Teams that won a championship with their WORST uniform set

kimball

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Since everyone has been PMing me and my phone has been ringing off the hook, I'll go ahead and expand on my earlier statement by commenting on each post in this thread:

Green = whether I agree or not, it's a reasonable argument and comes down to subjective tastes.

Red = so silly of a position that whoever posted it should be banned from the forum, be subject to a psychological evaluation, and be prohibited from ever owning weapons.

Recent GSW: LOLOLOLOLOL.  Robo-warrior lightning-bolt uniforms were better?

I'd say there's a better candidate for the Warriors' worst uniform:

warriors_floyd_87_240.jpg

The faux-western font, the lack of yellow (at least Basketball Sentai Warrioranger had color), and the desire to emphasize the "Golden State" name make it way worse. Still, the current Warriors' uniforms are better than nearly everything they've worn in their existence.

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Since everyone has been PMing me and my phone has been ringing off the hook, I'll go ahead and expand on my earlier statement by commenting on each post in this thread:

Green = whether I agree or not, it's a reasonable argument and comes down to subjective tastes.

Red = so silly of a position that whoever posted it should be banned from the forum, be subject to a psychological evaluation, and be prohibited from ever owning weapons.

1979 Pirates: Reasonable argument to make.  I'd argue that the jersey with the double-pinstripes is far worse than what they actually won in, but I get it. 

2016 Cubs:  I HATE that they won in this, but they've worn some horrible uniforms in their >100 years, so it's simply not possible to say this was the worst.  It's really not even close.

You are so not kidding about the double pinstripes.

Stargell.jpg

I still find it irksome that Stargell's Hall of Fame plaque immortalized this uniform set. He wore both the classic vests and the early-mid 1970s mustard gold uniforms, and was arguably a better player during those years.

As for the 2016 Cubs, we keep forgetting how awful it would have been had the team clinched in these road alts (retired after 2015), with their thin serif block numbers. At least the blue set used the team's distinctive number font.

Rizzo-CUBS.jpg

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

2017 Pens: Vehemently disagree.  While I hate the 2017 white uniform too, both the 72-73 set and the gradient robopen uniform were far worse, and I don't see too much room for debate there.

No room for debate?  The gradient jersey was awful for sure but at least the striping was somewhat rooted in traditional hockey aesthetics.  The first Edge template, on the other hand, was irredeemably hideous.  It boxed in the numbers, made the Vegas Gold look like Khaki and looked like a jumbled mess from every conceivable angle.

7 minutes ago, Morgo said:

No room for debate?  The gradient jersey was awful for sure but at least the striping was somewhat rooted in traditional hockey aesthetics.  The first Edge template, on the other hand, was irredeemably hideous.  It boxed in the numbers, made the Vegas Gold look like Khaki and looked like a jumbled mess from every conceivable angle.

do-you-need-this-persona-approval.jpg

https://goo.gl/images/2mspqN

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 minutes ago, johnnysama said:

mike-modano-and-joe-nieuwendyk-of-the-19

Could this be a candidate for their worst look ever? (From 1999)

Not even a little bit close. Try harder. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Also, all of the purple-black era - especially the set with the giant silver collar, and the black jersey with the wordmark on the hem, were far worse.

you wanna throw hands

53Ocz8U.png

14 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Considering the toilet seat collar and the all black yoga pants, I think the 2012 Ravens qualify:

20130203_jla_usa_371.0.jpg

Horrible look. I mean please add some stripes to the pants or socks (Heap at least has some white to break it up a bit) Just reminds me of ballet tights 

They really need to tidy that whole look up

Though I'd say the Ravens are one of the few teams where think the drop shadow looks good

4 hours ago, johnnysama said:

mike-modano-and-joe-nieuwendyk-of-the-19

Could this be a candidate for their worst look ever? (From 1999)

4 hours ago, Morgo said:

Nope

IDXHYA9.jpg

Z53FgSb.jpg

Prior to their current beautiful Victory green uniforms, the Stars had worn nothing but garbage since moving from Minnesota. 

On 5/12/2018 at 6:03 AM, truepg said:

Was about to post the Cavs myself, but it's kinda yes and no at the same time. With the disaster of a uniform set they had at the time, there wasn't an option that would've been better. The only thing is that it was a sleeved jersey. I remember being happy that they wore that particular set for the clincher at the time, of all options.

Their regular home and away sets were mediocre, but fine. Their blue alternate was legitimately good. But literally every design element on the black jersey - the color combination, the oversized "C", the sleeves - was awful.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

21 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

2017 Eagles: Vehemently disagree.  Even if you prefer the original baby blue and yellow uniforms, and all of the kelly green sets, I'd say that the 1996 version of midnight green - specifically the white unifrom - were far far far worse than what they won in.
LA Kings - more than vehemently disagree.  Those were worse than BURGER KING?????  Also, all of the purple-black era - especially the set with the giant silver collar, and the black jersey with the wordmark on the hem, were far worse.  These weren't as good as the late Gretzky era, but worst in their history?  An exaggeration by any measure. 

Uh, ok?

I think the current Eagles set is aesthetically better than the original mid-90s version, but they're worse when I take the context into play. The Eagles wearing almost-teal during the 90s was normal, but they've had plenty of time to rectify the situation and move back to their traditional colors.

I think Burger King is the worst individual uniform the Kings have worn, but we're talking about overall sets here. IMO, a jersey that was worn eight times isn't enough to drop the '95/'96 Kings set behind the awful current logo set. And I definitely prefer the purple/black era to any of their black/silver sets.

6fQjS3M.png

14 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

Germany 2014 would probably fit. Jerseys weren't bad but the white shorts were completely off-brand. Doesn't help that it's very difficult to find bad kits for Germany

germany_champions1.jpg

The banner font has to qualify for some sort of worst-of list, though.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Archived