Sign in to follow this  
kevinmets

Cool but Clickbaity MLB Concepts

Long time former poster here, haven't been around in a while.  I stumbled upon this clickbait article claiming "MLB is finally updating the old team logos", which I somehow doubt is the actual truth.

I was wondering if any of the posters here made these?  Some of them look great!  And if so I wanted to bring it to their attention to make sure they're getting credit.

http://jetlaggin.com/mlb-is-finally-updating-the-old-team-logos-with-some-groundbreaking-designs

Apologies if these have already been posted.

The braves one is @derschwigg 's I believe. Most of the logos are garbage, collages of logos and google images slapped together with generic fonts. Also, the "reviews" are absolutely :censored:. The notion that the ray of sun doesn't "fit" with the Rays team mascot, the idea that a D-backs logo with like 4 elements is too simple for an mlb logo, the idea that a dodgers logo cluttered with green, gray, and a tiny LA... please.

Anyone who hasn't already spent 5 minutes waiting for the 50 pages to load, save yourself some time. Don't look at these.

I looked at the web page, and it's 100% false.  The Indians are getting rid of Chief Wahoo, not redesigning him.  Whoever made this is spreading false information.

Most of these are hot garbage, but I'm not going to lie(/unpopular opinion), that Yankees logo is better than the current hat on a bat logo... 

2 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

Most of these are hot garbage, but I'm not going to lie(/unpopular opinion), that Yankees logo is better than the current hat on a bat logo... 

Its the Mets logo in Yanks colors...

3 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Its the Mets logo in Yanks colors...

They're similar, both with the same idea, but different enough...

On 5/24/2018 at 2:49 PM, KRZYBDGRZ said:

This is so scarya0791935835999.570c50dee799e_15253713946

Photoshop gone horrible wrong....

The Jays’ logo is almost as bad as this one. I love the commentary and thoughts from the person “looking at the logos”. Does he/she know anything about this kind of thing?