Teams that won a championship with their WORST uniform set

kimball

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, McGlinchey23 said:

I don't really dislike these uniforms, but any of their previous sets are better.

20080124__20080125_d01_sp25fbnbronx_p1.j

dHGrEUY.jpgReally? ANY of them are better?

O

10 hours ago, truepg said:

Was about to post the Cavs myself, but it's kinda yes and no at the same time. With the disaster of a uniform set they had at the time, there wasn't an option that would've been better. The only thing is that it was a sleeved jersey. I remember being happy that they wore that particular set for the clincher at the time, of all options.

Funny.  I’m the opposite.  They probably did win in the worst individual uniform they ever have worn.  But the primaries from that era are my favorite Cavs uniforms.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

4 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

This thread is absurd.  Even subjectively, I don't see how 90% of these qualify as the teams' "worst uniform".  For most, it's not even close, even if you account for differences in personal taste.  It's more "teams that won a title in a uniform I didn't really like."

I actually think a lot of these are legit-Mavs, Blazers, Seahawks.  And some others like Kings I don’t agree with but are reasonable.  It’s more difficult to make such assertions with older teams like the Warriors and Eagles.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

23 hours ago, Hat Boy said:

You know that this existed, right?

Chris-Mills-Larry-Hughes-Golden-State-Wa

I said it was probably an unpopular opinion :D

But, yeah, I think these are better than what Golden State wears now. I don't think these are exactly "good", but they were at least unique. Their current set looks like someone took a lazily designed logo and slapped it on an Eastbay catalog template.

1 hour ago, Shumway said:

But, yeah, I think these are better than what Golden State wears now. I don't think these are exactly "good", but they were at least unique. Their current set looks like someone took a lazily designed logo and slapped it on an Eastbay catalog template.

I agree completely. The current set has some good ideas but bad execution. The color balance is weird. The bay bridge cables just look odd.

And how can we forget copperplate numbers???

2 hours ago, Shumway said:

The only way the Warriors uniforms aren't unique is because everyone else has followed them in wearing big logos on their jerseys.

10 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Considering the toilet seat collar and the all black yoga pants, I think the 2012 Ravens qualify:

20130203_jla_usa_371.0.jpg

I will always stand up for black pants on the Ravens, Saints and Jaguars...but the collar really does look stupid and that's the only reason I'll agree with this.

Are these otherwise objectively better?

super-bowl-package-ravens.jpg

Not sure. Also, look fat Tony Siragusa was.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

18 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

I think those are much better. I like the stripes on the pants and socks. Looks like a much cleaner look (well, cleaner before Tony played in the mud) 

Played in the mud? I thought he just ate 16 sloppy joes.

On 5/11/2018 at 5:17 PM, Point1 said:

I posted the 2017 Penguins cup in the best thread, so it's only fitting to go with:

sid.jpg

Easily the worst uniform to be associated with a Stanley Cup...  And it happened twice!

19 minutes ago, Morgo said:

Easily the worst uniform to be associated with a Stanley Cup...  And it happened twice!

It could have been avoided the second time. Of course San Jose had to extend the thing by a game only to get manhandled at home. Good job Sharks :P 

21 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

I actually think a lot of these are legit-Mavs, Blazers, Seahawks.  And some others like Kings I don’t agree with but are reasonable.  It’s more difficult to make such assertions with older teams like the Warriors and Eagles.

Since everyone has been PMing me and my phone has been ringing off the hook, I'll go ahead and expand on my earlier statement by commenting on each post in this thread:

Green = whether I agree or not, it's a reasonable argument and comes down to subjective tastes.

Red = so silly of a position that whoever posted it should be banned from the forum, be subject to a psychological evaluation, and be prohibited from ever owning weapons.

1977 Blazers: Reasonable argument to make.  I'd argue that their Rip City is far worse than these red ones with the vertical wordmark..
2007 Ducks: Reasonable argument to make.  I don't agree, as I despise their jade / eggplant set with the childrens' cartoon logo.

2017 Pens: Vehemently disagree.  While I hate the 2017 white uniform too, both the 72-73 set and the gradient robopen uniform were far worse, and I don't see too much room for debate there.
1979 Pirates: Reasonable argument to make.  I'd argue that the jersey with the double-pinstripes is far worse than what they actually won in, but I get it. 
2017 Eagles: Vehemently disagree.  Even if you prefer the original baby blue and yellow uniforms, and all of the kelly green sets, I'd say that the 1996 version of midnight green - specifically the white unifrom - were far far far worse than what they won in.
LA Kings - more than vehemently disagree.  Those were worse than BURGER KING?????  Also, all of the purple-black era - especially the set with the giant silver collar, and the black jersey with the wordmark on the hem, were far worse.  These weren't as good as the late Gretzky era, but worst in their history?  An exaggeration by any measure. 

2016 Cavs - No doubt.  No room for debate here.
Seahawks: Reasonable argument, so OK.  I totally disagree, as I actually love this look and think that some of their original sets were far worse, and the sets with the jumbo numbers were worse, and the double-blue era was worse (though i still like it.)
2003 Marlins: OK, though I think their fish-mascot-on-chest jersey was worse, but this is really really bad.

Recent GSW: LOLOLOLOLOL.  Robo-warrior lightning-bolt uniforms were better?
2011 Mavs: Vehemently disagree.  There's a lot of nostalgia for their early uniforms, but 1) THE TRASHBAGS??? and 2) the early green set was a disaster of mismatched elements and would be ridiculed if it was still in use.

1998 Broncos: I get it, and I want to agree, but their brown / yellow were far worse.
2016 Cubs:  I HATE that they won in this, but they've worn some horrible uniforms in their >100 years, so it's simply not possible to say this was the worst.  It's really not even close.
2012 Ravens:  Agree, mostly because of the collars, since their look has been pretty consistent throughout the years.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived