Hellman's Mayonaise new packaging

BadSeed84

It would be a win if they didn't have those white patches on the label. It should just be solid yellow or blue. I'd say it's a lateral move as is.

28 minutes ago, Jbadger9 said:

I think they did a lighter blue to emphasize how the mayo is "light". But they should at least make the colors match.

They have in the past. I think the light blue cap for the light mayo is a good touch. I have a feeling they see the dark blue cap as part of their brand, though. Otherwise, it seems like such an obvious thing.

7455d08c-0b8b-4f4f-b744-ba367eee9ed0_2.6

Edit: and other people have caught on. This reminds me of the discussion about what different colors mean in soft drink branding and/or the controversy with the mostly white Coke cans.

23791.jpg

23789.jpg

Yea, I just looked at I got a store brand light mayo and it has the light blue cap, that's usually what I look for.

Also, I think it's odd how there is no yellow in any of the other kind's of mayo.

https://www.hellmanns.com/us/en/products.html

Then again I think its crazy how there's 8 different mayonaises (just regular, not counting eve the additional organic, vegan and other ones), I get regular and light, but geez, every different oil on the planet?

• 2 months later...
On 5/22/2018 at 4:24 PM, poser said:

Best Foods has followed

048001213517-1174221-png.png.ulenscale.4

048001213722-1166336-png.png.ulenscale.4

Same Company....

Hellmann's and Best Foods are brand names that are used for the same line of mayonnaise and other food products. The Hellmann's brand is sold in the United States east of the Rocky Mountains, and also in Latin America, Europe, Australia, the Middle East, Canada and South Africa. The Best Foods brand is sold in the United States west of the Rocky Mountains, and also in Asia, Australia, and New Zealand.

• 3 weeks later...

It doesn't look bad, but it's just a lateral move. It seems like a reflection of the recent design trend of using package design to make national-brand products look like small-batch, "craft" versions of those products in order to stay relevant among the youths. 

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

On 8/1/2018 at 10:56 AM, MC Buffalo said:

Same Company....

Hellmann's and Best Foods are brand names that are used for the same line of mayonnaise and other food products. The Hellmann's brand is sold in the United States east of the Rocky Mountains, and also in Latin America, Europe, Australia, the Middle East, Canada and South Africa. The Best Foods brand is sold in the United States west of the Rocky Mountains, and also in Asia, Australia, and New Zealand.

So Australia gets both?

I see it as a definite upgrade - I really like the new bowtie compared to the shaded/gradient one, and losing the banner at the bottom is good.

DO people still use mayo?  I kinda thought that mayo died like 20 years ago.  I think it's the grossest thing I can imagine.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This was a long overdue upgrade. Unfortunately, the upgrade is to a design trend that is already dead, but it actually works for them. It’s just a simplified version of the previous, so it works. I don’t thin they were ever trying to be at the forefront of packaging design anyway. The oddest thing though is the use of yellow. That has to be the worst color to ever put on mayo packaging. The Light version is so much more attractive

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

9 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I see it as a definite upgrade - I really like the new bowtie compared to the shaded/gradient one, and losing the banner at the bottom is good.

DO people still use mayo?  I kinda thought that mayo died like 20 years ago.  I think it's the grossest thing I can imagine.

Just because you don't have mayo, doesn't mean people stopped using mayo. That's like me saying "Do people still get hot pockets?" since I haven't eaten one in 8 years. Of course people are still buying it I am sure.

Like I don't use it much, usually use mustard in sandwiches, but tuna fish it helps.

On 8/25/2018 at 9:25 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

It's honestly an ingredient mostly, for mac salad and the like.

Also my preferred french fry dip.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

I'll use mayonnaise in certain things, but I just don't like to think about it too much. The look and smell inside the jar is pretty gross. I don't eat any of the "salads" that are held together with mayo.

Archived