Details in Logos You Feel Dumb About For Never Noticing Until Now

DCarp1231

On 5/14/2018 at 12:18 AM, panthers_2012 said:

I immediately thought of this College Game Day sign

DO7BqUmVoAAzz5y.jpg

I'm going to be honest, I never noticed that the Diamondbacks logo formed a snake, in the negative space, until a few years ago. I always thought it was a stylized A.

gnnnrbxcmjhdgeu6mavqk3945.png

I always saw that the A was a downward facing head of a snake with it's tongue (in profile) but never noticed the negative space also creating a snake head sorta. Interesting.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Cosmic said:

The Target logo reminds me of how the S in the Lowe’s logo doesn’t match the rest of the letters. You can never un-see it.

latest?cb=20150820221108

On top of this, the "L" and "E" have 90° angle corners, but "O" and "W" have rounded corners. It's just a mess.

On 5/12/2018 at 9:58 AM, ChicagoOakland said:

Ooh, this could be a good topic.

I feel stupid for not realizing the notch in Infiniti's logo is supposed to be a road traveling towards the horizon:

2000px-Infiniti_logo.svg.png

...and in sports, it took a while for me to grasp that the Carolina Panthers' logo is an abstract map of North and South Carolina.

uaTYS.jpg

Is there any sort of verifiable statement of intent from the designer or team on this?

The fact that you not only have to flip the logo upside down but also break its neck to even have a remote chance at explaining this makes it the worst Easter egg in any logo, ever.

Also, I just realized that the Panther looks like he’s wearing a barbershop cape. :lol:

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

2 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Is there any sort of verifiable statement of intent from the designer or team on this?

The fact that you not only have to flip the logo upside down but also break its neck to even have a remote chance at explaining this makes it the worst Easter egg in any logo, ever.

Also, I just realized that the Panther looks like he’s wearing a barbershop cape. :lol:

I mean, I REALLY had to squint to get it, but now that MY neck is broken trying to find it I can't unsee it. :D

Anyway, here's the best reference I could find on a moment's notice: http://www.thestate.com/news/local/article58739358.html

As well as this video sanctioned by the NFL: 

Notice how they say "loosely" haha.

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

On 5/26/2018 at 5:29 PM, andrewharrington said:

I don't think you need to flip it upside down and break its neck. After all, NC and SC together just sort of form a rough triangle, and so does the logo. There are plenty of interpretations that are more straightforward.

LebLY.pngh670hl.jpgreB3XYk.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

9 hours ago, whitedawg22 said:

I don't think you need to flip it upside down and break its neck. After all, NC and SC together just sort of form a rough triangle, and so does the logo. There are plenty of interpretations that are more straightforward.

LebLY.pngh670hl.jpgreB3XYk.jpg

There! That middle one! I still think it’s forced (and you have to flip the logo), but this does a much better job at illustrating the idea than any of the others, which make little sense.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

No idea how I missed it until just yesterday, but the negative space of the face opening of the Golden Knights logo forms a V. I just thought it was a helmet plopped onto a black shield and looked way too sparse to me until I noticed it.

Vegas-Golden-Knights-Logo.png

ICXC NIKA

19 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

There! That middle one! I still think it’s forced (and you have to flip the logo), but this does a much better job at illustrating the idea than any of the others, which make little sense.

From what I have been told, the neck is supposed to be in the shape of North Carolina while the head is supposed to be in the shape of South Carolina. If you could isolate those two shapes, they'd be a fairly similar shape of each state.

On 5/26/2018 at 5:29 PM, andrewharrington said:

It looks pretty obvious to me. Just like the others we all know and love.

15s229x.png

23 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

Never noticed that... gah!

Thats not egregious, though. The L and E certainly *could* have rounded corners, but by no means do they need to. An O is round; an E is square.

14 hours ago, RockyTopper said:

No idea how I missed it until just yesterday, but the negative space of the face opening of the Golden Knights logo forms a V. I just thought it was a helmet plopped onto a black shield and looked way too sparse to me until I noticed it.

Vegas-Golden-Knights-Logo.png

Yeah, I'm sitting in the Capital One Arena, an avid CCSLCer, cheering on the Caps, and it dawns on me...

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, DNAsports said:

The n is lower case while all the other letters are uppercase

7-eleven-brand.svg_.png

I know it's an old logo, but Wendy's used to be the same way, with the 'n' and 'y' in lower case and everything else in upper case.

latest?cb=20120801060239

Archived