Jacksonville Jaguars Uniform Documentary

TSHARE18

2 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

can confirm a lot of players have said they like "when the jersey matches the pants". and so many of these guys have probably played in that kind of combination since high-school; its normal for them

yea thats sounds like complete non-sense. as if a big ass Braisher stripe (Packers, browns, Saints, 49ers) down the center of the helmet would be any different

I know teams often add stripes to their QB's at practice for film purposes.. I don't doubt the legitimacy of the claim at all

2 hours ago, WavePunter said:

I know teams often add stripes to their QB's at practice for film purposes.. I don't doubt the legitimacy of the claim at all

yes, but i dont buy that film review, where you can control the speed of the tape and focus on a single player, translates to the field and real time play

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

16 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

can confirm a lot of players have said they like "when the jersey matches the pants". and so many of these guys have probably played in that kind of combination since high-school; its normal for them

It would be interesting to set up an NFL series where every team's jersey always matches the pants like baseball or basketball. 

11 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Not exactly. The looks would remain normal below the knee and we'd be talking about regular jerseys and pants. 

the colts, bears, jets, jags, titans and panthers all look like either their primary jerseys or alternates. Others are based on classic uniforms. The Steelers are based on their 60s yellow helmet look, Broncos based on the Elway era uniforms, the Giants and Rams their 90s uniforms. The Raiders and Saints literally wear all white

2 minutes ago, a-a-ron_balaky said:

the colts, bears, jets, jags, titans and panthers all look like either their primary jerseys or alternates. Others are based on classic uniforms. The Steelers are based on their 60s yellow helmet look, Broncos based on the Elway era uniforms, the Giants and Rams their 90s uniforms. The Raiders and Saints literally wear all white

True but there's a difference between this:

ap_17253716298152.jpg?quality=85&strip=a

and this:

170927-how-watch-bears-950.jpg

20 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

and this:

The difference is that the you see the first one a couple of times a week anyways. I have no idea how the league would market that to the general public; it’s so boring.

20 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

yes, but i dont buy that film review, where you can control the speed of the tape and focus on a single player, translates to the field and real time play

As a coach at the college level (albeit division-II), I don't doubt the legitimacy of the claim.. This is not an issue I've had to deal with on a weekly basis for the past 5 years, so I'm sure of all the intricacies and nuances that they may have to deal with, and all the various situations that have come up multiple times (or even just once) where they felt like a visual disadvantage was created - for example: linemen blocking on a team like the 49ers, whether all blocking down, or blocking opposite ways to open a hole, you get the same visual either way (helmet facing left or helmet facing right both look very similar), whereas the Jaguars' helmets give away the "hole" visually to defenders by having two gold segments nearest each other.. 

Not the best example, I know.. But the fact that I could come up with a possible disadvantage this quickly illustrates that there may be some legitimacy to the claim.. 

I don't think it's a HUGE issue, or they wouldn't have been in the conference title game, but I can imagine certain situations where it does provide some help to their opponents, whether strictly on film, or in real time as well.. Although it's safe to say that we all know the primary reason for the change is because the 2-tone helmet was a dumpster fire

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Literally everything below the knee is different and that matters when you view a uniform in the game. 

I mean, yeah, the socks are different but I have no idea how you’d propose this as a new series adjacent to color rush when that sort of matchup is not really new to people. The Jaguars alone participated in four such games by accident. How would the general public be excited for “both teams wear pants and jerseys that are the same color” week? I think they’d be very confused by it. It’s basically color rush but less fun (for the people out there that find color rush fun). How would you market this?

4 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

and this:

The top one Bears look is passable once in a while because of contrasting socks, the bottom one needs to F off forever.

2 hours ago, Gupti said:

I mean, yeah, the socks are different but I have no idea how you’d propose this as a new series adjacent to color rush when that sort of matchup is not really new to people. The Jaguars alone participated in four such games by accident. How would the general public be excited for “both teams wear pants and jerseys that are the same color” week? I think they’d be very confused by it. It’s basically color rush but less fun (for the people out there that find color rush fun). How would you market this?

Oh I meant as a concept series. Basically picturing a theoretical NFL where every team went mono as their standard home/away uniform for every game. 

I think Bears mono looks really good.  Wouldn't get my vote for primary, but it's still good - even with the dark socks.

I'd like to see the pants stripe be reversed, so that it better matches the shoulder stripe and helmet logo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 5/9/2018 at 12:51 PM, Scrumptious Ham said:

Those "slight clues" are a world of difference to a professional athlete. Don't scoff at it because the 12 year olds you coach don't know what to do with it. 

Or the 17-18 year olds we put in college programs every year.  Maybe you’re right, though.  Of course, I could just ask the tight end we have in the NFL right now...

On 5/10/2018 at 8:41 PM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Oh I meant as a concept series. Basically picturing a theoretical NFL where every team went mono as their standard home/away uniform for every game. 

Somewhere in the archives of this Creamerite universe exists two separate threads in two separate subforums both entitled "NFL Monochrome Madness". Find and peruse at your own risk...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived