Kentucky Fans Check No to Checkerboard Uniforms

Kentucky Fans Check No to Checkerboard Uniforms

May 10, 2018 - 18:59 PM

The Kentucky Wildcats have been wearing a checkerboard pattern on their uniforms for a decade now; it was originally introduced in 2008 as a subtle addition to the basketball uniforms in tribute to Kentucky Derby and Triple Crown legend Secretariat. […]

Read More...

This was a prime example of nike forcing their design on an athletic program that had absolutely no need for brand enhancement. In addition to the obvious conflict with Tennessee tying your school's identity to a damn racehorse with zero ties to the university. Imagine if Indiana University made Al Unser's firesuit design focal point of their athletics uniforms.

I got one guy that writes me an email — when we go on the road, we wear white uniforms, which is by rule, we have to wear the white uniform. He says, ‘You’ve worn white. You’re already surrendering before you’ve ever taken the field.’ I said, ‘That’s great, buddy. I really appreciate you understanding the rules of college football.’ That’s the mindset of what I deal with.

That's the kind of guy who calls into PAAAWWWLLL's show. I guarantee it.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived