Major League Hockey: MLS/MLB/NFL/NBA Crossover (NYJ Added!)

ldconcepts

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Dang those OCHC uniforms are awesome

Certainly couldn't get any more purple, that's for sure.

Great work on the NYCFC and Houston.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

Next up is the Philadelphia Union.

Philadelphia+Union+Concept.png

I based the striping off the pattern in the background of their current primary logo, but ditched in in favour of their simpler secondary logo. I matched the name and numbers to their wordmark, and used a slight gradient on the gold striping.

What do you think? C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the long break, but I'm back with a concept for the Timbers!

Portland+Timbers+Concept.png

On the sleeves and hem, I used the thin-thick-thin yellow pattern from the logo, and outlined it in green on the white jerseys. The back numbers match the logo outlines, and the TV numbers are overlaid on the striping, matching the T in the logo.

What do you think? C&C Appreciated!

(This is also the concept I’m using for the semi-finals of the HJC Open on Monday along with a yellow alternate jersey, so I’d also appreciate any votes)

Nyzv9xS.png

Kansas City looks great! The striping is fun and appropriate for the team. If you're up for it, I'd love to see an argyle or Wizards throwback third!

I'm not super fond of your set for my Sounders, but I get pretty picky about my team. I, personally, am not a fan of the gray, and I prefer a lot of blue. Maybe a blue, sleeve-length yoke, ala Winnipeg Jets, or at least blue below all the stripes and a blue collar. I'd go with white numbers at home.

Still, I'd be curious to see a blue third, as suggested by @HecEdHooligan, or a teal fauxback, maybe in Islanders fish-sticks style.

San Jose is pretty out there, but it's cool. I'd consider adding a single stripe on the hem and sleeve cuffs, though.

Salt Lake's nice. I like the striping on the away, and I like the no white at home.

Portland is fine as-is, but a bit plain. I'd try it in their darker green and old gold that they've been bringing back recently, OR make the striping white-lime-white at home to match this set. I'd  also desaturate the lime a bit, though.

Philadelphia's set is absolutely perfect! Great idea to use the shield secondary.

Good work! If you're up for it, the MLB would be cool.

Guest darkpiranha

Whenever anyone on these boards says "I can't do nice graphics because I don't have Photoshop", this video should always be the first response.  

As a fellow Paint.net user, I appreciate your work so much more now. Not that it was bad in the first place, but whenever I see someone with professional-level design skills also using a free product, it makes me just feel good.

KINDA UNRELATED: What screen recording app did you use? I've been thinking of doing the same sort of thing for some time now.

7 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

KINDA UNRELATED: What screen recording app did you use? I've been thinking of doing the same sort of thing for some time now.

With Windows 10, pressing the Windows key + G opens up a screen recording bar.

Nyzv9xS.png

The striping on Toronto's away is really great! The home, without the outermost stripes, feels a bit too simple... Maybe try white-red-gray-red-white? Also, that away would look pretty great in TFC's 2016 away colors.

Vancouver looks fine in a vacuum, but the Whitecaps already have the perfect hockey jersey striping, as a chest stripe or not.

What a fun series! I'd love to see some alternates/throwbacks, or FC Cincy + Nashville + Miami, and I look forward to seeing the MLB!

Archived