ECHL Newfoundland Growlers Unveil Name, Logo, Colours

ECHL Newfoundland Growlers Unveil Name, Logo, Colours

May 22, 2018 - 14:34 PM

The ECHL’s newest franchise officially unveiled their name, logo, and colour scheme via a video shared to their social media channels this morning. Confirming reports over the past few weeks the Newfoundland Growlers was announced as the name of the […]

Read More...

1 hour ago, bkknight95 said:

the lack of eyes is a little unsettling 

Actually, if you ever see a Newfie dog, their eyes are really hard to spot because they are mostly black and they blend with the black fur, so this is really an accurate look at what a Newf looks like. 

2 hours ago, WideRight said:

Actually, if you ever see a Newfie dog, their eyes are really hard to spot because they are mostly black and they blend with the black fur, so this is really an accurate look at what a Newf looks like. 

Makes sense, i see it now.

IMG_5706.jpg

4 hours ago, nickp91 said:

I suppose the Newfoundland Growlers will win the Kelly Cup in their first year of existence

For 500 million, the ECHL will let them keep the :censored: ned thing.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

7 hours ago, aztex82 said:

I'm glad they went a different route and opted for calling themselves Newfoundland instead of Saint John's as every other defunct team from that city has done.

Yeah, that was the problem with all those teams, not being on a distant island.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 5/23/2018 at 12:34 AM, the admiral said:

Yeah, that was the problem with all those teams, not being on a distant island.

Haha. Yeah, I wasn’t trying to explain why previous teams there failed. Those airfare arrangements must be unreal.

Archived