Continental Confederation of Collegiate Conferences

gwl144

I just finished looking through that thread that was where everyone posted a fictional college, the Sportslogos College Athletic Association. While that was brilliant, it is dead. I intend to restart it under a different name. Same format, Name, nickname, location, colors, logo, fun facts, background under, but no rule on the metro cities. I have an idea so I'll start. It's visually a little rushed plus it's in paint. I'll work on it.

Name: Julio Lobo University (Universidad de Julio Lobo)

Nickname: Reyes (Kings) 

Colors: Red and Blue of the Cuban flag and royal Purple.

https://imgur.com/n9yqkTS

In this timeline, Cuban sugar mogul Julio Lobo's fateful October 11, 1960 meeting with Ernesto "Che" Guevara results in Lobo fleeing to Miami, but he found a way to get his money through. Lobo, ever the philanthropist, founded Universidad de Julio Lobo in 1963. It was, and continues to be mostly for business, as Lobo was a great businessman. There is also a large agricultural component, again connected to the founding by Lobo, a sugar mogul. Sports came soon. Lobo being from Latin America, soccer and baseball were obviously first, but they were quickly followed by football, basketball, tennis, golf, and any other sport I may be missing, except ice hockey. There's field hockey, but it's Miami. No ice hockey. Lacrosse recently came in newer. The teams were named Los Reyes as a reference to Lobo's nickname, "El Rey de Azucar de Havana" (The Sugar King of Havana). They generally started going more by the English names in the 1980s, but the Spanish names are the official names. As it is a newer school, they are somewhat light on traditions, but that does not stop the student body of around 20,000 from packing Estadio Montalvo (another rich Cuban family Lobo married into) on Saturdays for the football games. 

What is the logo suppose to be? I'm confused... And to help you out in the future, to insert a picture into your post copy the URL, go to the button labeled "Insert other media" and then look for the "Insert image from URL" and your image will stay in your post.

n9yqkTS_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Here's the image of no one wants to click on the link.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Yeah.. I'm going to go ahead and lock this. Seems like you're rushing just to get something out. 

Take your time and hone your skills a little bit. The boards will still be here when you have something to share. 

• Atomic locked this topic

Archived