What's the Best Print-on-Demand Website?

Bruins

I've been looking to get into selling some stuff, but I have no idea what the best POD site is. I'd like a fairly simple way to make the stuff, not too much of a voting/approval process, and most of the control over pricing/marketing etc. Any help from members w/ experience would be much appreciated!

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

This was a big pain in the ass for me, as I make t-shirts too and can relate. I liked the kind of indie vibe from Cotton Bureau, but they just didn't give me the pay I wanted, so I had to move away from them. I also don't have the base to buy from wholesale sites like CustomInk, nor do I think they're the best quality, so I've had to deal with that. I tried Redbubble for a while, and while they make good quality stuff, the way they treat their artists is just $#!Tty. When they have discount codes and stuff it subtracts from the artist profit, and even still, it's hard to sell well in the saturated Redbubble market.

I ended up using BigCartel as a platform to sell my shirts. They've got professional sites made for selling things, and they even have a free option which is great when you're just starting out. Of course the paid options provide for more customization, more products, custom domains, things like that, but unless you're running a full-fledged business, it works fine for free. It's one of the few "custom online marketplaces" that actually provides a free option.

And as far as printing goes, I went with Printful. They do on-demand printing which is perfect when you don't know how much you're going to sell or you don't wanna get invested too much. They've got a ton of shirts, sweatshirts, hoodies, and more to work with, and everything I've gotten from them has been pretty high quality. They even do embroidered hats and such, also on-demand, which is something you can't find in very many places. I can't praise Printful enough, they really made my business possible. Plus, they've got an integration thingy with BigCartel, so every time you get an order on your BigCartel site, it's immediately pushed through and processed by Printful. Pretty convenient.

There's my two cents. Hope that helps ya out!

(Also here's a shameless plug to my t-shirt website)

Wow, that is really helpful, thank you. I think I'm gonna try Cotton Bureau to start, cause I also like the simplicity and am really just looking for some casual money right now. If I don't love it, Printful/BigCartel sound very interesting as well, I already signed up in case. Thanks again Zeus!

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

23 minutes ago, Bruins said:

Wow, that is really helpful, thank you. I think I'm gonna try Cotton Bureau to start, cause I also like the simplicity and am really just looking for some casual money right now. If I don't love it, Printful/BigCartel sound very interesting as well, I already signed up in case. Thanks again Zeus!

Cotton Bureau is awesome. A few downsides- you don't get a lot of volume, your shirt is only able to be bought for 2 weeks, then it disappears (until it gets 40 'requests', if you want more info, they explain it pretty well) and it's not easy to get designs accepted. That said, go get 'em!

tinysig.jpg

Archived