! ONE road jersey! TWO pairs of pants, and ONLY TWO UNIFORM COMBINATIONS!! That's how it's done, Beeyotches!

(And this is after Stefon Diggs, God bless him, tweeted during the preseason that he wanted to see the team wear all purple this year. And I'm pretty sure he meant all the time. Not only didn't they acquiesce to a star player, they didn't even wear it once.  They didn't even pull out the color rush thing that was designed to be monochrome. I love Diggs, but this is exactly the way all teams need to treat players when they start to push their way into these decisions. Just ignore them.)  

OldSchoolVikings . . Your boasting is plentiful, but until your Vikings get some white striped socks (with striping as similar to the jersey sleeves as possible), to wear with those purple pants I wouldn't sing too much praise to the consistency of the Minnesota Vikings uniforms.

Purple socks with purple pants?

Not good.

3 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

OldSchoolVikings . . Your boasting is plentiful, but until your Vikings get some white striped socks (with striping as similar to the jersey sleeves as possible), to wear with those purple pants I wouldn't sing too much praise to the consistency of the Minnesota Vikings uniforms.

Purple socks with purple pants?

Not good.

I agree completely about the socks .. my post had nothing to do with the specific merits of the uniform... Just that there are the proper number of combinations. Two. Period. As God intended.

6 hours ago, s3ahawkz said:

Seahawks have worn all navy both times they've played in Dallas with these uniforms and they haven't worn navy over grey since they lost to the Panthers in them in the playoffs 

Wow, they've also worn that combo every time they've played. In the entire history of this match up, both team has worn their primary home look; Cowboys always in whites, Seahawks always in monochrome blue (2002-2018) or blue over silver (1976-2001). Well now I'm rooting for the Seahawks to wear blue monochrome since that's amazingly standardized amidst the Color Rush and alternate age we live in.

Source: http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=head-to-head&team_id_a=DAL&team_id_b=SEA 

2 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

That's a first, alternates usually aren't allowed in the playoffs.

The Ravens seemed to be getting all sorts of exceptions with their alternates. I really hope they do it with purple pants again. Otherwise its gonna be all white and black elements aside from LA's socks. (Yes, they have announced white on white yet again, that uniform that is so great they barely even wore it for the first 10 years they had these uniforms)

2 hours ago, BMoreBlackBirds said:

Ravens in black this weekend for the Wild Card...

Source: https://www.baltimoreravens.com/game-day/

Interesting.

For what it's worth, that same part of their website said last Friday that they were wearing purple jerseys against the Browns.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

2 hours ago, Chawls said:

I just clicked on that link and it said they’re wearing purple. 

My son told me the same thing.

Good thing . . . his purple Lamar Jackson jersey won't look out of the place when he goes to the game*.

*  -- I'm not jealous.  Really.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

2 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

Prior to today it said black.

I believe you.  Last Friday, it said purple . . . and we know how that turned out.

5 hours ago, Nick72Phins said:

I do that in madden actually.

Can you post a pic of how it looks in the game? 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

^Yep, they announced it on twitter earlier:

This is easily their best colored uniform combo, and maybe even their best combo overall. Nice to see them finally break it out again, though it’d be nice to see them break it out at home some time as well.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived